The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The closing of w2
« on: September 01, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »
Honestly, it went a lot better than I'd anticipated. It's definitely made the game look a lot more populated. I was definitely in the wrong about it being an overall bad decision. I found myself running into a lot more people than usual, which for the most part isn't all that bad of a thing. The wilderness (beyond edgeville) also seems to be more populated, which is nice. Certain resources are going to enter the game at a slower rate, which is also better for their value.

I do think some things should be done to compensate for w2 being closed. When doing my daily tasks I often find someone already taking up the resources I need to get. I mean sure that whole 'resource competition' is back now but it's incredibly frustrating for newer people to have someone just adze spec away all their ores/logs. Certain monsters can also be somewhat impossible to do slayer tasks for due to their low amounts of spawns. It's mostly bearable, but improving on it would definitely prevent needless frustration. Certain training methods also got affected by w2 closing. Black salamanders in the wilderness are a lot more risky now. Stall thieving at higher levels took quite a big hit in exp/h due to not being able to hop. The fact that you had to do that to get good thieving rates is a problem on it's own to be honest. Generally you have to share a lot more training spots, which I don't think is all that great.

I'd like to see certain improvements done in the future to combat these issues, they're not a big priority but should be taken care of. I can give examples if necessary, but I overall just wanted to get a topic open about it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:15:27 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: The closing of w2
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:51:43 pm »
''Oh no, I need to share spots in an online multiplayer game.''

IMO this increased the longevity of the game in a good way. Skills take a tiny bit longer to train because people are actually speaking to one another. For dailies you can simply go to some dead-ass location because your multi-billion bank won't take a hit from dropping 30 magic logs. I haven't really noticed anyone else mind the update.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, S Clegane

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:59 pm »
Generally you have to share a lot more training spots, which I don't think is all that great.
IMO, it should've been like that a long time ago. You gotta remind yourself back in Scape we had nearly 1000 daily players, therefore Thomy had to open a 2nd world. At the moment, we don't even reach 100, and you're already complaining about resources.

it's incredibly frustrating for newer people to have someone just adze spec away all their ores/logs.
That's why they gotta start exploring the map and find new locations.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:59 am »
hrlo guys
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:18:05 pm »
I think you gotta let this one go.. It's fine as it is :)

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Themarfish
Pages: 1