The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Xdogzz

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am 16 years old. I love Emps-World and Sleeping!
    • View Profile
Easy explanation: Why people quit Emps
« on: November 30, 2014, 06:24:36 pm »
Its very easy to explain here´s the list why:
1)Stake bank because why not,then quit because they lose and are too lazy to start all over.
2)OPENGL makes it unplayable, some people like my friend play with a potato, and he cant even run the game without lag.
3)Price swings around like it is a monkey. Why should I buy something if it might be a lot cheaper next day? I will wait! Why should  I sell something if it might be a lot more expensive on the next day? Price shouldnt swing around that much.
4)People farming everything in GWD. Zammy boss is farmed because of the battle robes, and that drops the price of everything he drops, example: zgs was 25m, now is 15m or less. Same with Kree-Arra and Bandos.
5)If my friends quit I´ll quit too, whats the point of playing without competition?
6)RS 2007 generation is getting older (people who used to play Runescape, and think its bad now, so they play Emps instead)From this we can conclude that there won´t be any new players coming in, because the RS Era is over. Also, a lot of people are going through big changes in their lives and can´t fit playing Emps into their life.

Note: This is from my personal experience, and this list does not mean Im quiting, Im just playing less than I used to. And don´t cry about this post in the comments. Thanks for reading.
Me looking for rare drops...

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Easy explanation: Why people quit Emps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:28:06 pm »
And the point of this topic is? Everyone has their own reason to quit.

Offline Ii 0bby Yeah

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Sheku uzumaki the 8th hokage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:03:03 pm »
Its very easy to explain here´s the list why:
1)Stake bank because why not,then quit because they lose and are too lazy to start all over.
2)OPENGL makes it unplayable, some people like my friend play with a potato, and he cant even run the game without lag.
3)Price swings around like it is a monkey. Why should I buy something if it might be a lot cheaper next day? I will wait! Why should  I sell something if it might be a lot more expensive on the next day? Price shouldnt swing around that much.
4)People farming everything in GWD. Zammy boss is farmed because of the battle robes, and that drops the price of everything he drops, example: zgs was 25m, now is 15m or less. Same with Kree-Arra and Bandos.
5)If my friends quit I´ll quit too, whats the point of playing without competition?
6)RS 2007 generation is getting older (people who used to play Runescape, and think its bad now, so they play Emps instead)From this we can conclude that there won´t be any new players coming in, because the RS Era is over. Also, a lot of people are going through big changes in their lives and can´t fit playing Emps into their life.

Note: This is from my personal experience, and this list does not mean Im quiting, Im just playing less than I used to. And don´t cry about this post in the comments. Thanks for reading.
THIS IS FUCKING TRUE STORY ALL
The Netherlands

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »
1) So many stakers who lose their bank come back after a few days.
2) If he wants to game properly he might consider getting a good computer
3) It's the economy every item has his own ups/downs there is always a risk.
4) It's simply because it's the best method of moneymaking w/ PvM and a lot of stuff is getting cheaper at the moment so it doesn't really matter.
5) If you see your friends as competition you're doing something wrong.
6) Age doesn't matter, I played this game 5 years ago and enjoyed it and I play it now and I still enjoy it.

I think the main reason Emps-World is losing players because there is no refreshing content like new bosses/new items/new quests.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:16:13 pm by Freestuffyay »

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Martin

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 10:30:49 pm »
Mhm. Okay.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:30:59 pm »
4) It's simply because it's the best method of moneymaking w/ PvM and a lot of stuff is getting cheaper at the moment so it doesn't really matter.
6) Age doesn't matter, I played this game 5 years ago and enjoyed it and I play it now and I still enjoy it.

I think the main reason Emps-World is losing players because there is no refreshing content like new bosses/new items/new quests.
^
In addition to Arjen's comment I'm going to point some extra's out;
1) Simple, don't stake. I've had experience with this case and it isn't some kind of 'addiction'. If you stay away from Duel Arena it shouldn't be a problem.
3) The prices vary due to supply & demand.
e.g. If there is a lot of z spears ingame and everyone is selling one the price will drop, but if there's a lack of z spears the price will raise.
4) PvM is the way to make money which suits for me. If GWD needs to stop getting 'farmed' I strongly suggest adding new bosses to the game, a lot of bosses are getting pretty boring after time passes. We need a new boss which is a challenge for all of us. Don't go easy on us (though make it worthwhile killing).
5) I've found a great way of competition, it's called the highscores. Set up a goal for yourself and work your way to it. Works for me.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Mary

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »
These are all mostly true for some players who quit, although it is entirely of their own actions/circumstances and not because Emps is a bad server ;)

None of it can be changed, players' mentality will have to change to solve this.

Offline Straw Hat

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Fight Fire with Fire.....I mean with DFS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:01 pm »
Agree with Mary on this. Due to players own actions.. stake bank get cleaned quite..

BUT heres one point

Maybe people are staking soo much because no one wants to buy their items.. now thats how I feel sometimes.

I sit there trying to sell rare whips or pretty good items.. and no one wants to buy. everyone is just selling stuff

Offline Slayerxv

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 01:54:26 am »
Why does everyone complain about OpenGL..
You can choose whether to play GL or Classic when you first click on Emps-World.
My old signature from 2009...

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 02:35:17 am »
These are all mostly true for some players who quit, although it is entirely of their own actions/circumstances and not because Emps is a bad server ;)

None of it can be changed, players' mentality will have to change to solve this.

I'd just like to second these views.

Why does everyone complain about OpenGL..
You can choose whether to play GL or Classic when you first click on Emps-World.
This too!

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 03:00:13 am »
But then there's cava so your arguments are invalid because anyone who has that item is immune to your other shit.

Your reasons could use some... less opinion?

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 07:26:08 am »

Maybe people are staking soo much because no one wants to buy their items.. now thats how I feel sometimes.

^^ I agree with this, In my opinion that's actually one of the most important reasons as to why people are starting to stake now. I know personally for me when I go an pvm and lets say I get 2 ZGS, and then I spend an hour in falador trying to sell them and they simply wont sell. I end up just going and staking them because the reality is I have a chance to double my items and even if I loose, not like i was going to sell them for a half decent price anyway.

People aren't quitting because of the client etc, that's just BS... People are quitting because not enough content refresh, personal reasons, and because the economy is in such a state atm that it's causing a lot of player's ambitions to get flustered by the mere fact that they cant achieve a lot of wealth without staking.
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 08:47:24 am »

Players shouldn't have to buy a new computer due to an update, which is clearly one of the reasons we are losing players. I personally recently bought a new PC, because after the OpenGL update I still couldn't run Emps-World, not even in classic mode. Many players don't have enough money to just go out and get a "good computer", otherwise this game becomes quite an expensive game to some, so they're just forced to quit.

Although I do get bored of this game at times, as I feel there's not much to do anymore. I constantly find myself doing the exact same things, over and over. I doubt I'm alone when I say that I feel as if there's a limited amount of things to do in this game, and it's no where near as fun as it used to be.
Ex-Mod

#quit

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 09:53:10 am »

Players shouldn't have to buy a new computer due to an update, which is clearly one of the reasons we are losing players. I personally recently bought a new PC, because after the OpenGL update I still couldn't run Emps-World, not even in classic mode. Many players don't have enough money to just go out and get a "good computer", otherwise this game becomes quite an expensive game to some, so they're just forced to quit.

Although I do get bored of this game at times, as I feel there's not much to do anymore. I constantly find myself doing the exact same things, over and over. I doubt I'm alone when I say that I feel as if there's a limited amount of things to do in this game, and it's no where near as fun as it used to be.
If your computer can't handle a low graphics game such as emps, you really need to upgrade your PC.
Earlier this year I spend around 1000 euros in PC parts and build my own PC. You won't need a 1000 euro PC to run emps, but I can run a lot of games on max setting, which makes me more comfortable ingame without receiving any lagg
And c'mon, it's almost 2015.. people need to upgrade their technology.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:19:17 am by Range 4 Meee »

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:08 am »

If your computer can't handle a low graphics game such as emps, you really need to upgrade your PC.
Earlier this year I spend around 1000 euros in PC parts and build my own PC. You won't need an 1000 euro PC to run emps, but I can run a lot of game on max setting, which makes me more comfortable ingame without receiving any lagg
And c'mon, it's almost 2015.. people need to upgrade their technology.

Yes that's also true, but a lot of people can't afford to spend money on a new PC. I spent about $1000 Australian Dollars in PC parts, which isn't that much compared to 1000 euro. An Emps-World capable computer could be as little as $300-400. Although that isn't very much, it could be a lot to other players. I'm just expanding on a reason why many may be quitting this game in my opinion.
Ex-Mod

#quit
Pages: 1 2