The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
about the "promotions" topic
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:49:55 am »
Read the topic earl had posted, alot of flames about it, topic was locked so I thought I'll say my statement here.

We are counting on 2-3 people to choose our staff, staff are the representors of our community, people have rights to yell on those they haven't chosen. It could be solved with a little democracy. If you allow regular players to say theire opinions and listen to theire voice then it can't make them flame so hard about who are in the staff. Listen, think.. the regular everyday player is the one keeping the server running. They want to have a word about it aswell.

"Democracy is bad, but it's the best we have" - Winston Churchill
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

The following users liked this post: 3st Ranger X

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
Re: about the "promotions" topic
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:13:04 pm »
Lol this would never work, opinions are too different and people only nominate their friends, forget this xD

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: M3an123, Range Rogues

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:38:44 pm »
Obviusly they'll start nominating theire friends... the point is, you pick out the canditates for people to choose from. Not that everyone starts yelling names. Just needs a little poll. Not an unreasonable thing in my opinion. If the majority likes one guy then it means most of people like him, EXACTLY as democracy is these days.

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:44:19 pm »
Obviusly they'll start nominating theire friends... the point is, you pick out the canditates for people to choose from. Not that everyone starts yelling names. Just needs a little poll. Not an unreasonable thing in my opinion. If the majority likes one guy then it means most of people like him, EXACTLY as democracy is these days.

Democracy might be usefull in a big community.
But thinking we are a small one (currently) it's not gonna work. Nearly anyone who does anything outstanding will get noticed.
We don't need democracy, we just have to trust our leaders to do what's best for the community. I dont know the average age in this game.
But it seems like to me, back when i was younger and played and still now. That way to many people are obsessed with being an mod or admin. It's "the dream".
Just play the game you love, contribute and make it better. A status wont define you, you will define you.

And no, we don't have to agree to everything. But then again it's their final decision. Go play the game you love and i am sure
everything will come to you naturally :)
The following users liked this post: Huseyinkalin

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 08:50:36 pm »
If you allow regular players to say theire opinions

Nty.

Reason why people moan is that they're bunch of dickbags or they simply do not know the person who got promoted. In most cases the ''unknown'' players have been better staff members than the well known ones.
The following users liked this post: Esam121, M3an123

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »
I get that players want to have an input. I wanted that too when I wasn't a staff member. The nominating friends thing is quite a true problem, people will just be nominated because they have a load of friends or pay people money. However Martin did have a good idea a while ago, though it was scrapped for various reasons.

Player representatives, I think this idea should be picked up again.
;

Offline Verteidiger

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:18:46 pm »
Emps-world is like North Korea. There is only one ruler and he decides who can be with hes side. There is no democracy.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »
Emps-world is like North Korea. There is only one ruler and he decides who can be with hes side. There is no democracy.

There was the player representatives thing and barely anyone gave a fuck about it. Make up your goddamn minds.

It shouldn't even matter who Martin chooses as moderators: play fair and don't be an idiots and you never have to deal with them.
The following users liked this post: M3an123, Kaner

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 11:20:26 pm »
Just say out what you want to say. It's not like you're gonna get banned. Unless you're Drugs, then you're def. getting banned :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 06:55:49 am »
Here we go again...

1) If you do not like the way the system works, please provide alternative solutions to the 'problem', which in the opinion of many players isn't even there, instead of simply saying the you dislike the way something is.
2) Martin does an excellent job in picking/promoting various staff members. If you have a problem with a staff member please report them (including myself) to a higher rank and they will have a discussion and do our best to resolve the issue.
3) The staff team are constantly looking out into the community for potential staff members, not just Martin, and so far we have not found any suitable candidates suitable for promotion at this time.
4) Promotions, I feel, go to the most deserving players that want to see our server grow bigger and better. Not the players that want the title to boost their egos, impress their friends or feel important. Instead try to be kind, friendly, loyal to the server, and roll with the punches if something happens you don't agree with. Play the game for your enjoyment, not to gain the title of moderator.
5) Players will promoted when and if they are right right person for the job not because of wealth status, Combat level/total level or popularity among players, the ability to create guides, make videos, total game experience etc. (Although some of these factors may influence the decision of promotions).
6) Play the game for your own enjoyment. If you are unhappy with the way the server is going, you are more than welcome to post suggestions and feedback you have in the appropriate sections of the forum. If you still feel as though you are getting tired of the game, the direction the server is headed or any other reason, you are more than welcome to leave on your own terms. (Remember to leave a topic in the Farewell section so we may all have a chance to say good bye).

Once again, Rant over.

-Big Chris
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 08:46:09 am »
Here we go again...

1) If you do not like the way the system works, please provide alternative solutions to the 'problem', which in the opinion of many players isn't even there, instead of simply saying the you dislike the way something is.
2) Martin does an excellent job in picking/promoting various staff members. If you have a problem with a staff member please report them (including myself) to a higher rank and they will have a discussion and do our best to resolve the issue.
3) The staff team are constantly looking out into the community for potential staff members, not just Martin, and so far we have not found any suitable candidates suitable for promotion at this time.
4) Promotions, I feel, go to the most deserving players that want to see our server grow bigger and better. Not the players that want the title to boost their egos, impress their friends or feel important. Instead try to be kind, friendly, loyal to the server, and roll with the punches if something happens you don't agree with. Play the game for your enjoyment, not to gain the title of moderator.
5) Players will promoted when and if they are right right person for the job not because of wealth status, Combat level/total level or popularity among players, the ability to create guides, make videos, total game experience etc. (Although some of these factors may influence the decision of promotions).
6) Play the game for your own enjoyment. If you are unhappy with the way the server is going, you are more than welcome to post suggestions and feedback you have in the appropriate sections of the forum. If you still feel as though you are getting tired of the game, the direction the server is headed or any other reason, you are more than welcome to leave on your own terms. (Remember to leave a topic in the Farewell section so we may all have a chance to say good bye).

Once again, Rant over.

-Big Chris
I don't have any issues with current staff members, I am just looking for a way to make staff closer to everyday player who someday, would like to join the staff team, as everyone does. I am not here to say that "all the staff sucks and they guys who choose people in staff suck even harder". Not at all. Maybe players aged 12-15 won't understand and really don't care about the staff you choose, but let the ones who really care who is up there pop in an opinion. Not looking for trouble, looking for reasonable comments and explenations.

The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 09:38:26 am »
What you have to understand is that this is only a GAME. There is no democracy, or any political stuff going on here. You, as a normal player, are to play the game, and only that. You have no say in what goes beyond your gameplay. If by chance asked by Martin if you accept further responsibilities, then that's on you to accept and behave by higher expectations.

Staff members cover all the nasty part of the game, so you, as a normal player, can keep on doing what you are supposed to do, which is play the god damn game, and nothing else. I do not think that the game is full of rulebreakers running around free so you have no reason to complain.

What you are essentially doing right now, is moaning over something that does not concern you, hoping to get those staff members, that you complain about, in trouble, which is not going to happen. It is only happening when Martin deems necessary that one should be demoted.

Lastly, demoting a staff member is never easy. He, at some point, had some great activity in the game, and perhaps may go now through a tougher period in life, or simply lack of time. That does not mean that he right away should be removed, like a garbage; they are human beings, who are doing their best in the free time each has, and unless they break major rules, they are not supposed to be removed just like that.

tl;dr Mind your own business.

The following users liked this post: Icedrags, M3an123, Kaner, Big Chris, Simonyoda3, Charr, Martin

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:29 am »
What you have to understand is that this is only a GAME. There is no democracy, or any political stuff going on here. You, as a normal player, are to play the game, and only that. You have no say in what goes beyond your gameplay. If by chance asked by Martin if you accept further responsibilities, then that's on you to accept and behave by higher expectations.

Staff members cover all the nasty part of the game, so you, as a normal player, can keep on doing what you are supposed to do, which is play the god damn game, and nothing else. I do not think that the game is full of rulebreakers running around free so you have no reason to complain.

What you are essentially doing right now, is moaning over something that does not concern you, hoping to get those staff members, that you complain about, in trouble, which is not going to happen. It is only happening when Martin deems necessary that one should be demoted.

Lastly, demoting a staff member is never easy. He, at some point, had some great activity in the game, and perhaps may go now through a tougher period in life, or simply lack of time. That does not mean that he right away should be removed, like a garbage; they are human beings, who are doing their best in the free time each has, and unless they break major rules, they are not supposed to be removed just like that.

tl;dr Mind your own business.
Have I ever flamed about a staff member ?... Don't remember so. I am not here to moan about our staff. This post doesn't concerne any of the staff members. If you find the spot where I moan about them, quote it and I will Agree with you. Best of luck George.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 04:12:57 pm »
From my perspective allowing regular players to nominate players for staff would be a rather good thing but
their votes wouldn't be as 'huge' as staffs moderator nomination thread inside the staff section.
Staff members nominate players for staff and I'm sure before nominating they keep an eye on the player closely.
Staff managers also have their own section where they talk about those nominations (atleast back in my day l0l).

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 05:19:26 pm »
You're saying people won't flame about it? What about the players who nominated somebody and he didn't get it?
I don't think it'll work.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015
Pages: 1 2