The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: About Frost dragons
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »
In my opinion #4 would be the best solution, potentially a rare drop could be added to make killing them more intresting, however if a rare drop is added I think the experience of the Frost dragon bones should be nerfed.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 03:56:14 pm »
I really disagree about increasing prayer xp for them, when it comes to double exp, it will seem much easier for players to get 99 prayer, other bone prices  like dragons will be affected. Maybe the staff can discuss with thomy to work out a balance drop and changes to this monster?
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd

Mod Mary

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 05:00:32 pm »
For now I'm thinking about removing the magic attack, not changing the drops (frost dragons do not have a rare drop just like normal dragons, they are meant to be consistent money-making and the current drops are fine with that purpose) and completely relocating 5 of them to neitiznot (non-member bridges, there are currently 3 only for members there) and a resource dungeon of about 3-4 dragons for 80+ slayer in the ice cave (for those that need to complete a slayer task on them to avoid the crowd)

Rest won't be changed (defence/hp/bones xp)

How about adding the unique Dragon hasta drop ONLY to Frost dragons and boosting it's stats slightly? (Just an idea no hates) ;3

Hasta sp/or kits pls
Wat?!

Adding a couple of spikes/a gold trim wouldn't be that hard.
It's not that it isn't hard, it's just that i'm wondering if it's useful in any way.. But of course if there's interest in having such an item then feel free to suggest it and it might be implemented.
The following users liked this post: 66destroyer3, Simonyoda3

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:21 pm »
For now I'm thinking about removing the magic attack, not changing the drops (frost dragons do not have a rare drop just like normal dragons, they are meant to be consistent money-making and the current drops are fine with that purpose) and completely relocating 5 of them to neitiznot (non-member bridges, there are currently 3 only for members there) and a resource dungeon of about 3-4 dragons for 80+ slayer in the ice cave (for those that need to complete a slayer task on them to avoid the crowd)

What's up with Emps having such a low number of monster everywhere? I'm not even kidding, 2 players anywhere at the same time is too many. Look at blue dragons for example, there are usually 2-3 players per 1 dragon.
The following users liked this post: Icecloud

Mod Mary

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 05:30:07 pm »

What's up with Emps having such a low number of monster everywhere? I'm not even kidding, 2 players anywhere at the same time is too many. Look at blue dragons for example, there are usually 2-3 players per 1 dragon.
Because it's the only way to regulate the ratio between high players - low level players. In rs there are way more noobs compared to high players, so it doesn't really matter how many monsters there are.
So by decreasing the available monsters you can regulate how a trip would be profitable (because itll take more time gathering than if there were plenty of monsters available). So the prices won't crash.
It's hard to balance a game that has far more higher players than noobs compared to RS.

It also happens because those players don't know any other spot to fight cause they're too lazy to change their old ways. Fire giants can be quite profitable for example, or dagannoths (there plenty of those)

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 05:38:47 pm »

Because it's the only way to regulate the ratio between high players - low level players. In rs there are way more noobs compared to high players, so it doesn't really matter how many monsters there are.
So by decreasing the available monsters you can regulate how a trip would be profitable (because itll take more time gathering than if there were plenty of monsters available). So the prices won't crash.
It's hard to balance a game that has far more higher players than noobs compared to RS.

It also happens because those players don't know any other spot to fight cause they're too lazy to change their old ways. Fire giants can be quite profitable for example, or dagannoths (there plenty of those)

It also has a negative impact on combat XP rates and makes shit unenjoyable because you AFK more than actually play the game.

Mod Mary

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »

It also has a negative impact on combat XP rates and makes shit unenjoyable because you AFK more than actually play the game.
Care to explain how? Idk how it influences xp rates and having contestants for your monsters means you can't actually afk but grab every next monster you can get. An overload of monsters would be afkable, especially if theyre not that strong and in solo area.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »

Care to explain how? Idk how it influences xp rates and having contestants for your monsters means you can't actually afk but grab every next monster you can get. An overload of monsters would be afkable, especially if theyre not that strong and in solo area.

Small number of enemies in a huge area makes you spend more time walking and waiting than actually fighting.

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »

Their defense is the problem, it takes way too long to kill one. I have a task right now and it has taken me 20 minutes to do one inventory that I got 10 bones from.
Style

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:22 pm »
I would suggest a relocation, a hitpoints buff (Not defence) And a chance to hit through magic prayer against rangers naturally, a lower maxhit, since you can safespot them easily with magic protect and ranged.

As for relocation areas, I would place a few of them at the end of the slayer cave (There is a big empty snowy room if you check the runescape map) and the rest on the Ice Plateau (Which should be accessible .-.)

Add more revenants to the caves in place, or green dragons, as in runescape. Because if you think about it, green dragons are in a great spot there. I know people hate copying runescape, but honestly, they have great ideas about monster locations.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 06:42:12 pm »

It could possibly be people are after the bones, and the herbs are not much different compared to dagganoths.

Offline B3astmode

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 06:52:16 am »
Relocate them, the price will still have to be at least 30k ea, obviously because they give twice as much xp as d bones, so it wouldnt really crash the price, I think they should be moved to ice cave because no one is really ever in there, only for slayer task (ice spiders, wyvern).

Offline 66destroyer3

• Liked: 219 times
  • +0/-0
  • Your Favourite Black Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2015, 07:27:44 am »
Fully re-locate, nerf defence a bit ( not too much ) and also boost the xp to 1.6k

if this all would happen ( not precisly said here ) i would love to go back into the bone-looting life ^-^

18/4/2015 26/5/2015 21/7/2015
29/11/2015
20/12/2015 :'(

Fun Stuff:
66destroyer3 [27|Jan 07:38 pm]:     The unseen staff bans the deadliest :kappa:
Mod Mary [09|Feb 11:19 pm]:   why did i google bdsm
Simonyoda3 [22|Feb 04:26 pm]:   it's not past 2 am, it's not sexbox yet, still shoutbox

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2015, 07:31:01 am »
My opinion would be increasing the bones XP. I don't think relocating them would be any different, considering the ones on Neitiznot Island are dead as it is.
Increasing the bones XP would be worth the risk; plus, the profit gained.

Offline Purple Phat

• Liked: 41 times
  • +0/-0
  • Potato Zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2015, 07:47:30 am »
So instead of reviving actual PK'ing (PK'er vs PK'er) you want PK'ers to attack innocent PvM'ers? Wilderness is just being killed even further.

^ My quote from another thread. Stop adding monsters to Wilderness ffs
That was my opinion too.

The only result of adding more pvm to wildy was more high level main magers roaming the areas

So I go for option 4
Mary, if you guys dont want dead content then dont make wildy dead, add more monsters into wild, its players own risk if they go there and on main grounds
Example add mithril dragons to wild so ppl who are not member can go there and its theyre own risk if they get killed, We (me, Pulokas2, Pavilion, Knights, Crusher123, Shadoweye) dont like it when wild is dead, we loved to be in old emps wild bcause there was kolodion and alot of ppl were killing it, my suggsestion is to add bosses to wild : http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Wilderness
During the God Wars, Forinthry was under constant attacks of Zamorak and Saradomin's armies and soon started to crumble, the fortresses were dominated and many of Zaros' remaining followers sided with Zamorak to not be his victims, and soon, the remaining settlements of Forinthry were destroyed with the exception of Ghorrock, which was dominated by Zamorak, until it became so cold that it became impossible to control it.
Wilderness is a battle ground of Gods, so it would make sence if it was full of monsters / bosses, only thing ppl go to wild is Revs, spectrals, green drags, wildywyrm, ice strkykwyrm, agility course (no riskers), Chaos elemental, but we need more mosnters there, example some parts of wilderness are completely empty
*All white spots are where players dont go and where is no monsters worth killing, *all red spots are where u might bearly find ppl OR theres something to kill

and if you look at middle and right side of the map u see its almsot completely deserted all activity takes place in top of wild or left side..

What im thinking of is to make wild more active, example add some kind of boss into wilderness volcano that has ton of minions to help him which would requir atleast 3-5 ppl to kill
*and the clan wars place u should make it active, add clan wars into the game both Safe and Non safe modes
*to the ruins and graveyard you should add some kind of boss like Giant mole?
*to the red dragon island you should add some kind of strong dragons example mithril dragons which have abit higher drop rate of z spear and includes dragon *hasta, to the volcano right-top side of the map you should add some kind of zamorak boss that is stronger then chrozon or whatever the boss is called ontop of the slayer tower
*to the lava maze you should add revenants or what you think would be nice
*and near the lava maze where is still a bit snow add some saradomin boss
*i reccomended saradomin boss and zamorak bosses bcause wilderness is battleground of Zamorak and Saradomin, so why not add them ?
*and rest of the white spots idk, you decide, we pkers want ppl in wild :) more monsters.
*and mary youre 3d pro <3 make somekind of Monster , doesnt have to look too detailed, if its too detailed it will take u long to make and its gonna get harder i think, or find some monster 3D prints from some site and make em to right size and add to the game :)

Sorry if i made some typos :kappa:
and SORRY for long post heres a potato for you :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:53:16 am by Purple Phat »

The following users liked this post: 99 Att Skill
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5