The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Which solution do you think is best?

More member features
Shortening free membership
Loyalty rewards
Turning member tickets into donator points
Reduce the amount of days a ticket gives
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss membership
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:36 am »
to lower the amount of days a ticket give would piss off alot of people myself included
it was 45 days now its 30 days what would you want it changed to? i think one month, 30 days is perfect imo
10 days would be perfect. People would use more member tickets instead of staking 200 of them at once.

Divide the number of days given by 3 => stakers will do 3 times bigger stakes, as tickets would become cheaper. New players wouldn't be able to make 10M back in just 10 days. Also, a month of memberships would cost 10.50€, which would be A LOT for a RSPS.

People buy member tickets because they are the only donator items that actually leave the game and have a use.

Whips are useless: they are abyssal whips in different color. Blades have been completely useless for years. The rest of the stuff are bunch of cosmetics.

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 10:20:46 am »
The only reason I am using member tickets is the infinite run energy (->agility).

While member tickets seem to go down, they are still the most valuable donater item because they literally disappear and get out of the game.

To make membership more attractive and more valuable you need to..
a) shorten the membership status.
b) add more attractive features for members only.

My solution would be to decrease the time to 20-25 days. New features could look like this:

- no more free member.
- double xp weekends only for members available (+ email registration).
- increase the drop rate by 10% (e.g 1.5% -> 1.65%) or even less. However dont mention the exact amount. Just mention that you get increased drop rate.
- non member skills (e.g. herblore) should turn for members only at lvl 80+ potions.
- upon activating member ship, they get 1 'double tickets' token which lasts 1 day and doubles all tickets gained in mini games.

Offline Fawkes

• Liked: 36 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 10:52:10 am »
Divide the number of days given by 3 => stakers will do 3 times bigger stakes, as tickets would become cheaper. New players wouldn't be able to make 10M back in just 10 days. Also, a month of memberships would cost 10.50€, which would be A LOT for a RSPS.

People buy member tickets because they are the only donator items that actually leave the game and have a use.

Whips are useless: they are abyssal whips in different color. Blades have been completely useless for years. The rest of the stuff are bunch of cosmetics.

New players can make 10m in just a few hours. (Filling vials, mining coals, ...)

You can get 40+ days for just 10 euro ( but some players donate like 50 euro for just selling the tickets, so they buy lots of tickets at once)

Donator items are useless, yes.

- increase the drop rate by 10% (e.g 1.5% -> 1.65%) or even less. However dont mention the exact amount. Just mention that you get increased drop rate.

There are some good suggestions in it, but I strongly disagree with this. It would ruin the economy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:55:39 am by Fawkes »

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 02:45:13 pm »
to lower the amount of days a ticket give would piss off alot of people myself included
it was 45 days now its 30 days what would you want it changed to? i think one month, 30 days is perfect imo
10 days would be perfect. People would use more member tickets instead of staking 200 of them at once.
Imagine how long it takes for the community to get rid of 200 member tickets. we hardly have 200 players. If the member ticket gave us 10 days only it would take 3x less time. Less member tickets ingame would make the price go up? Wouldn't it? And if the member ticket gave only 10 days people might skill more in monday - friday when there's no double exp.
As for the month costing 10euros i wouldn't see a problem, because membership should be something that people actually work for. I know there are guys like Avenus who can donate 1000bucks just out of the blue, but players might go and actually chop some magics or fish some mantas to afford a member ticket.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Fawkes

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 03:21:54 pm »
My solution would be to decrease the time to 20-25 days. New features could look like this:

- no more free member.
- non member skills (e.g. herblore) should turn for members only at lvl 80+ potions.
- upon activating member ship, they get 1 'double tickets' token which lasts 1 day and doubles all tickets gained in mini games.
I'm not really a fan of increased droprates, we lack sinks. Weekend dxp for members only would certainly increase the amount of tickets used. I am a fan of high level non-member skill content getting some member things in them. I'd say a general increase in tokens for members would be a lot more attractive for people, like a 10% bonus or so.

As far as lowering the amount, I'm not too big of a fan of it. I get that it's an immediate solution that would sink a ton of them. It could stop people from donating.

More potential features:
  • The chance to save runes when using a staff - May help the rune market get to the point where runes are sellable again, wouldn't hurt mages too much.
  • Chronozon - You can currently get to him without membership, he's the only thing in the slayer tower that doesn't require membership to be killed.
  • Staking - Might discourage people from staking and get people to use more tickets, win win imo.

;
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10, Fawkes

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 06:24:56 pm »

New players can make 10m in just a few hours. (Filling vials, mining coals, ...)

I want you to answer one question: Why are there level 120-126s in full dragon and shit? Yes, a new player COULD make 10M a day if they had the knowledge of an older player.

Offline Stop Loss

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
  • #BYE@
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 06:29:09 pm »
what point from More member features,when member cost only 5m now and everyone can use it
make it something special.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 06:32:47 pm »
I want you to answer one question: Why are there level 120-126s in full dragon and shit? Yes, a new player COULD make 10M a day if they had the knowledge of an older player.
Because duel arena

what point from More member features,when member cost only 5m now and everyone can use it
make it something special.
So people would use them more often because of these member features, these features would be the things that the ticket let you do.
;

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:47 am »

- no more free member.
I'm not really a fan of increased droprates, we lack sinks. Weekend dxp for members only would certainly increase the amount of tickets used. I am a fan of high level non-member skill content getting some member things in them. I'd say a general increase in tokens for members would be a lot more attractive for people, like a 10% bonus or so.

As far as lowering the amount, I'm not too big of a fan of it. I get that it's an immediate solution that would sink a ton of them. It could stop people from donating.

More potential features:
  • The chance to save runes when using a staff - May help the rune market get to the point where runes are sellable again, wouldn't hurt mages too much.
  • Chronozon - You can currently get to him without membership, he's the only thing in the slayer tower that doesn't require membership to be killed.
  • Staking - Might discourage people from staking and get people to use more tickets, win win imo.

Now that I think about, lowering the duration is what would hurt the most.

But the most popular skills could get tweaked without a big loss, because the resulting income pays off with the ticket e.g.

- fishing & cooking mantas only for members or fishing mantas outside of wildy is members only -> add some spots in wildy.
- Small things like making a dfs or godsword blade requires membership.
- herblore from lvl 80 is members only

New member features:
- usage of some items is members only e.g. pvp items
- future high content items

On the other hand, you would need to allow every player train every skill (including current member skills) up to a certain point e.g.

- every member skill becomes f2p until you hit level 50? and everything above 50 requires the membership status.

or remove the cap, but make the progression alot slower:

- a f2p slay master could be added with similar tasks as the fairy in al kharid.
- normal barb agility course is f2p
- thieving up to 'warriors' (lvl 25 required) is f2p.
- farming up to 50 (avantoe seeds).

basically everything is for free up to a certain level/point.
Also free member for newcomers can be removed as well since they will be 'members'.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:49 am »
Among others things we could lower xp gained by nonmembers by 50%.
So non-members would gain 0.5x normal xp, members get the regular (current) xp rates.
Slower xp will courage more players to use member tickets.

Staking should be made members only as well.

Eddie1408, I wouldn't recommend making mantas members only, since fishing/cooking them is a good money making method for skillers etc. This will more likely make players quit than use tickets.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:47 am »

But the most popular skills could get tweaked without a big loss, because the resulting income pays off with the ticket e.g.

- fishing & cooking mantas only for members or fishing mantas outside of wildy is members only -> add some spots in wildy.

New member features:

On the other hand, you would need to allow every player train every skill (including current member skills) up to a certain point e.g.

- every member skill becomes f2p until you hit level 50? and everything above 50 requires the membership status.

- a f2p slay master could be added with similar tasks as the fairy in al kharid.

Also free member for newcomers can be removed as well since they will be 'members'.
Things like making gs blades or dfs is something people often let other people do for them. Making those require member wouldn't really make a difference.

F2p has a slayer master: https://emps-world.net/wiki/Hunding
This is the right way to introduce f2p to member skills, just have the exp rates low as hell.

Making high herb seeds members only would be a nice thing imo, it would give the herb market a break from being oversupplied. I don't think herb should be memb only from 80 on, just some potions should be members only to create.

Rather than cutting mantas from f2p, introducing rocktails and making them members only is a better idea as there are already bajillions of mantas in the game. These should only be slightly better than mantas, I've already made a topic on them once which can be revived if it needs to be discussed seperately.

I'm not a big fan of usage of items requiring membership. One of the things that is appealing about the things you can get when you're member is that you can still use them if you aren't. I wouldn't have bothered getting a salve ammy on another account if I wasn't able to use it without membership. Making things work for non members also help make membership a profitable thing; what if slayer drops or slayer shop items were members only to use? They would have far lower demand and probably be used less or not at all on alts.

The content is what should be members, the rewards from it should not be.

;

Offline Fawkes

• Liked: 36 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2016, 05:58:44 pm »
And what's going to happen now? The amount of tickets in the economy keeps still increasing. We've discussed the options, but the topic died away after a few days. So, what is going to happen now? People are selling like 40 tickets at once for 3-4m each, while almost nobody is actually buying them.
I used to skill at ease in Al-Kharid's bank and have a nice chat with others, but now even the beggers are there.

The staff might pay a bit more attention to this, this is a major problem that needs to be fixed.
Let's make being member attractive and exciting again before we create more minigames or dungeons.

And I'm still conviced that it all starts with decrease the duration of the tickets.  :)
The following users liked this post: Sir Rambo, Ironmandommy

Offline Nestingdoll

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 06:38:13 am »
Make more items members only
ติดตามบล็อกเกมสนุกมันส์ๆได้ที่นี่
เล่นบอลออนไลน์
เดิมพันบอลออนไลน์
พนันบอลออนไลน์

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 08:16:15 am »
You know it's getting shitty when member rings are 2m now

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2016, 03:15:39 pm »

New member features:

Making high herb seeds members only would be a nice thing imo, it would give the herb market a break from being oversupplied. I don't think herb should be memb only from 80 on, just some potions should be members only to create.

Rather than cutting mantas from f2p, introducing rocktails and making them members only is a better idea as there are already bajillions of mantas in the game. These should only be slightly better than mantas, I've already made a topic on them once which can be revived if it needs to be discussed seperately.

Why not make members are the only ones that is capable of making 4 dose potions instead of decanting? I like the rocktails part, a new food would be good especially is for members.
Pages: 1 2 3 4