The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

How would you define the economy of Emps-World at the beginning of 2016?

Horrible - Definitely needs improvement.
Poor - Could use improvement.
Neutral - No opinion.
Good - Economy feels healthy.
Excellent - I love the economy in its current state.
Other - Post
Pages: 1

Offline Lilith

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Economy small poll.
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:45:09 am »
Just wondering what everyone thought of the economy at its current state so I made a small poll. The options are rather simple, if you dont have an opinion or want to be difficult just choose option 3. I do not know how to resolve issues with the economy but just want to know necessary thoughts on the economy at the start of 2016.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Economy small poll.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:36 am »
It's quite hard to say something about how good or bad the economy is. I like the prices and demand of some things while I dislike some of other things. It does need improvement, but it always does, we lack sinks for example.

I think it's still a bit too early to judge what impact the GE has had, it's been out for less than a month and a lot of people still need to get used to it.
;

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:22:04 am »
there are too many items which you can just casually buy with 2m, and they have such big use for it, such as dragonfire shields, while in runescape they're worth a fortune, here you can work your ass off for 10 mins and get one, doesn't seem fair. perfect way to salve this is get more item sinks i guess, i've debated with charr once about dragonstone armor being implemented which would require dragon visages to upgrade to higher tiers, but came to the conclusion it was too soon for this server.
other huge downside of the economy is that whenever a new boss or item gets introduced into the game, it gets milked so hard that it crashes instantly, a perfect example would be staff of lights, all the saradomin boss rooms were packed once it got released. sadly, there's not much to do about this flaw.
despite these two flaws above ^, it's pretty decent.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:24:54 am by Zudikas95187 »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:25:25 am »
The economy is fine, but the mindset of the players is fucked up. Most people think that you need to have some huge 2B bank to enjoy the game and to able to play properly. That's wrong. In MMOs, you spend most of your time min-maxing your shit, grinding your ass off for the most shiniest weapons and armor and in the end you get rewarded for it. In Emps, everybody just wants to rush for the big cash stacks by staking and they skip the whole gameplay portion of Emps completely. If you play the game as you're 'supposed' to, you'll have no problems with the economy.

such as dragonfire shields, while in runescape they're worth a fortune

Will you ever stop embarrassing yourself?

They aren't worth a ''fortune'', there are much more expensive items than DFS lol. And besides, DFS is just a 'tool'. It is in no way required for anything and Dragon Defender and Arcane Spiritshield are way better when fighting anything else than dragons.

It's quite hard to say something about how good or bad the economy is. I like the prices and demand of some things while I dislike some of other things. It does need improvement, but it always does, we lack sinks for example.

I think it's still a bit too early to judge what impact the GE has had, it's been out for less than a month and a lot of people still need to get used to it.

Play RS3, they just added the new Invention skill and it's the biggest item sink ever introduced to the whole damn mankind. It could potentially give you some ideas how to introduce item sinks here as well.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 02:58:59 pm »
The economy is fine, but the mindset of the players is fucked up. Most people think that you need to have some huge 2B bank to enjoy the game and to able to play properly. That's wrong. In MMOs, you spend most of your time min-maxing your shit, grinding your ass off for the most shiniest weapons and armor and in the end you get rewarded for it. In Emps, everybody just wants to rush for the big cash stacks by staking and they skip the whole gameplay portion of Emps completely. If you play the game as you're 'supposed' to, you'll have no problems with the economy.

such as dragonfire shields, while in runescape they're worth a fortune

Will you ever stop embarrassing yourself?

They aren't worth a ''fortune'', there are much more expensive items than DFS lol. And besides, DFS is just a 'tool'. It is in no way required for anything and Dragon Defender and Arcane Spiritshield are way better when fighting anything else than dragons.
no one said they're worth something in rs3, but if you haven't noticed, getting 19m in osrs isn't the same as getting your cheap ass slayer gear in emps world, and it's used all the time
before insulting someone else think of how retarded your feedback of a reply sounds itself, because i don't know what have you proven by posting a pic of a runescape pricelist in which says that dfs is worth 19m, because it's a lot.
good luck killing dragons with an arcane spirit shield.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:05:51 pm »
good luck killing dragons with an arcane spirit shield.

Antifire potions and/or safespots. Please go educate yourself.
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 04:39:19 pm »
I think right now the economy stands on good terms.
Some items prices are inflated but that was because of the GE being released. For example, bow strings and flax went up a ton when the GE was released.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »
Some items prices are inflated but that was because of the GE being released. For example, bow strings and flax went up a ton when the GE was released.
They just went to max price, they didn't really increase imo.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »
They just went to max price, they didn't really increase imo.
They don't for what they use to be which was 1-2kea for flax and 2-3kea for bow strings. Bow strings are now 4-6kea and flax are 2-4kea.
Pages: 1