The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: crossbow or normal bow
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 09:36:33 pm »
Zamorak or Saradomin bow is best for both Training and Boss killing. They're fast and powerful, you can also bring a Seercull with Poisoned dragon arrows and use the bow's special attack to lower the monsters' 10% attack, strength and defence + poison.

If you're looking for soloing a boss, Hunters' crossbow with diamond bolts and with a shield (dragonfire/divine spirit shield) is useful as you won't eat as much often when using a bow, because a bow is 2 handed and doesn't let you wear a shield.

Hunter crossbow will actually kill both, Kree'arra and Smoke Demon Champion, faster than the god bows.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:16 pm »
Zamorak or Saradomin bow is best for both Training and Boss killing. They're fast and powerful, you can also bring a Seercull with Poisoned dragon arrows and use the bow's special attack to lower the monsters' 10% attack, strength and defence + poison.

If you're looking for soloing a boss, Hunters' crossbow with diamond bolts and with a shield (dragonfire/divine spirit shield) is useful as you won't eat as much often when using a bow, because a bow is 2 handed and doesn't let you wear a shield.
You can only use Kebbit bolts with a Hunters' Crossbow now.

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 12:59:23 am »

You can only use Kebbit bolts with a Hunters' Crossbow now.

Read the news, you can use any bolts with the Hunters' Crossbow but using Kebbit bolts will buff the damage.
The following users liked this post: Icecloud

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 05:33:14 am »
What so great about diamond bolts?
I've heard a lot about them being op and all that, but I've never seen anything too powerful about them...

Spec ignores defence.
I was told they lower defence now instead of ignoring it, which makes them as useless as statius warhammer...And now dragon bolts are crap...the only useful bolts are onyx, emerald, and (kebbit?).

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »
I've heard a lot about them being op and all that, but I've never seen anything too powerful about them...

Spec ignores defence.
I was told they lower defence now instead of ignoring it, which makes them as useless as statius warhammer...And now dragon bolts are crap...the only useful bolts are onyx, emerald, and (kebbit?).

Thoughts on Barbed?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 12:57:11 pm »

Spec ignores defence.

Oh yeah, the diamond bolts have 2 specs, of which one ignores def and the other decreases it.

Spec ignores defence.

Thoughts on Barbed?

Useless: they have no special effects and some of the regular metal bolts are much better.

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 11:47:47 pm »

Spec ignores defence.

lowering defense isn't worthless. it makes it easier to hit your target
Style

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 02:17:52 am »
They are as useless because the defence can only be lowered by 15%, which hardly makes any difference in comparison to the normal 40%.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
Pages: 1 2