The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
Pk Points Shop
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:25:34 pm »
I think that this server deserves a proper pkp shop that includes unusual items and useful items for pkers .
I'm not a pker and I'm thinking to start learning on how to be one.
My thoughts of some ways to use pkp:
1.Using pkp to repair items for free(barrow items, rods, ... )
2.Another item protection ( if you use prayer you protect 2 items) - [ this one should cost a lot ]

I'm opening this topic here, so you guys can give also ideas and solve this problem, and take advantage of the pk points.
More reason I'm opening this topic :
The problem of boosters is not solved by banning them. Not everyone would get caught, we would need some kind of new logs or eyes literally everywhere in the wilderness. It causes a lot of unnecessary work to the entire staff team while having very little effect on actually preventing boosting.

Furthermore, what should be in this pkp shop? How would we go about earning the currency for that pkp shop? You barely included any details about the thing you're suggesting. A pkp shop wouldn't be a bad idea, it might encourage a lot more people to go pk. However, nobody has managed to spend a bit of their time and actually write out a proper suggestion for one, instead of just plopping down a 1 sentence suggestion that everyone has already seen. Quite a shame.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:11:09 pm by Land Rover 1 »
The following users liked this post: Simas

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pk Poinst Shop
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »
1.Using pkp to repair items for free(barrow items, rods, ... )
Would prevent cash from being sinked, may cause inflation but will at the very least prevent a lot of cash from being sinked. No thanks.
2.Another item protection ( if you use prayer you protect 2 items) - [ this one should cost a lot ]
So basically you would get to risk less because you pvp more often? It makes people risk less, thus giving people less loot and making pvp less rewarding. It would encourage boosting as well, since people may use multiple accounts to pk with. No thanks.

Example rewards I would approve of:
  • Edgeville teleports - Same as the ones from the EP shop.
  • Untradables GA - If killed while risking untradables they will appear in your inventory instead of being dropped.
  • Vecna's skull - Used to skull & remove skull, only works outside of the wilderness. Untradable, might need a charge system.
These items are more or less convenience things, they shouldn't affect the game's economy or the pvp gameplay much. They won't have a negative effect so there aren't many downsides to adding them.

I may pick up the subject of getting points and preventing boosting later.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pk Points Shop
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 11:19:08 pm »
Being real here, you could only add perks to pkp-store that make pking a bit more convenient. It wouldn't be a legit way of making money, not with emps and it's economy.
But to be honest who gives a fuck about teleports, armour fixing or vecna-whatevers that are suppose to benefit the pkers, what would really benefit the pkers would be not häving to wait 2 hours for a single fight.

Not that all of these perks and ideas regards to pking-shop are shit, just leave them for pvm/skills/minigames. Because players who have a pk-store and no pkers to kill will eventually give up on pking anyways.

Just try to grow the server is possible in other ways, and pking will grow too.
wat im tired

Also when I last played there were decent amount of pkers around so Im not trying to press on the issue that pking is dying. But honestly pking doesn't need some gimmicky updates either, stick with balancing the general pvp not spend time on useless gimmicks.

edit: again, not that you can't come up with good ideas to pking/pvp shop. But I think that it's fine as is, and coding time should be focused more towards rest of the game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:26:39 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:13:11 am »
Boosting isn't that difficult to prevent, you can just restrict players with the same ip address to attack each other. I've seen that solution on another server. (I might have a different understanding what boosting means, correct me if I'm wrong).

As for the rewards, I'd favor something like being able to teletab from level 30 wild or getting access to some shortcuts in wilderness. That wouldn't really benefit Fair-Pkers, but it's all I've got right now.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 08:17:50 am »
I actually did a pkp shop suggestion ages ago, afair it got a lot of good feedback.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 10:06:29 am »
Boosting isn't that difficult to prevent, you can just restrict players with the same ip address to attack each other. I've seen that solution on another server. (I might have a different understanding what boosting means, correct me if I'm wrong).
Doesn't prevent friends from boosting eachother. Can still boost yourself, just need 2 pcs and something that'll change your ip. They also shouldn't be restricted when it comes to attacking eachother, rather they should just get no pkp.
;

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 08:21:59 am »
Doesn't prevent friends from boosting eachother. Can still boost yourself, just need 2 pcs and something that'll change your ip. They also shouldn't be restricted when it comes to attacking eachother, rather they should just get no pkp.

If boosting isn't solvable with friends, I think we should wait with the pk point shop.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »
yeah i agree this would make wilderness more crowded instead of some pathetic event

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1