The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Topaz

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Skills are all it takes
    • View Profile
The prices surprises me
« on: March 27, 2016, 06:20:32 pm »
Okay, I don't want to be an ass but I don't think that for example dragonfire shield should cost 2-3 mil, don't you agree? Just think about it.. Dragonfire shield requires dragonic visage (that is kinda hard to get as you all probably know that by now) and smithing level of 90 (that is as well is pretty hard to get) and not to mention that its one of the best shield in the game. In my opinion dragonfire shield should cost at least 10-15 mil that's the lowest price I would give for it. Okay and now the other thing 3rd age armor, best defensive armor IN GAME and the price of it is sooooo low compared to how good it is. And besides of that its really hard to get because first the monsters that drop 3rd age armor are in wilderness (where anybody can attack you) second the drop rate is about 1-1000 or 1-500 (depends on the monsters level that you're attacking) and lastly you not bringing any good and expensive gear because your not willing to lose it while being there so it makes even harder to kill them.
Well that's all I wanted to say thank you for reading if you actually read the whole thing. I hope you didn't get angry and sorry if you did but that's the truth.
And lastly I hope that Thomy see's this post and take what I just said into consideration. Thank you. :)

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
Re: The prices surprises me
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 06:25:28 pm »
Moved to Feedback.

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 06:40:33 pm »
Third age is underrated as all hell. People just go with what's the meta, which is the GWD gear. Third-age is rare in RS, OSRS in many other private servers so it's not affiliated with combat very often. The truth in Emps is that third age is pretty much equal in power to GWD gear:

Now about DFS. There was a short period of time when visages were dropped by all the dragons. If you go to the dungeon in Rimmington, you can see a lot of players killing blue dragons. The change has now been reversed but the price still hasn't fully recovered (it wasn't that high to begin with).
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 06:45:02 pm »
staff members don't make prices

the players choose how much they buy and sell shit for, there is no way for this to be altered other than by the players themselves.

Supply & Demand.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Blue Bird

Offline Topaz

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Skills are all it takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »
staff members don't make prices

the players choose how much they buy and sell shit for, there is no way for this to be altered other than by the players themselves.

Supply & Demand.
i got it. thanks for the info.
The following users liked this post: Deandam7

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 07:10:18 pm »
Deandam is right.

About the examples you brought I have to mention that we have a large amount of maxed/high level players, so the requirement doesn't make it harder really.
The visages themselves are quite easy to get since the monsters who drop it are not strong.

3rd age armour is still good, but most people prefer bandos/arma/battle robes for respective combat style, because they have better str bonuses.
Your wrong about the droprates: the items are fairly easy to obtain, even with that extra risk from wilderness. The droprates for any 3rd age item (random 3rd age item from droplist) are from 1/167 to 1/42 depending on which monster you kill.
Perhaps the armour will become more popular if Thomy decides to implement absorption bonuses to them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:12:02 pm by Saoledpede1 »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 12:25:37 am »
Deandam is right.

About the examples you brought I have to mention that we have a large amount of maxed/high level players, so the requirement doesn't make it harder really.
The visages themselves are quite easy to get since the monsters who drop it are not strong.

3rd age armour is still good, but most people prefer bandos/arma/battle robes for respective combat style, because they have better str bonuses.
Your wrong about the droprates: the items are fairly easy to obtain, even with that extra risk from wilderness. The droprates for any 3rd age item (random 3rd age item from droplist) are from 1/167 to 1/42 depending on which monster you kill.
Perhaps the armour will become more popular if Thomy decides to implement absorption bonuses to them.

Adding absorption bonuses to 3rd age at their current state would make them way too ridiculous. They have superior attack and defense bonuses at the cost of ONE maxhit. If an absorption mechanism was added, the sets would need to be completely reworked.

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 10:26:41 am »
there are tons of items that got a bad price.

ring of stone (best ring ing) 700k
amulet of fury 700k-1m
dfs 3-3.5m

what could we possibly do to fix these prices?

1. lower drop rate of the supplies by alot.

2. add new effects to make these items more popular e.g. dfs spec or let onyx necklace boost obby mauler's damage?

3. wipe out a % amount of these items that are ing already.

I know all of you will disagree with deleting items without anything in return and it is even worse when your items get targeted. So what about letting us exchange a high amount of these items for an oldschool, which will be introduced sooner or later anyways.

My suggestion is to host some kind of a lottery where people put their items on stake, in this case dfs, furies, stones and maybe some other items as well. Items will be counted in points according to their value -> stone/fury 1 point. dfs 3 points

People will 'donate' their items and and get points and numbers in return e.g. if the first guy donates 100 furies he will have 100 points and the numbers 1-100. the next guy donates 20 stones and gets 20 points and the numbers 101-120. The third guy donates 50 dfs and gets 150 points and the numbers 121-270 [...]

Once 1000 points are collected the host will roll a random number (1-1000) and the winner wins the oldschool). Of course there will be a limit on the  max points you can have per oldschool to prevent people from straight up 'buying' the oldschool.

In my opinion i like these lotteries much more than all these social events and all of that other BS.

The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 11:45:13 am »
Nothing is hard to get. It's incredibly easy to camp any kind of dragons that drop visages and get yourself one. The same goes for getting an onyx, just doing a jad run would get you 2. Prices are created by the people trading the items, I'd say buyers have the most effect on them.

there are tons of items that got a bad price.

ring of stone (best ring ing) 700k
amulet of fury 700k-1m
dfs 3-3.5m

what could we possibly do to fix these prices?

1. lower drop rate of the supplies by alot.

2. add new effects to make these items more popular e.g. dfs spec or let onyx necklace boost obby mauler's damage?

3. wipe out a % amount of these items that are ing already.
Some items just need to have less sources. Onyx is a prime example, it's dropped from way too many monsters. Visage is fine as it is imo, for every visage drop I've had during slayer I've had at least 6 onyx drops. Stone is not the best ring ingame, vigour is. Dfs spec already exists, so does berserker necklace, buffing these items won't necessarily make them more expensive, it just buffs the items.

Wiping is never a good solution. It pisses people off and only temporarily helps the problem. Continued item sinks are the way to go.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 01:47:56 pm »
Said it 10x you can get 3rd pieces from whatever npcs you get them from way too easily, the fact that you're in wild doesn't really matter.
It's like 3+ pieces per trip.
Pages: 1