The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kena

• Liked: 51 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
players representatives ?
« on: August 03, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »
i think i've read about this somewhere on forums, forgot the details but i have one question.
can we get a report of these individuals' actions and performance? i mean we're represented by them and i'm really intrigued to know what are the changes they helped with  :o

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: players representatives ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »
First people were complaining that we never had players representatives. Then when they actually had a chance to nominate ones, vut nobody really cared about it.

¯\(ツ)/¯
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:03:23 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:27:47 pm »
There weren't enough candidates for it, nor enough votes.
In the end it was decided no player reps could be made without a majority of the server voting, and thus some of the higher-voted-on people was promoted.
While I wouldn't mind Martin trying it again, I doubt it'll have a different outcome. Not enough people visit the forums.
;

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 04:15:49 pm »
i vote for drugs

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Il Pk I, Kaner, Drugs, Someone12116, Suryoyo K0, Ledomy10

Offline Kena

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »
this is a very sad thing to hear actually because the idea of representative is really good IMO

Mary

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »
Staff members are players, they should be the player representatives?
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 08:48:44 pm »
They arent chosen by players, but by some red noob ._.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Mary

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:19:58 pm »
I'm very sure they would not have been chosen if they are not respected and accepted throughout the whole community and aren't full aware of what's going on in the community. Seems to be pointless to be a staff member if you don't know how to interact.

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:10:00 am »
I'm very sure they would not have been chosen if they are not respected and accepted throughout the whole community and aren't full aware of what's going on in the community. Seems to be pointless to be a staff member if you don't know how to interact.

Yeah right, that's why Martin barely knows the players he's promoting.

Anyway, staff members can't be (they already sort of are) player representatives because they aren't players but staff members
They have privileges and powers that normal players don't and get treated differently.
You'd like someone with the rights/ranks of a player to be a representative.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=8834.0

Here's How it Works:

I. Basic Information:
From here, you are able to nominate three players you think should represent you.
The three players with the most votes will be your representatives. Those 3 players will have an invisible rank; they'll have an equal say in everything just like every other staff member.
The term limit for these representatives is 3 months. After those months are up, new representatives will be chosen.

III. Functions of a Representative:
Discuss current in-game issues.
Rule Changes
Discuss Overall Gameplay
Propose Change in these areas
In Charge of Moderator Promotions

Tl;dr making a staff member a player representative will literally not change anything. The point of a player representative is to get 'another voice in' while a staff member that is also a player representative basically keeps the amount of input the same.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:17:51 am by Irfox »

Offline Kena

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:26 am »
i think the difference here is like the difference between government and parliament

Mary

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 06:33:59 am »
i think the difference here is like the difference between government and parliament
I think the parliament here on emps is the suggestions and feedback sections (keep in mind anyone can enter their thoughts there rather than going through first a limited group of player representatives and then a limited group of staff members).
If you've been paying attention Thomy reads every discussion players have on the forums, and if he thinks there's a good argument or idea from coming out of any of that, either feedback, changes, content or otherwise, within a moderate limitation of workload, he makes it happen.
Also, there's a limited amount of players already that manages community work. Take a look at Rock Gyo, or Fate, or myself for that instance. Wouldn't they be your representatives?

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 03:07:46 pm »
Also, there's a limited amount of players already that manages community work. Take a look at Rock Gyo, or Fate, or myself for that instance. Wouldn't they be your representatives?

None of those are non-Romanians normal players. Fate quits a ton and I don't need to explain to you why you aren't a normal player.

Offline Kena

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 03:44:38 pm »
I think the parliament here on emps is the suggestions and feedback sections (keep in mind anyone can enter their thoughts there rather than going through first a limited group of player representatives and then a limited group of staff members).
If you've been paying attention Thomy reads every discussion players have on the forums, and if he thinks there's a good argument or idea from coming out of any of that, either feedback, changes, content or otherwise, within a moderate limitation of workload, he makes it happen.
sorry but i can't think of any of the people you mentioned as our representatives , because you have the mindset of staff members, it is really hard for you to adopt average players' way of thinking, lets say for example. someone made a suggestion , the first thing you'll think of would be the priority list, unlike any normal player who would think of how nice it'd be to have that kind of change to the game regardless of how hard it would be to code (not saying that your way is wrong , but this is a simple example for the difference between normal players and people like yourself) simply said you people can't be normal players anymore and thinking of you as our representatives would be a waste of time because we don't need thomy-like players to speak for us, we need people who would neglect the pressure and other factors you take into consideration. (still it'd be really nice to have more people like Thomy tbh cuz the game would be updated weekly XD)

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 04:50:40 pm »
because you have the mindset of staff members

No. They have a mindset of a mature person, not a kid.
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 05:09:38 pm »
because you have the mindset of staff members

No. They have a mindset of a mature person, not a kid.
Didn't know mature persons abused their powers on the sb and basically for whatever they want

See: emps thread when emps got closed
Pages: 1 2