The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The new slayer weapons
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:15:19 pm »
I'm not bothered too much by the fact that they're chaotics, I just really don't like having 3 melee weapons and only 1 weapon for range and mage. Balacing the three styles within the same tier is already way too much trouble and adding varying amounts of weapons for each style only makes it more difficult. The difficulty in balacing these weapons to all be useful is something I thought would result in one or two of the melee weapons being complete garbage and boy was I might have been right.

The weapons:
  • Rapier - +92 attack +82 str 2.5s attack speed
  • Longsword - +108 attack +92 str 3.0s attack speed
  • Maul - +139 attack +123 str 3.0s attack speed
  • Longsword & ddef - 128 attack +103 str 3.0 attack speed

From stats alone we can already see longsword has it rough in terms of competing with the other two melee weapons. 0.5s attack speed is a huge difference, rapier will most likely outdamage it. It's on the same speed as cmaul but even with a dragon defender the maul flat out wins in terms of stats.

Let's compare cmaul to anger battle axe since they're both 2h weapons around the same tier.
  • Maul - +139 attack +123 str 3.0s attack speed
  • Axe - +140 attack +95 str 3.0s attack speed
There may be a considerable strength bonus between the two, however we're not counting the axe's special effect. This gives it a +11 maxhit versus giant monsters, which is 7 higher than cmaul's maxhit. That difference is very comparable to the cmaul's effect that'll only work on slayer monsters, but the key difference between the two is that anger weapons don't require cash to repair. Cmaul is not entirely useless, but it's not entirely worth the repair cost if you're after giant monsters. So, maul doesn't seem all that useful either.

Chaotic crossbow and staff have the same stats as hcb and sol. It offers ironmen an alternative to those two items which is kind of nice actually.

Kinda get the feeling this was rushed out, but the rest of the update is alright.
;
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Angila Joli, Hi Im Ethan, Martin, S Clegane

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
Re: The new slayer weapons
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »
Cls for buff pls

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:50 am »
I disagree with the comparison of anger weapons and chaotics. Let's do some maths... with these items. With my current equipment I can get a maxhit of 37 + 11 with my anger battleaxe. With my slayer helm it's *1.15, so 56. My chaotic maul has a maxhit of 43, multiplied with 1.25 (slayer helm and bonus) we're at 53. Looks like the battleaxe is much stronger, right? Now, the +11 bonus ONLY applies if you fight a large monster (Jad's size). So you're getting this in very few scenarios, meaning that the purpose of anger equipment isn't destroyed. It's still useful vs. large monsters and doesn't degrade! For the case of the chaotic maul... it will just outperform anger weapons in damage. In the damage calculation above we haven't even considered the 10% additional accuracy, which comes in especially useful against strong monsters.

I do agree that the longsword may have come out a bit too weak, so I'm adjusting its raw stats a little bit.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:47 am »
How does the bonus damage of angers work exactly? I've used them against all monsters with the size of 2x2 and larger and found it more effectice than a whip. However even against monsters like Corp and KQ I find myself hitting the maxhit really rarely.

Also Korasi is still a bit weak to compared to CLS. It has 2 attack and strength bonuses over it and will become even weaker in comparison if CLS is buffed. I think the real problem here is the attack speed of angers and the maul being 3.0s. Godswords, for example, are much slower and are thus more balanced with everything else in my opinion.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »
How does the bonus damage of angers work exactly? I've used them against all monsters with the size of 2x2 and larger and found it more effectice than a whip. However even against monsters like Corp and KQ I find myself hitting the maxhit really rarely.

Also Korasi is still a bit weak to compared to CLS. It has 2 attack and strength bonuses over it and will become even weaker in comparison if CLS is buffed. I think the real problem here is the attack speed of angers and the maul being 3.0s. Godswords, for example, are much slower and are thus more balanced with everything else in my opinion.

Godswords have 3.0s attack speed too. :) Korasi doesn't degrade, so it cannot really have the same stats.
Pages: 1