The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Zamorak and saradomin brews
« on: May 01, 2016, 01:02:52 pm »
This is gonna be my attempt to adress this issue properly. I am aware that this has been discussed before.

If you don't know what this is about: An update made it so that zamorak brews got the same health boost as saradomin brews. While making both zamorak and saradomin brews now lower ranged and magic levels as well. This was a huge buff to zbrews while being a huge nerf to sbrews.

The status of zamorak brew
Pre update: A potion commonly used to provide a high strength bonus. Used to boost offensive capabilities, with no boosts to defense. Lowers attack & def stat when used.
Post update: A potion commonly used to provide a high strength bonus. Used to boost offensive capabilities, with a health boost. Lowers other stats when used, apart from str. Can be used to heal effectively, being more beneficial to melee users.

The status of saradomin brew
Pre update: A potion commonly used to restore health & provide high defense bonuses. Used to boost defensive capabilities, with no boosts to offense. Lowers attack & def stat when used. Can be used to heal effectively, being more beneficial to range/mage users.
Post update: A potion commonly used to restore health & provide high defense bonuses. Used to boost defensive capabilities, with no boosts to offense. Lowers attack & def stat when used. Can be used to heal effectively, not being beneficial to any combat style.

The past issue
Saradomin brews were being used as a replacement for food. They provided no downsides for rangers & mages and generally outdid mantas, making them a lot more durable than they should be. This was resolved by making it lower ranged & magic levels.

Zamorak brews had no problems with them whatsoever. They were being used to great extent.

The current issue
Zamorak brews make saradomin brews completely redundant for melee users because of their health boost. The way they are with ranged & magic users is well balanced. They are used as a secondary food and are purely defensive.

For being the potion with the highest herblore level requirement I don't see myself wanting to use it much. Even if I bring mage somewhere in PvM, I don't feel like that sara brew has a major effect on what happens.

What I think should be done
  • Zamorak brews should at the have their hp boosting effect removed. A defensive buff like that has no place on a potion that should boost your offensive capabilities. This will at the very least not make sbrews completely redundant when using melee.
  • Saradomin brews don't necessarily need to be changed
  • It might be an interesting idea to make super restore potions restore back a potion's effect instead of just restoring the stat to level 99. This may be difficult to code
Would appreciate more feedback on this.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Zamorak and saradomin brews
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:34:12 pm »
This is gonna be my attempt to adress this issue properly. I am aware that this has been discussed before.

If you don't know what this is about: An update made it so that zamorak brews got the same health boost as saradomin brews. While making both zamorak and saradomin brews now lower ranged and magic levels as well. This was a huge buff to zbrews while being a huge nerf to sbrews.

The status of zamorak brew
Pre update: A potion commonly used to provide a high strength bonus. Used to boost offensive capabilities, with no boosts to defense. Lowers attack & def stat when used.
Post update: A potion commonly used to provide a high strength bonus. Used to boost offensive capabilities, with a health boost. Lowers other stats when used, apart from str. Can be used to heal effectively, being more beneficial to melee users.

The status of saradomin brew
Pre update: A potion commonly used to restore health & provide high defense bonuses. Used to boost defensive capabilities, with no boosts to offense. Lowers attack & def stat when used. Can be used to heal effectively, being more beneficial to range/mage users.
Post update: A potion commonly used to restore health & provide high defense bonuses. Used to boost defensive capabilities, with no boosts to offense. Lowers attack & def stat when used. Can be used to heal effectively, not being beneficial to any combat style.

The past issue
Saradomin brews were being used as a replacement for food. They provided no downsides for rangers & mages and generally outdid mantas, making them a lot more durable than they should be. This was resolved by making it lower ranged & magic levels.

Zamorak brews had no problems with them whatsoever. They were being used to great extent.

The current issue
Zamorak brews make saradomin brews completely redundant for melee users because of their health boost. The way they are with ranged & magic users is well balanced. They are used as a secondary food and are purely defensive.

For being the potion with the highest herblore level requirement I don't see myself wanting to use it much. Even if I bring mage somewhere in PvM, I don't feel like that sara brew has a major effect on what happens.

What I think should be done
  • Zamorak brews should at the have their hp boosting effect removed. A defensive buff like that has no place on a potion that should boost your offensive capabilities. This will at the very least not make sbrews completely redundant when using melee.
  • Saradomin brews don't necessarily need to be changed
  • It might be an interesting idea to make super restore potions restore back a potion's effect instead of just restoring the stat to level 99. This may be difficult to code
Would appreciate more feedback on this.
Hmm I don't have anything against this but there are more important issues at the moment.

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
Re: Zamorak and saradomin brews
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:45:15 pm »
It was really strange to me when I accidentally used zamorak brews as food, and it worked, I've got really confused.
Anyways wouldn't mind of a change to those.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!
Pages: 1