The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: players representatives ?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 06:07:22 pm »
Staff members are players, they should be the player representatives?
i think the difference here is like the difference between government and parliament
I think the parliament here on emps is the suggestions and feedback sections (keep in mind anyone can enter their thoughts there rather than going through first a limited group of player representatives and then a limited group of staff members).
If you've been paying attention Thomy reads every discussion players have on the forums, and if he thinks there's a good argument or idea from coming out of any of that, either feedback, changes, content or otherwise, within a moderate limitation of workload, he makes it happen.
Also, there's a limited amount of players already that manages community work. Take a look at Rock Gyo, or Fate, or myself for that instance. Wouldn't they be your representatives?
because you have the mindset of staff members

No. They have a mindset of a mature person, not a kid.
well well well , this is really nice to see, are all staff members really like you? i guess the game is done for then
R.I.P Emps
locked btw
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:14:15 pm by Kena »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:31 pm »
the first thing you'll think of would be the priority list, unlike any normal player who would think of how nice it'd be to have that kind of change to the game regardless of how hard it would be to code

We need content that stays active and relevant for a long time and is relatively easy to implement. Not taking these things into account will only lead into Clan Wars 2.0: everyone wanted it and everyone was really exited for it. The thing died after a week of its release. Yes, I'm not even kidding. The only players playing Clan Wars after the first week were token boosters, that's it.

You are like a kid at a toy store: you want this, you want that and you want everything. You are completely forgetting that this game is developed by a single person. If something becomes completely forgotten after one week of its release, that means a big loss of development time, which is exactly the reason why priority and the amount of work required for an update are extremely important things to remember in Emps.

If you still wish to nominate your best friend as a player representative, feel free to contact Martin and convince him to reintroduce the whole hullabaloo again. I would love it if it was released.

Offline Kena

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:38 pm »
the first thing you'll think of would be the priority list, unlike any normal player who would think of how nice it'd be to have that kind of change to the game regardless of how hard it would be to code

We need content that stays active and relevant for a long time and is relatively easy to implement. Not taking these things into account will only lead into Clan Wars 2.0: everyone wanted it and everyone was really exited for it. The thing died after a week of its release. Yes, I'm not even kidding. The only players playing Clan Wars after the first week were token boosters, that's it.

You are like a kid at a toy store: you want this, you want that and you want everything. You are completely forgetting that this game is developed by a single person. If something becomes completely forgotten after one week of its release, that means a big loss of development time, which is exactly the reason why priority and the amount of work required for an update are extremely important things to remember in Emps.

If you still wish to nominate your best friend as a player representative, feel free to contact Martin and convince him to reintroduce the whole hullabaloo again. I would love it if it was released.
well this is really mature of you to reply to this topic after i locked it only to tell me that i'm a kid. everything you said is very well known and is irrelevant to what i said because if you could read the part you quoted, then i guess you can read this part

(not saying that your way is wrong , but this is a simple example for the difference between normal players and people like yourself) 
and regardless of the fact that i might have described the representatives we want in a wrong way, all you did there is that you went off topic because in this case you should convince me that staff members are enough as representatives. not net pick a sentence that i said and write a newspaper column about a point that doesn't interest me because i already know it.
the thing is in this case if there was a player representative i'd be able to ask him to make a report of you because to me , you have just abused you power as a mod just by coming back here just to offend me, spam my topic and imply that i want a personal gain from this whole thing. of course a staff member would see this as a normal logical reply that MIGHT just might be a bit rude so i still think that staff team members can't be my representatives.

Mary

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 09:14:12 pm »
The helpdesk would suffice for a report, we also have a report button link on every post here on the forums. If you'd like to report a staff member, a higher ranked staff member will take care of it, none of the staff members are allowed to deal with their own reports, that would be downright wrong.

The fact you closed the topic after an argument that we were unable to reply to, would not be a very friendly move either. I don't really appreciate that once you start losing a discussion or no longer want to deal with it, you just close it up.

That said, I think the player representatives would just be another step in the chain of being able to talk to the ones that really matter. I think a weekly AMA from let's say thomy, martin or whoever else you'd like to talk to to deal with things, would work out just fine. A topic where every player if he really wants to, can leave a message to thomy, and thomy can choose if he wants to deal with it or not. It's a common concept amongst mayors and other leaders of civilizations to have a open consult one day each week for example, to talk to his 'citizens', no matter how small or stupid the issue is.
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 10:09:57 pm »
That said, I think the player representatives would just be another step in the chain of being able to talk to the ones that really matter. I think a weekly AMA from let's say thomy, martin or whoever else you'd like to talk to to deal with things, would work out just fine. A topic where every player if he really wants to, can leave a message to thomy, and thomy can choose if he wants to deal with it or not. It's a common concept amongst mayors and other leaders of civilizations to have a open consult one day each week for example, to talk to his 'citizens', no matter how small or stupid the issue is.

Then we can ask why he engaged 70 seconds too soon with Shyvana!

Offline Kena

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 09:15:28 am »
The helpdesk would suffice for a report, we also have a report button link on every post here on the forums. If you'd like to report a staff member, a higher ranked staff member will take care of it, none of the staff members are allowed to deal with their own reports, that would be downright wrong.

The fact you closed the topic after an argument that we were unable to reply to, would not be a very friendly move either. I don't really appreciate that once you start losing a discussion or no longer want to deal with it, you just close it up.

helpdesk barely helps when normal players start flaming, so i doubt it would be of any help when a mod is my opponent. i said a representative would be needed here because i don't think game's current rules would be of any help in this case, and higher ranks staff members will most likely take this as an insignificant report that is not worth taking any kind of actions against the offender. i asked an ex-admin about this and he told me these things , i didn't come up with anything.

now regarding your second point, i think what i did was the best thing , because otherwise i'd be flaming only due to that nonsensical reply, and eventually get myself banned or receiving an infraction.  because if he replied like you did in the third part of your reply, i don't think i'd close it.
i agree with the last part because this will save many troubles choosing a representative although i doubt it'll last for a long time.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:19 am »
Reps won't work; the game's community cannot simply choose the same person to represent them, unless they are friends of them or really appreciate that person. It won't work because it will eventually be a rep of the forum's community, not the game's, since the actual game community won't even know they got a rep, lol.

Staffs are the community's reps, that's how it's supposed to be at least..

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 11:38:28 am »
I was just browsing this topic and came across someone that mentioned the report to moderator button on the forum. Yeah, I've reported so many people on here and nothing seems to get done about it; even staff members who have the cheek to infract/warn me for something and they go and do the same thing themselves.

I know this isn't really to do with Staff members but I thought I'd get my point across with that argument right there.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 11:54:07 am »
Yeah, I've reported so many people on here and nothing seems to get done about it

Are you saying that we should delete every single post you report? If so, I'm sorry to disappoint you that ain't happening, but instead, we warn/infract people. Just to let you know, so far we have dealt with every report you have sent us and we appreciate you taking your time to report those users. But complaining about something you have absolutely no idea of in a post that is totally irrelevant to this thread is just plain silly.

You see nothing happening because you have no access to other people's infraction history.

Next off-topic post on this thread will get this thing locked for good.
The following users liked this post: Joshiee

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:52 pm »

Which is literally what a lot of staff members do/did, they get their say in and then lock the topic. But when a player does it it 'isn't a friendly move'

u wot merel

Staffs are the community's reps, that's how it's supposed to be at least..

New staff members get chosen by the staff, a player representative is supposed to add more input.

If there are 10 staff members nothing changes. They might gain a nice title of 'we r represent' but the amount of input stays at 10 when it should be 13.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:01:49 pm by Irfox »
Pages: 1 2