The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Voting shop.
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:58:33 pm »
Imho, this shop is currently so bad.
I believe some serious changes should be done about this shop.

I don't really know if voting did help or not however I've been trying to convince people daily that voting could help the server grow up.
the only responses I've had during this time are " rewards are so bad " , " its not worth it "

I do believe that people should do it just for the sake of the server, however the majority believe that if they want to help a sinking ship, it must be worth it eventho this might be the easiest way to earn some cash.

taking a look at the items you can get atm, its just - can't describe how bad it is -

I liked the idea of having an ' Item ' that worth a lot of for example blood money however can still be obtainable from the boxes with a really low chance
if we can have something like this in voting shop it would be great.

we would appreciate it if you could have some improvements on the current table.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Namnori, Loop

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
Re: Voting shop.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:07:06 pm »
Yeah, the problem is rewards, I get sometimes pm's, if it's worth to vote/open boxes. The thing is it's worth to vote but to open boxes isn't. I agree that some of the low level players or ironmen it's worth to try open them for some supplies/armour. But the majority can't see any profit, so they're not even trying to vote.
Either we need to make the chance to get those gilded items higher or add some less rare and usefull items. Personally I don't have anything better to offer :/

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:16:22 am »
Not to mention, all the lost votes we had throughout entire trivia time until now...

I agree it should be somewhat more rewarding and reasonably balanced compared to what they are now.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:15:31 am »
Few ideas:

These items would be added as their own thing because if these were obtainable through voting boxes they wouldn't fit that good imho. All the current rare gilded items would be obtainable from these as a very rare reward.
  • Double XP scrolls for specific skill - You would get a random scroll assigned to a certain skill (i.e Thieving XP scroll) and this would last for 1 hour.
  • Double Minigame Token - This token would be a consumable item. You carry these with you and consume one whenever you win or lose a round of PC/Emps-Wars granting you double tokens.
  • Permanent auras - These would have to be very expensive. These auras would be called superior. (i.e Superior vampyrism)
  • Skilling & combat packs - These would contain items what their names suggest. Also a rare chance to obtain XP lamp.
  • Teleport packs - Also what the name suggest, would contain random teleport tabs.
  • Blood money modifier - Not so sure about this but possibly some consumable item that grants you 1.5x or 2x blood money on next kill/next X kills.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:47:02 am by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Ameer, Namnori

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 07:20:38 am »
To add to what JP posted;

- Double Minigame Token - These would be better as an aura which is consumable upon completing 10 or so mini-games.
- Skilling & combat packs - I noticed within the rare boxes that you get both types of items, these would be split into separate boxes. They would have their own lamps, medium skilling lamp for example within the skilling pack and so on, also as JP suggested a rare chance at containing a large XP lamp which can be used in anything.

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 07:26:47 am »
  • Double Minigame Token - This token would be a consumable item. You carry these with you and consume one whenever you win or lose a round of PC/Emps-Wars granting you double tokens.
- Double Minigame Token - These would be better as an aura which is consumable upon completing 10 or so mini-games.
Tbh this might work as an aura better than a token. It could grant 1.25x or 1.5x modifer on minigame tokens and the aura could then be given more charges so it wouldn't break so soon. This would fit as a member benefit as well though ???

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:39:32 am »
Few ideas:

These items would be added as their own thing because if these were obtainable through voting boxes they wouldn't fit that good imho. All the current rare gilded items would be obtainable from these as a very rare reward.
  • Double XP scrolls for specific skill - You would get a random scroll assigned to a certain skill (i.e Thieving XP scroll) and this would last for 1 hour.
  • Permanent auras - These would have to be very expensive. These auras would be called superior. (i.e Superior vampyrism)
  • Skilling & combat packs - These would contain items what their names suggest. Also a rare chance to obtain XP lamp.
  • Teleport packs - Also what the name suggest, would contain random teleport tabs.
  • Blood money modifier - Not so sure about this but possibly some consumable item that grants you 1.5x or 2x blood money on next kill/next X kills.

This is actually much better than the ideas I had in mind for the improvements
it covers most of the game, from skilling to pvm and pvp

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:44:40 am by Ameer »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 11:13:37 am »
I don't really know if voting did help or not however I've been trying to convince people daily that voting could help the server grow up.
the only responses I've had during this time are " rewards are so bad " , " its not worth it "

This here perfectly encapsulates the absolute and limitless idiocy of the majority of the remaining players we have. People do not have 2 minutes of time to vote and but they have that time tenfold to spend complaining why the game isn't growing. Voting was never about reaching great positions on rsps lists, it was all about getting free stuff for no fucking effort. Nobody checks rsps lists in 2018 anymore. People haven't done that in god knows how many years. If anything, the rewards should be completely scrapped.

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 11:41:06 am »

This here perfectly encapsulates the absolute and limitless idiocy of the majority of the remaining players we have. People do not have 2 minutes of time to vote and but they have that time tenfold to spend complaining why the game isn't growing. Voting was never about reaching great positions on rsps lists, it was all about getting free stuff for no fucking effort. Nobody checks rsps lists in 2018 anymore. People haven't done that in god knows how many years. If anything, the rewards should be completely scrapped.

Its not about what we believe is right or wrong, its more like what the majority wants.
we've done way 2 many mistakes in the past when it came to what the majority wants and what is right for the sake of the game. ( mostly the second option was picked )

if they don't have 2 mins to vote if there is nothing in return for it, then they better get something in return otherwise we won't even achieve anything.

I believe that getting into top 10 will help the server be a bit more ' popular ' might be mistaken tho.

The following users liked this post: Namnori

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:03:17 pm »

I think that the rewards should remain how they are, it should be more of a symbolic thing, in that it should be almost completely useless rewards. The idea is that you vote and you get something for it but you don't vote because you want to get something for it (think of it like stickers and stuff being handed out when you go to vote IRL). If anything then maybe only the gilded items should be removed from the reward tables, but they're 1 in a 1,000 reward anyway so I don't think that it's really that much of a problem.

Its not about what we believe is right or wrong, its more like what the majority wants.
we've done way 2 many mistakes in the past when it came to what the majority wants and what is right for the sake of the game. ( mostly the second option was picked )

if they don't have 2 mins to vote if there is nothing in return for it, then they better get something in return otherwise we won't even achieve anything.

I believe that getting into top 10 will help the server be a bit more ' popular ' might be mistaken tho.

You have to think more about what the majority likes, not what they say they want. There are multiple problems with just listening to people who whine about things. The first big problem is that you're generally listening to the loud minority, who may not actually represent the majority. The second big problem is that people tend to not think about things long term, so if you ask them whether they'd like to get a lot of stuff really easily then most people would say yes, because they don't think about what it would mean for the economy, but if you actually implement their ideas that result in everyone getting a lot of stuff really easily then most people would not like it.

The better way to go about it is probably to just try some more "risky" updates every once in a while and see whether people would like it or not.

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 12:32:38 pm »
//

You have a point here, however lets not forget about where our ' Risky ' decisions has lead us to i'll throw it here as a reminder and won't mention it again

I am not trying to turn this topic into complaining about things that has been done before
however I am trying to show them as some examples where each one lead to people leaving because we didn't listen to them.

every vote counts,
I don't see people around abusing vpn just to vote more since it doesn't worth their time.
what i am trying to achieve is more people using vpn to vote which could get us a decent amount of votes.
such thing is impossible to achieve without Thomy listening to what his community likes.

we could possibly end with a worse economy than we have these days, which is something might be a bit risky however we can't lose more than what we have already did.

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 02:49:09 pm »
You have a point here, however lets not forget about where our ' Risky ' decisions has lead us to i'll throw it here as a reminder and won't mention it again
https://imgur.com/oX3O9fS.png

I am not trying to turn this topic into complaining about things that has been done before
however I am trying to show them as some examples where each one lead to people leaving because we didn't listen to them.

every vote counts,
I don't see people around abusing vpn just to vote more since it doesn't worth their time.
what i am trying to achieve is more people using vpn to vote which could get us a decent amount of votes.
such thing is impossible to achieve without Thomy listening to what his community likes.

we could possibly end with a worse economy than we have these days, which is something might be a bit risky however we can't lose more than what we have already did.
It would be impossible to have a balance where it's both worth abusing vpn and the rewards aren't too good, because the only time abusing vpn is worth it is if the rewards are too good to not miss out on the opportunity. The problem then is that if the rewards are so good that it's worth abusing vpn to get them then it wouldn't take too long until people get a lot of those rewards and the rewards stop being so good to make it worth continuing to abuse vpn, which means that it would be a short-term solution. I'm not necessarily saying that we can't do it, but we need to keep in mind that if we do then we'll know beforehand that we'll either need to undo it after a short while or make the rewards even better.
The following users liked this post: Namnori

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 03:13:36 pm »
I think you should have certain items with set prices you can get, with addition being those boxes that give you random stuff.

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 03:16:38 pm »

It would be impossible to have a balance where it's both worth abusing vpn and the rewards aren't too good, because the only time abusing vpn is worth it is if the rewards are too good to not miss out on the opportunity. The problem then is that if the rewards are so good that it's worth abusing vpn to get them then it wouldn't take too long until people get a lot of those rewards and the rewards stop being so good to make it worth continuing to abuse vpn, which means that it would be a short-term solution. I'm not necessarily saying that we can't do it, but we need to keep in mind that if we do then we'll know beforehand that we'll either need to undo it after a short while or make the rewards even better.

That's why I started such topic so we can work together as a community to suggest few possible rewards such as Jp's.
Rewards that would benefit both players ( the buyer/seller ) without having a lot of impact on the economy.

Pages: 1