The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The brew nerf
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:10:32 pm »
Both zamorak brew and saradomin brew received a considerable nerf in the latest update. This topic is about that nerf.

Healing: from 16 to 13 per dose
Stat boost: from 24 to 5
This applies to both brews.

The reason for their nerf is as follows:
I am aware that this is a nerf to super potions, but it was impossible to add new potions with super potion's combat power. Extreme potions and overloads are untradeable. Also brews have received a nerf in their healing power and stat boosts. On the other side though, their stat reduction effect is no longer that strong. Some level requirements for potions have also been reduced.
I don't really care for the nerf to super potions myself. Extremes and overloads are going to replace them no matter how good you make them. This topic isn't about super potions. Drugs made a topic about those already.

I feel as if brews really wouldn't have made overloads useless. If anything they'd be used alongside them, and quite a lot at that. I think it's a shame that they won't now. The healing reduction is a whopping 12 hp per inventory slot, that's over half of a manta ray it got reduced by. If anything using more than just manta rays should be encouraged. They'll still be usable with them, it's just that you're giving people less of a reason to use them for no reason. If you want them to be food rather than stat boosting you had already pretty much achieved that, people don't use sbrews for the defense boost but for the heal and boost.

Nerfing brews when their usage is not affected at all by overloads really hurts them. You've already nerfed their exp, which hurts the ingredients for them as well. Unlike super potions they don't get a huge sink out of overloads, it would mean you're essentially making some moneymaking methods less viable and decreasing the value of brews.

The stat lowering properties of brews are mostly ignored. The vast majority of people know to bring restores or repot after drinking brews. Making them decrease stats less didn't give them any extra benefit whatsoever. That was a really lackluster way of compensating for the nerf. You should not do something like that ever again.

Zbrews as a healing potion are going to be inferior to sbrews, I honestly wouldn't mind if the healing aspect got removed from it completely. It can offer a higher dps bonus than overloads but reduce your total hp, that might actually be interesting. I wouldn't mind it being turned into a potion that works for ranged and magic too, since brews do that as well.

;
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Hi Im Ethan

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The brew nerf
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:03:55 am »
Has been reverted, thanks.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:22 am »
Since we have extreme potions, I suggest buffing the brew or make a super brew to make things a bit even for players who pvm in wildy. And now pkers have a better chance of killing pvm because they will have more space for food and gaer, also having one world is a big advantage for them.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:18:21 pm »
Since we have extreme potions, I suggest buffing the brew or make a super brew to make things a bit even for players who pvm in wildy. And now pkers have a better chance of killing pvm because they will have more space for food and gaer, also having one world is a big advantage for them.
Brews are same as extreme potions/overloads (now)
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane
Pages: 1