The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
The current status of the EP Shop
« on: September 13, 2016, 04:23:11 pm »
Alongside Daily Tasks and the occasional Staff-Hosted Event, EP tends to be acquired at a fairly steady rate and is being introduced into the game in what I would say is a pretty fair way.
However, as more EP is being introduced into the game, the items available to purchase with the EP remain the same. Not that there is anything wrong with these cosmetic changes, as they appeal to some people for their cosmetic appearance, but the fact is that these items tend to get stale after awhile. The EP Shop feels like it's easily forgotten, I mean it's partially the reason why I stopped completing my Daily Tasks in the first place. There aren't any new items currently in the shop that appeal to me as a player.
While this is partially a feedback suggesting to look into new EP items, I think it would be more interesting to introduce new EP items in a different way.

Perhaps we could have the EP Shop distribute EP items in more of a rotational style. What I mean by this is that rather a new EP item be placed into the EP Shop to remain available to purchase for EP forever, we introduce an EP item into the EP Shop that stays available for a limited time of the year or is "rotated" with other EP items of the same value. Maybe EP items that follow something like this:
  • Low-Cost EP items (15-20 EP): available in the EP Shop for 6 months at a time.
  • Mid-Cost EP items (30-50 EP): available in the EP Shop for 2-3 months at a time.
  • High-Cost EP items(60+ EP): available in the EP Shop for 1 month at a time.
  • Rare EP items (100+ EP): very rare finds that are only placed in the EP shop for a small period of time (less than a month, 1 week at minimum).

If these EP items are to be rotated in the EP Shop, it could follow something like this, for example:
  • 2 Low-Cost EP items per year, each available for 6 months.
  • 3-4 Mid-Cost EP items per year, each available for 3 months.
  • 1-2 High-Cost EP items per year, possibly filling in some of the Mid-Cost EP item's gap months, for example.
  • 1 Rare EP item, released at any time.
Again, these are merely just examples. These durations are just for the sake of the suggestion, too, but I feel that with a system like this, it might make EP items more sought after due to their limited availability and the EP Shop in general more popular. This would allow only a certain amount of an EP item to be introduced to the game at a time, rather than a constant flow of new EP items being introduced. Having these EP items rotate or be available for a limited time might keep the EP Shop fresh and the items in the EP shop desirable at most times, rather than a new EP item that gradually loses its flare as more and more start cycling into the game.

Thoughts?
The following users liked this post: Jp, Bubblebeam2, Kaarel 123, Cjkinsey6

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The current status of the EP Shop
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
These items would have to be cosmetic as well though. Adding like proper combat gear to the shop would be fairly stupid in my opinion.
Support though, would like to see some new items there.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »
The system doesn't even need to be as complicated as this.

My suggestion is that I would like to see 3 different EP inventories at Bolkoy, 1 of which should be the current stock we have now as there is no reason to dismiss them entirely.
The other 2 inventories should all be new items, not customs but items that are used in RS and unused in Emps. There could also be a few recoloured items in the shop as well however these should just be to fill up space and there shouldn't be too many of them.
These inventories should rotate on a monthly (?) basis, meaning that every month a new stock appears in the shop in a constant loop of the 3 inventories. Obviously the items inside the shop would be up for discussion as well as the length of time each inventory is available for.

Another idea I had is that there should be another inventory. This inventory would not be available in the normal rotation, it would be made available via a command (high admins only.)
This inventory would only be used for special occasions, for example a special 'Events week' (over the christmas period?) in which a number of events would be held over the week. This shop would only be accessible during this time and ofcourse the items would be up for discussion.

Regardless of what happens, I believe the EP shop does need some work done to it. In the current state, people are not purchasing any items other than scrolls and people also have no interest in joining the weekly events. During my time assisting Magecrune in the weekly events, a common complaint is that the EP rewards are boring. By changing up the EP shop and making it a bit more exciting, Events would in turn be brought back to life. 
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:51:53 pm »
total support man, i even think that this would help with the economy a bit, because the items that would disappear from the shop would go up in price dramatically...

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
A definite yes! Keeps people doing daily tasks and generates in some discontinued rare items.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Mary

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 07:04:51 pm »
so you're saying we have to revisit the ep shop manually each *fucking* month, and have atleast a couple dozen topics complaining about how some items are extremely limited, want to see this next, suggesting this next and plz can we have this back cuz i didn't play back then (see championship riven rage) and basically create an 'oldschool' limited item 'omg look i managed to collect this and u can't get it now haha noob' feel.

I don't think that's a healthy idea for a simple cosmetic shop with rewards for casual steady players who'd like to complete their outfit. Sure maybe one or two items that can be limited time offer, but I don't think it should be based on that.

Holiday items already fullfill this role.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 07:36:52 pm »
so you're saying we have to revisit the ep shop manually each *fucking* month, and have atleast a couple dozen topics complaining about how some items are extremely limited, want to see this next, suggesting this next and plz can we have this back cuz i didn't play back then (see championship riven rage) and basically create an 'oldschool' limited item 'omg look i managed to collect this and u can't get it now haha noob' feel.

I don't think that's a healthy idea for a simple cosmetic shop with rewards for casual steady players who'd like to complete their outfit. Sure maybe one or two items that can be limited time offer, but I don't think it should be based on that.

My suggestion is that I would like to see 3 different EP inventories at Bolkoy, 1 of which should be the current stock we have now as there is no reason to dismiss them entirely.
The other 2 inventories should all be new items, not customs but items that are used in RS and unused in Emps. There could also be a few recoloured items in the shop as well however these should just be to fill up space and there shouldn't be too many of them.
These inventories should rotate on a monthly (?) basis, meaning that every month a new stock appears in the shop in a constant loop of the 3 inventories. Obviously the items inside the shop would be up for discussion as well as the length of time each inventory is available for.

Another idea I had is that there should be another inventory. This inventory would not be available in the normal rotation, it would be made available via a command (high admins only.)
This inventory would only be used for special occasions, for example a special 'Events week' (over the christmas period?) in which a number of events would be held over the week. This shop would only be accessible during this time and ofcourse the items would be up for discussion.

Regardless of what happens, I believe the EP shop does need some work done to it. In the current state, people are not purchasing any items other than scrolls and people also have no interest in joining the weekly events. During my time assisting Magecrune in the weekly events, a common complaint is that the EP rewards are boring. By changing up the EP shop and making it a bit more exciting, Events would in turn be brought back to life. 

This is not a case of creating new 'old schools'. By having the inventories in a continuous loop, if you miss your opportunity or you don't have enough EP - you simply wait until it comes back around. This means that people who have amassed a ton of EP aren't buying all the new items immediately and making a fortune in cash. Furthermore it encourages users to complete their daily tasks and participate in weekly events and save up for the items they wish to have. Not to mention it will take a hell of a lot longer for the EP store to become unused if the items are changing regularly, in its current state no one is interested in buying the items.

The bottom line is, the weekly events are near enough dead with the same names participating each week, currently there is absolutely no point in collecting EP because it's only use currently is double exp scrolls. The only people who are collecting double exp scrolls are those who enjoy reaching high exp's in skills or ironmen.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 07:59:09 pm »

At least more than 3 players could benefit from these items, but of course we can keep on promoting staking with the old-schools that nobody will ever be able to afford through regular gameplay.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Zudikas95187, Hi Im Ethan, Cjkinsey6

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 08:03:21 pm »

Not every new EP item has to fit into this role. We can release a couple of these while still adding in permanent EP items into the EP Shop.

What I meant by rotating these EP items is that they are only available for a certain time before they are rotated with another set of EP items. More sets of these items could be added to this rotation but after awhile, say a couple of these rotations every couple of months, they'd come back into the EP Shop. They'd be available for their first appearance in the EP Shop but would be replaced after awhile with new, different sets of EP items before resurfacing after a certain period of time. Maybe after a few of these they are eventually removed permanently, giving them a good few chances to come into the game before disappearing for good, I dunno. But maybe I didn't make that clear and I'm sorry for that.

And maybe this is a bit complicated and could create negative situations, I understand that. But again, I'm just here to suggest possible ways to implement this. What I've suggested doesn't have to be the way it works in the game.

But if we just keep adding more permanent items into the EP Shop, these items are going to lose their desire once a player has acquired them, unless they just wanna toss it away for some extra cash. And as Dan said:
The bottom line is, the weekly events are near enough dead with the same names participating each week, currently there is absolutely no point in collecting EP because it's only use currently is double exp scrolls. The only people who are collecting double exp scrolls are those who enjoy reaching high exp's in skills or ironmen.
EP will most likely be used for Double XP and only Double XP after awhile. And not every player wants double XP either.
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6
Pages: 1