The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The new tutorial
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:12:37 pm »
First off, glad to see that it finally got looked at. The old tutorial wasn't very much of an actual tutorial.

The new tutorial gets you through the basics of skilling as you would expect it to. This all seemed very solid and well made. I did fail to cook the trout 3 times in a row though, I don't know why I had to be shown how to cook twice. It would be slightly better to have the first shrimp burn on the fire and the npc would have you try to cook another on the range instead.

The place of the quest tutor is also a bit weird to me. It has you meet the mining tutor first and then you'd have to backtrack to the quest tutor. Having the quest tutor at the end of the tutorial instead of having to backtrack might be better.

The absence of combat in the tutorial is my biggest concern. I would greatly appreciate all 3 combat styles being shown in the tutorial. There are still people that are completely unaware of other combat styles being useful, we should at the very least have our new players know that it's not like that. Somehow including herblore, hunter and farming into the tutorial wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

A method of skipping through the tutorial also seems to be missing, veteran players might want this.
;
Pages: 1