The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Useful commands missing from the in-game commands list
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:45:23 pm »

That's the whole list of commands that you get for typing ::commands in game. IMO it should include ::devon, ::reloadmap and whatever else ''hidden'' useful commands there are. Why? Because those commands are some of the first things people are told to try out when they're having problems with their client (missing models and objects, animation bugs etc.)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Useful commands missing from the in-game commands list
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:07:51 pm »
::flushmodels is a completely unknown command that fixes a lot of graphical errors.

This isn't only the case for ::commands. This is the case for the staff version as well. Should most definitely be updated.
;
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »
Flushmodels is the most critical one imo. I'm using it all the time, since armours etc just lose opacity or become completely invisible.
I would like to see that the client would itself execute this command from time to time. That should be be used until the issue is fixed by more conventional methods.

Mary

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »
its funny cuz flushmodels was originally created for me to test my custom models XD

Considering most of these commands are for navigating and not developer commands (bug fixing whatever) i dont think they need to be in the list unless people actually actively navigate for fixing bugs at the bug report section, and thus should be in the bug report stickies. People that dont know them will try them out, get confused and dont know what they do.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 09:17:58 pm »
its funny cuz flushmodels was originally created for me to test my custom models XD

Considering most of these commands are for navigating and not developer commands (bug fixing whatever) i dont think they need to be in the list unless people actually actively navigate for fixing bugs at the bug report section, and thus should be in the bug report stickies. People that dont know them will try them out, get confused and dont know what they do.
But shouldn't there be an ingame source of all commands that are available to you? You know, what one would expect when using ::commands?
;

Mary

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 09:24:16 pm »

But shouldn't there be an ingame source of all commands that are available to you? You know, what one would expect when using ::commands?
too bad my laptop crashed or else i wouldave told you the amount of commands that there are, but its well over 100. None that are not listed on this list are useful to the players in a normal game perspective

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 09:45:45 pm »
too bad my laptop crashed or else i wouldave told you the amount of commands that there are, but its well over 100. None that are not listed on this list are useful to the players in a normal game perspective
::reloadmap is
::cinamamode & displaychar are nice for video makers
mary pls
;

Offline Sqkuid Ward

• Liked: 122 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 10:06:07 pm »
mary pls
::cinemamode* Did the grammar nazi just get corrected?
Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing this in-game. Doesn't hurt it in any way imo.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:15:17 pm by Sqkuid Ward »
Emps-World Moderator since March 22, 2016.
Emps-World Administrator since May 11, 2016.

Mary

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 11:03:56 pm »
mary pls
seen enough idiots using cinemamode then freak out cuz they dont know how to reverse it

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 11:09:22 pm »
mary pls
seen enough idiots using cinemamode then freak out cuz they dont know how to reverse it
Which is exactly what could be described in ::commands so that people would understand them.
;

Mary

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:14 pm »
mary pls
Which is exactly what could be described in ::commands so that people would understand them.
okay
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird
Pages: 1