The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Emilsen102

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Beggers in emps world
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:45:39 pm »
Okay. i have played empsscape and emps world. i started many years ago and there's something i keep seeing everywhere. i see beggers all over the damned world, following the high level, high geared players who play almost daily. they use the Follow command to chase these players around while using an autotyper (or the EXTREMELY broken english (usually both at the same time)) to spam the whole area with "PLIZZZ FREE IETMS I VERI PUUR". usually because of two reasons. either they died in the wilderness because they have no idea how it actually works, or they just don't want to play the game and farm up the items, so they instead want other people to get the items for them. i have never from the day i started seen as many beggers as i have recently, and i really believe it's starting to become a problem that the staff and community should do something about. im a bit unsure what emps staffs definition of spam is, but me, and many other players think that it is really annoying and a wellplaced temp mute would be a good way to stop the beggers who abuse the follow+autotyper trick. i would like to know the forums opinion on this matter
i aint playing it unless it looks like the offspring of the sims and minecraft

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Beggers in emps world
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »
Which is why we have something called the ignore list.

Beggers have been around since scape, that's not something that's gonna change. I honestly think we shouldn't put more work into it than needed, just put beggars on your ignore list and you won't hear them. If someone wants to beg, he is free to do so. If he spams with an autotalker it is a mutable offense. If it's done outside of spamfests like the GE and duel arena, at least.

I still don't think it's a major issue though.
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 07:05:46 pm »
Well.. Its not a bad idea
But yh i am not sure about this..

I do not agree-i do not disagree

Central on this  ::)

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »
We have better things to do than mute everyone who begs.

As previously stated, use your ignore list, locked.
Pages: 1