The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
hybriding?
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:44:35 pm »
would u like to have hybriding being a thing in this server? How would this happen? Why would u not like to see hybriding here? Comment what do u think and suggest something :)

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: hybriding?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:54:30 pm »
That's a general discussion topic? ???

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
That's a general discussion topic? ???
yea realised right after posted. someone feel free to move this :)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:30:31 am »
People hybrid already ???

At least a few people do, it's really hard right now since magic tends to splash so often, and range tends to hit reliably either, pvp is very melee oriented right now, although it is possible to hybrid, another thing is that hybridding takes a lot of skill and honestly, not many people are very much good at it.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 10:45:34 am »
People hybrid already ???

At least a few people do, it's really hard right now since magic tends to splash so often, and range tends to hit reliably either, pvp is very melee oriented right now, although it is possible to hybrid, another thing is that hybridding takes a lot of skill and honestly, not many people are very much good at it.
People i have seen trying to hybrid been camping magic whole fight and when opponent gets a bit lower hp they do 2 way switch to ags and pray for 70. I dont really see hows that hybriding.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:50:38 am »
idk about hybriding, there is not really any good hybrid armour

to actually hit something you need 6 way switches or some shit which barely leaves space for runes and food/pots

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 12:31:09 pm »
idk about hybriding, there is not really any good hybrid armour

to actually hit something you need 6 way switches or some shit which barely leaves space for runes and food/pots
6 way switch is normal in hybriding. What comes to pots, runes and food. Super combat potion should give same str bonus zamorak brew gives + 118 def and atk(would be good overall in pvp and pvm) and rune pouch should be added in game wich would leave alot inv space for food. at the moment hybriding with melee is not good idea because you need too much space for pots. What do u mean with hybrid armour?

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 12:32:48 pm »
Hybridding no.
-Every gear gives mage def so theres no point in bringing something like a karils top or w/e.
-Can't punish people with very accurate melee hits on robes cuz mage armour gives best melee def LOL.
-Movement system too clunky.
-This pretty much results into people camping mage the entire fight untill they see an opportunity to stack with ags.

However nh bridding is pretty decent, especially with mage/range and a melee spec.
The following users liked this post: Iron Dot

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 12:39:44 pm »
Hybridding no.
-Every gear gives mage def so theres no point in bringing something like a karils top or w/e.
-Can't punish people with very accurate melee hits on robes cuz mage armour gives best melee def LOL.
-This pretty much results into people camping mage the entire fight untill they see an opportunity to stack with ags.

However nh bridding is pretty decent, especially with mage/range and a melee spec.
are u kidding me. u just listed things i would like to see updated in game. But what comes to nhing its not great either. Prayers are too weak for nhing. U get hit a 20-30s from mage even if u have mage pray on. With range u can get hit a 40+ even if u have prayer on. If prayers get a buff then nhing would definetly be decent. If u have mage, range gears with u and u spec with ags u need melee armour too to hit high with ags. This takes so much space from inv and when prayers are weak u lose ur food very fast.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 01:02:51 pm »
 The problem begins when you get frozen when you try to go for a stack after you come out of a 20 second freeze, but fuck that, you'll get refrozen 0.5 sec right after the previous one. As far as i've understood, if you stand 5 tiles off your target, he  can easily freeze you again before your godsword hits his face, so let's not even speak about 1 tick stacks...

I'll be honest, it's interesting that you mention this - The reason why there's so much whining about magic comes from the fucked up ''BALANCING'' that has been around for such a long time now. Magic potions give you massive maxhits, melee plate armors have magic defence stats almost as high as range armors. Good example of that, rune platelegs and rune platebody offer more magic defence than black d'hide chaps and body.

Everything would have been chill, if magic potions didn't buff your maxhits so that they're on roids (but still offers accuracy) and we would have negative stats. this would also make switches more viable, so we wouldn't see people wearing dragon boots along with a magic set so they would have to switch less, when bridding. I absolutely also disgoust the fact that melee and armours not only have positive magic defence stats, but they don't lower your magic offensive stats. (same with range armours, only for offensive stats though.)
This is most likely going to stay as it is, because it's too much of a rework for the combat triangle but it's a fine reason why people are whining about magic so much - it's not balanced right now with shitty accuracy, yet high maxhits and messed up freezes

when you're for example bridding in voids, it has quite low defence stats, you'll be getting hit by magic like no tomorrow and run out of food in no time, I've even tried using blood barrage (along with ice barrage, ofc) in brid fights, yet with the freeze immunity timers being so short, it's not worth to take the risk of letting your opponent stack on you. Fights will be over with 3-4 freezes, in most of the time, you'll barely get ANY chance to stack anyway, because of the chance to get refrozen is so high + when you (or your opponent) can just kite and run the second they see you move, they'll get tiles on you and most likely catch the freeze.

I do like the idea of hybridding, and i would like to see more people do it, though it's kind of pointless as it is atm. As lars stated, magic armours giving you the greatest melee defence bonuses is just absolutely pathetic when it comes to briding there is no penalties, no ''Imma get him on robes'' or no guaranteed freezes on plate armours. it's just a freezefest.
Now that you can freeze someone for up to 30 seconds and the freeze timers being really short, it's safe to say it's gonna be dead for a while, at least as long as freeze timers don't get buffed
I also think that high magic maxhits are a big problem. This is something that's ruining the current state of the combat triangle, main reason being armors
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:07:16 pm by Attacker35 »

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »
The problem begins when you get frozen when you try to go for a stack after you come out of a 20 second freeze, but fuck that, you'll get refrozen 0.5 sec right after the previous one. As far as i've understood, if you stand 5 tiles off your target, he  can easily freeze you again before your godsword hits his face, so let's not even speak about 1 tick stacks...

I'll be honest, it's interesting that you mention this - The reason why there's so much whining about magic comes from the fucked up ''BALANCING'' that has been around for such a long time now. Magic potions give you massive maxhits, melee plate armors have magic defence stats almost as high as range armors. Good example of that, rune platelegs and rune platebody offer more magic defence than black d'hide chaps and body.

Everything would have been chill, if magic potions didn't buff your maxhits so that they're on roids (but still offers accuracy) and we would have negative stats. this would also make switches more viable, so we wouldn't see people wearing dragon boots along with a magic set so they would have to switch less, when bridding. I absolutely also disgoust the fact that melee and armours not only have positive magic defence stats, but they don't lower your magic offensive stats. (same with range armours, only for offensive stats though.)
This is most likely going to stay as it is, because it's too much of a rework for the combat triangle but it's a fine reason why people are whining about magic so much - it's not balanced right now with shitty accuracy, yet high maxhits and messed up freezes

when you're for example bridding in voids, it has quite low defence stats, you'll be getting hit by magic like no tomorrow and run out of food in no time, I've even tried using blood barrage (along with ice barrage, ofc) in brid fights, yet with the freeze immunity timers being so short, it's not worth to take the risk of letting your opponent stack on you. Fights will be over with 3-4 freezes, in most of the time, you'll barely get ANY chance to stack anyway, because of the chance to get refrozen is so high + when you (or your opponent) can just kite and run the second they see you move, they'll get tiles on you and most likely catch the freeze.

I do like the idea of hybridding, and i would like to see more people do it, though it's kind of pointless as it is atm. As lars stated, magic armours giving you the greatest melee defence bonuses is just absolutely pathetic when it comes to briding there is no penalties, no ''Imma get him on robes'' or no guaranteed freezes on plate armours. it's just a freezefest.
Now that you can freeze someone for up to 30 seconds and the freeze timers being really short, it's safe to say it's gonna be dead for a while, at least as long as freeze timers don't get buffed
I also think that high magic maxhits are a big problem. This is something that's ruining the current state of the combat triangle, main reason being armors
U should not be able to hit anything if ur wearing melee armour or ranged armour with magic, robes should have alot lower def bonus(close to 0 on range and melee), melee armours and range armours should have negative magic def bonus, magic should get big nerf and so yea i agree with what u said.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 03:14:20 pm »
Hybridding no.

are u kidding me. u just listed things i would like to see updated in game. But what comes to nhing its not great either. Prayers are too weak for nhing. U get hit a 20-30s from mage even if u have mage pray on. With range u can get hit a 40+ even if u have prayer on. If prayers get a buff then nhing would definetly be decent. If u have mage, range gears with u and u spec with ags u need melee armour too to hit high with ags. This takes so much space from inv and when prayers are weak u lose ur food very fast.
Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't like to see these things changed, just listed the reasons why hybriding is pretty much pointless in this game. Nhing is still effective. You will outdmage your opponent as long as your prayer switches etc are better.
The following users liked this post: Iron Dot

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 04:35:10 pm »
Hybridding no.

Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't like to see these things changed, just listed the reasons why hybriding is pretty much pointless in this game. Nhing is still effective. You will outdmage your opponent as long as your prayer switches etc are better.
True but like i said even if u get prayer switches right u will get hit alot and on my opinion too much. You should hit 1-15 and rarely over that on prayer. obv its different with max set. What im saying is that prayers are too weak.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 06:16:59 pm »
Hybridding no.

True but like i said even if u get prayer switches right u will get hit alot and on my opinion too much. You should hit 1-15 and rarely over that on prayer. obv its different with max set. What im saying is that prayers are too weak.
That doesn't really matter since you will hit your opponent for just as much damage. It's just a way to prevent getting ko'd.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »
You wouldn't like to see things change? this is a mess that's going on in the combat triangle
I can't even believe we've become used to this awful system, the pvp has become mostly luck based and so mercyful, there's no penalties, no nothing to punish you for getting melee'd on robes or accidentally barraging in hides or some shit like that.
Honestly if nothing would change, it would just become more and more luck based, if not more forgiving if you'd mess with your switches/what not
Quote from: Thomy
I still and always will care a lot about Emps. I check the site and forum daily, just don't always respond to everything I read. At the moment, I'm working on minor tweaks and are looking for a large update to be chosen. Also, I'm thinking of the overall combat / item balance in the game, which definitely is no easy task.

Yes pls

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:28:44 pm by Magecrune »
Pages: 1 2