The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Updates
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:31:49 pm »
It's been reoccurring for me that some parts of the recent updates feel rushed. I understand that we have some kind of reputation going for 'monthly updates' and that it would be good to keep that up, but I'm honestly dissatisfied with seeing things rushed as a result of that. I think that can potentially make the created content useless until fixed, which would require extra time.

To clarify what I mean by rushed: a change or addition that seems to have had little to no thought at all. I will now give some examples.

The dds nerf and corrupt dragon dagger
January 7th - dragon dagger special attack was nerfed after player feedback
June 9th - corrupt dragon dagger was added +12 accuracy and +9 str bonus over dds

The stat bonuses corrupt dragon dagger has are more than the original dds was nerfed by. Dds wasn't nerfed because of how easy it is to obtain or something like that. It was nerfed because it was doing too well as a special attack weapon. Playing a few rounds of emps wars should not mean that you can just go around this nerf. I don't see why people weren't outraged by this honestly.

Coal bag
The way it works makes it completely and utterly useless to the vast majority of people. The first flaw is the amount of charges it has. It has a total of 1000 charges, one is taken up every time a coal is put in or taken out. Putting the bag in your bank does not take out the coals. The charges don't even match up with the bag's capacity.

If you want it to be degradable that's fine, although a non-degradable version would be an easy surefire way to make the bag useful it can work. Making it degradable kind of removes it's use for smelting more bars per inv as you're now adding a tokkul cost to that convenience which makes it actually less of a convenience. It's only use is for people that are looking to collect a lot of coal, and those kind of people don't usually have a lot of tokkul at their disposal.

The coal bag costs 25,000 tokkul, it has 1,000 charges and it consumes two for every coal you bank. That's a cost of 50 tokkul per coal. If you take an onyx as the base price for tokkul it would make every tokkul about 15,6 gp. A coal bag would be about 390k in that case. You would pay 390k to mine 500 more coal. You would profit 210k in value from this. But why would you? Just buy an onyx and sell it and you don't have to waste any time mining extra coal. We can safely conclude that due to that, this item has no uses for anyone but ironmen looking to mine a lot of coal. Bit of a niche target audience isn't it?

Regen bracelet
In terms of what it does it's actually pretty useful. Degrading makes sense. Not introducing bracelet crafting or making it repairable with onyxes would've been easy ways to actually make onyxes have some value again. Instead the bracelet is just put in a reward shop for a minigame that nobody really plays. I get that bracelet crafting would require new jewelry crafting interfaces, but we're using ancient interfaces for those anyways, they could use the update. At least a dozen or more onyxes enter the game every single day, a degradable item made from them would be really great.

There are probably more things to be named here but I'll save everyone the hassle of reading more.
;

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:38:39 pm »
Coal bag should not break at all to be honest. Making it available from crushed star would be good, skillers could obtain one too.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:43:37 pm »
Making it available from crushed star would be good, skillers could obtain one too.
Don't send me off mining stars again please. Would rather see being able to sell some things for tokkul or something if skillers must be able to get coal bag.
;
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:15:49 pm »
Making it available from crushed star would be good, skillers could obtain one too.
Don't send me off mining stars again please. Would rather see being able to sell some things for tokkul or something if skillers must be able to get coal bag.

Even charr dont want to mining it... emps dies

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:15 pm »
Don't send me off mining stars again please.
mfw charr doesn't have some extra star dust in his bank 'just in case' something new gets added.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
Given that I recently mined 25k stardust for the outfit while competing with at least 2 people every star I think I've had enough of mining stars. I don't see what that has to do with the game dying.

Your response is completely off-topic. Consider this a warning, you will be infracted next time.

mfw charr doesn't have some extra star dust in his bank 'just in case' something new gets added.
The same goes for you.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 06:56:30 pm »

Your logic is even more broken than your grammar. *removed*
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:32:03 pm by Charr »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 11:45:05 am »
Crystal shield being completely op for months
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 05:22:40 pm »

You always here... even if emps will be dead... u will live here forever... *removed*

Your logic is even more broken than your grammar. *removed*
Pages: 1