The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The halloween event/quest
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:24:53 pm »
Quest
I don't think there's too much to be said about the quest to be honest. It was fairly simple, which saves having to give a ton of people directions. It would've been nice if the quest forced people to use the new map search feature. It was sufficient for a holiday quest imo.

I don't know why the event had to delay the new boss though, it didn't feel like much work had been put into it.

Skulls
Is it just me or did skulls seem much rarer this year? Every monster seems to only drop a single skull compared to the earlier events where multiple could be dropped from higher level monsters. You were already condemned to afk in a multi-combat zone last time and I feel this has just gotten worse this year. There's no fun in collecting skulls and if it's money you're after you're honestly better off doing an actual moneymaking method.

Muncher was honestly a nice touch thematically. I like the idea of the skulls only dropping if I have him with me. However I did find myself accidentally picking muncher up quite often and missing drops as a result. It gets especially annoying in places like the abyss with a high monster density. Having him automatically pick up the skulls would've also made this whole thing a lot more bearable.

I'd like to see skulls be obtainable from pretty much anything (skilling, just being online, maybe even forum activity) next year. Maybe have them stored inside your account instead of having them be an item. To see how many you have you'd have to talk to muncher. Could re-name them to souls, that'd make a bit more sense.

I feel holiday events could be done way better in general.
;
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Zudikas95187, Tomtim1, Saif Nawaf

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The halloween event/quest
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:06 am »
You got valid point there. Even Boss rarely drops 6 or so skulls which takes way more time to kill than of what you can get at abyss. Muncher idea could be use for future references as Aaron suggested it could act as bonecrusher. Seems rational to adjust rewards as well because of this halloween event less people were doing Kolodion Spider from wilderness than usual. Kolodion pet could be exclusive halloween pet just as Raven.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: The halloween event/quest
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:07:25 pm »
Skulls
Muncher was honestly a nice touch thematically. I like the idea of the skulls only dropping if I have him with me. However I did find myself accidentally picking muncher up quite often and missing drops as a result. It gets especially annoying in places like the abyss with a high monster density. Having him automatically pick up the skulls would've also made this whole thing a lot more bearable.
I agree with the Muncher automatically picking up skulls part and with the part that you'd also get skulls for skilling.
and as for the accidentally picking up Muncher part I think i might have a solution. make him interactable only if you right click on him. That way you wouldn't accidentally missclick on him.

Skulls
Is it just me or did skulls seem much rarer this year? Every monster seems to only drop a single skull compared to the earlier events where multiple could be dropped from higher level monsters. You were already condemned to afk in a multi-combat zone last time and I feel this has just gotten worse this year. There's no fun in collecting skulls and if it's money you're after you're honestly better off doing an actual moneymaking method.
I'd personally like if the amount of skulls you receive upon killing a monster would be increased.

Good suggestion.
Pages: 1