The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thomy
« on: June 14, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »
I think you're missing a really big point here. I'm thankful for feedback and suggestions, but in the end I have to consider everything and forge a decision of that I think the game profits most from. I understand that you find it frustrating that your suggestions don't directly find their way into the game, but in all honesty, that cannot surprise you too much? In the end I have to make that decision. I thank you for your suggestions in the past, they've been really good criticism. Though, if this is only going to end up in a rant of you being dissatisfied with the decisions I make or the updates that are implemented, then there is no point for me to keep on reading it. I'm thankful for constructive criticism, but rant is just leading nowhere. Thanks I guess.

Now.that.Charr.is.gone.I.can.honestly.say.that.communication.between.Thomy/server.has.gone.to.0.
We.make.suggestions.and.give.feedback.several.times.a.week.if.not.a.day.but.honestly.yourt.average.player.gets.nothing.back.

We.keep.fetching.in.with.ideas.to.improve.the.game.but.what.were.left.with.is.topics.with.good.support.what.will.simply.fade.away.
Every.update.note.brings.us.something.new.amongst.with.bug.fixes.but.at.this.point.I.wouldnt.even.call.Marys.cosmetics/modells.something.new.

I thank you for your suggestions in the past, they've been really good criticism. Though, if this is only going to end up in a rant of you being dissatisfied with the decisions I make or the updates that are implemented, then there is no point for me to keep on reading it. I'm thankful for constructive criticism, but rant is just leading nowhere.

Aint.gonna.lie.our.suggestions.are.dope.as.fuck.from.time.to.time.but.because.the.owner.wont.give.us.his.view.or.direction.in.which.the.server.is.heading.were.left.with.making.useless.suggestions.
Thomy.you.said.it.yourself.that.by.the.end.of.the.day.youre.the.one.making.descisions.and.thats.what.your.suppose.to.do.But.you.cant.expect.the.community.to.read.you.every.month.in.update.notes.over.what.your.plans.are.
You.rarely.reply.to.feedback/suggestions.and.actually.tell.us.your.ideas.and.input.why.certain.things.cant.be.put.into.the.game.

Fuck.should.I.know.about.your.irl.problems.and.issues.with.coding.essentially.alone.but.if.you.take.a.path.of.leading.server.alone.and.not.telling.us.where.were.headed.the.server.will.fade.even.quicker.

I.even.miss.the.old.days.where.you.gave.us.input.on.your.progress.on.future.updates.and.gave.us.a.heads.up.on.things.you.could.
If.you.cant.find.time.to.respond.to.suggestions/feedback.and.they.just.fade.away.then.players.have.nothing.else.to.do.to.believe.that.you.simply.dont.care.to.take.time.to.respond.to
.your.players.Or.evenworse.dont.care.about.updates.

Im.sure.you.care.about.updates.but.please.take.time.out.of.your.day.to.give.us.more.input.then.vague.bugfixes.we.read.on.updatenotes.

The.gap.between.Thomy.and.majority.of.players.is.already.huge.and.im.sure.huge.amount.of.them.has.no.idea.what.is.going.on.
The.gap.between.Thomy.and.people.who.care.enough.to.give.input.and.read.updatenotes.is.getting.even.wider.also.

Issues:
1)No.idea.what.Thomys.plans.with.the.server.is
2)No.idea.how.close.we.are.to.losing.the.server.on.its.own
3)No.idea.if.our.suggestions/feedback.go.unnoticed
4)No.idea.if.what.were.suggesting.are.actually.semi-realistic.because.as.I.said.good.updates.only.get.feedback.from.players.
5)Not.that.it.matters.to.most.but.honestly.no.idea.about.what.it.takes.to.code.for.this.server.and.even.your.schedule.
6)No.idea.why.some.of.the.updates.are.prioritized.over.some.(Wouldnt.consider."its.my.descision".a.good.input)

Rant.imo.is.in.no.way.missplaced.its.just.what.you.get.when.you.cant.give.your.players.valueable.input.that.they.need.

but rant is just leading nowhere.

The.rant.leads.us.nowhere.in.a.same.way.your.server.managment.and.communication.has.last.couple.of.months.
I.cant.even.understand.the.descisionmaking.behind.your.managment.because.communication.with.you.and.the.server.is.close.to.0

Idgaf.about.dots.so.suck.it
Its.about.as.easy.to.read.this.rant.in.dots.as.it.is.to.read.you.and.your.plans.with.the.server.

Disclaimer.for.butthurt.arabs.for.always.appear.when.you.try.to.discuss.negative.sides.of.the.server.
I.respect.Thomy.for.even.creating.the.server.and.essentialy.coding.alone.but.I.dont.have.to.sugarcoat.questions.so.they.are.appear.better.for.you.

I.have.mad.respect.for.Thomy.but.you.cant.get.good.answers.sugarcoating.everything.and.nor.can.you.fix.the.server/improve.it.only.discussion.the.positive.sides.of.the.server
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:58:44 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Daniel, Attacker35

Mary

Re: Thomy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »
to answer all your questions: thomy does what he feels like doing

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »
How.about.try.and.try.doing.what.community.wants.him.to.do.
Maybe.thats.too.much.to.ask.from.a.respected.owner.of.a.server.that.has.100.players.

also:pls.no."if.you.dont.like.it.then.leave.replies".because.that.always.works.well

Also.im.not.giving.any.props.to.thomy.in.this.thread.because.I.already.respect.him.for.the.remake.of.the.server.
But.if.he.could.held.better.communication.in.scape.and.cant.come.close.to.it.in.e-world.then.whats.the.issue.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:54:24 pm by Drugs »

Mary

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:21 pm »
Maybe.thats.too.much.to.ask.from.a.respected.owner.of.a.server.that.has.100.players.

also:pls.no."if.you.dont.like.it.then.leave.replies".because.that.always.works.well

Also.im.not.giving.any.props.to.thomy.in.this.thread.because.I.already.respect.him.for.the.remake.of.the.server.
But.if.he.could.held.better.communication.in.scape.and.cant.come.close.to.it.in.e-world.then.whats.the.issue.
trust me i tried

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 06:59:25 pm »
At this point i don't see a reason why Thomy should keep the game online any longer. He clearly doesn't have the time nor will to keep it updated regularly. Unless he is willing to hire a new team to help him run the game (which again would cost money which he doesn't have because there is no reason why anyone should donate at the moment)

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Blue Bird, Ironmandommy

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »

trust me i tried
Your.the.closest.I.can.get.to.getting.answers.from.Thomy.

What.do.you.think.the.problems.with.the.server.are.in.a.neutral.nonbiased.way.

At this point i don't see a reason why Thomy should keep the game online any longer. He clearly doesn't have the time nor will to keep it updated regularly. Unless he is willing to hire a new team to help him run the game (which again would cost money which he doesn't have because there is no reason why anyone should donate at the moment)

Welp.actually.someone.who.agrees.with.good.input.
Just.wondering.if.Thomy.is.trying.to.sugarcoat.the.situation.for.himself.or.for.the.players.

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:08:20 pm »
Just.wondering.if.Thomy.is.trying.to.sugarcoat.the.situation.for.himself.or.for.the.players.
For the players i would guess, because he doesn't seem to care enough to need the sugarcoating himself.

Thomy has actually never been the guy who shares much about his plans in here. Back in emps-scape we used to have Graham for that, he was often in the shoutbox and would answer our questions if we had any and if he knew the answers. But now, when Thomy is running(lol, not really) the game by himself he would have to change his ways. Just to keep the players around. Which clearly is not happening right now as our player count is constantly dropping.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:11:50 pm by Il Skill L »

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 07:14:09 pm »
For the players i would guess, because he doesn't seem to care enough to need the sugarcoating himself.
Again.Thomys.input.would.be.10/10.because.theres.more.than.1.way.of.looking.it.

1)Maybe.the.server.doesnt.make.enough.profit.to.put.work.into.it
2)Maybe.server.makes.decent.amount.
3)If.server.doesnt.make.good.money.to.invest.proper.time.then.mind.aswell.do.something.to.please.players.instead.of.bugfixes.
Its.not.like.the.server.will.suddenly.die.without.couple.of.bugfixes/no.pets.
4)At.this.point.I.cant.really.imagine.it.being.a.hobby.that.brings.money.for.Thomy.because.im.p.sure.that.fixing.bugs.for.a.hobby.is.not.as.good.as.coding.new.more.diverse.features.

Mary

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 07:17:23 pm »

ppl grow up, including thomy.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 07:21:15 pm »

ppl grow up, including thomy.
Why.the.f.does.he.even.bother.with.this.shit.lol
He.can.clearly.see.that.players.give.up.on.the.server

I.really.dont.care.either.but.its.the.only.thing.to.discuss.for.now.because.updates.are.not.worth.to.mention.nor.is.the.playercount.
I.can.honestly.keep.it.my.last.emps-related.rant.because.for.now.Ive.gotten.my.answers.

Just.kinda.annoying.when.players.write.good.server-related.issues.and.Thomy.is.like.welp.majority.wont.care.neither.do.I.

Tldr:server.is.in.a.state.where.players.dont.care/thomy.doesnt.care.But.its.stable.enough.to.rake.in.more.donations?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:02 pm »
In my eyes I see Emps-World closing soon. Era of RSPS' have ended and people who used to play them have grown up and moved into different things whether it being a different game or real ife.
As long as Thomy keeps making profit off Emps-World I can see it running as it's a source of income through donations for Thomy which is a good thing for him.

I really liked the community throughout the years (and still do!) when I was still active in-game as a player and as a moderator back in Scape which was a great time period but then I grew out of the game as most people did when Scape was closed and moved into different things only because I had no interests whatsoever towards private servers anymore. No update no matter how 'great' it could be will save Emps-World now or never would have from decreasing player count.

It was a great move from Thomy to bring Emps back to those who would still play it and i'm sure those players really appreciated it. I'm sure people met many great friends here and have added them in other places such as Skype, Snapchat or whatever application they use.

In my honest opinion it's time to close Emps-World permanently once Thomy chooses to do so or stops making profit off donations. That's up to him tho.
The following users liked this post: Daniel, Drugs

Offline Daniel

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
  • Previously CJkinsey6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 12:32:22 am »
In my eyes I see Emps-World closing soon. Era of RSPS' have ended and people who used to play them have grown up and moved into different things whether it being a different game or real ife.
As long as Thomy keeps making profit off Emps-World I can see it running as it's a source of income through donations for Thomy which is a good thing for him.

I really liked the community throughout the years (and still do!) when I was still active in-game as a player and as a moderator back in Scape which was a great time period but then I grew out of the game as most people did when Scape was closed and moved into different things only because I had no interests whatsoever towards private servers anymore. No update no matter how 'great' it could be will save Emps-World now or never would have from decreasing player count.

It was a great move from Thomy to bring Emps back to those who would still play it and i'm sure those players really appreciated it. I'm sure people met many great friends here and have added them in other places such as Skype, Snapchat or whatever application they use.

In my honest opinion it's time to close Emps-World permanently once Thomy chooses to do so or stops making profit off donations. That's up to him tho.

This is spot on.

Emps-World was a nice idea. It allowed old players to come back and hold on to their childhood in a sense as many of us grew up with Scape and that is why I believe it was successful to begin with. But the novelty of being back in Emps-scape has well worn off and now this server is just like any other dried up RSPS out there. Not to mention the fact that the era of RSPS' being popular is over because people just aren't interested in them anymore.

As JP said, I LOVED Emps-Scape as a player and a moderator and the people I met in those days I'm still occasionally in contact with however none of them continue to play ingame, they only check the forums every now and then. This proves that most of us have outgrown the game and moved onto other things. The community was the best thing in Emps-Scape, from the staff team, to various big clans such as TNG to the everyday common player everything was near enough perfect. Without that kind of community here, the game will never thrive like it once did.

In my honest opinion, the death of Emps-World is just around the corner and although that doesn't bother me particularly as I don't play, I would still like the forums to be active with all the old timers.
Deandam7 [25|Jun 02:06 am]:   get her into liverpool city centre lad she tries hitting someone with a can of soup she'll get stabbed and have her bag and trainees stolen

Deandam7 [25|Jun 02:16 am]: few bevs down yer and you realise you've shagged yer great auntie pauline
Deandam7 [25|Jun 02:16 am]: but it's laughin cause she's got dementia and won't remember
The following users liked this post: Drugs

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 06:35:36 am »
I still believe that this game could get back on track and reach its 300 online players again. Another question is whether it is worth the effort.

The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro, Kaarel 123

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 08:26:07 am »
As Martin said, I'm 100% certain that the game can get way higher count of players online only if we get enough updatesand more arabs to make the game feel fresh, exciting and addicting as it was when we started playing it (Emps Scape).

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro, Kaarel 123

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »
Yas.thomy.dont.shut.down.forums ::)

I still believe that this game could get back on track and reach its 300 online players again. Another question is whether it is worth the effort.

Not.atm.not.in.the.summer.atleast.
Server.needs.a.kick.in.the.winter.when.more.people.could.potentially.play.

If.server.survives.next.few.months.we.could.discuss.that.Then.again.discussion.about.that.already.started.last.winter.so.Im.p.sure.its.not.worth.the.effort.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:59:29 pm by Drugs »
Pages: 1 2 3