The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The 29/9/2015 updates
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:11:29 pm »
I think a lot of things didn't go in the right direction with this update, so I'm here to discuss them. I will discuss both good and bad things.

Drop amounts for morrigan axes and spears changed. Spectrals will now drop 15-25 axes/javelins instead of 100-150.
This is good, the items were really cheap and were pretty much dominating pvp, this should make them less commonly used.

Drop amounts for dragon darts changed. Barrow chest now gives 25-50 dragon darts instead of 50-100.
Unnecessary in my opinion. Just making them 'break' more often instead of being picked up would be better. Morrigans javelin remains both good at setting up kills and good at finishing people off, I still belive the power of the javelin should be focussed more on the DoT effect and not on the first hit.

Attack power (max hit) of darts and knives was nerfed. Accuracy remains untouched.
Could've spread this amongst both, this will keep them strong. I'm unsure if that's good.

Bolt effect occurance chance changed from 20% to 25%. Moreover, onyx bolts' maximum extra damage was reduced from 25 to 20. We changed them, because we want to rebalance their usage in pvp situations.
Okay so basically, the effect is gonna occur more but the effect is gonna do a bit less damage. Sounds like it's gonna do more dps overall. This is a buff.

EDIT:
Crystal names, you could've just called them air/water/earth/fire crystals, would've made a lot more sense.

God bows now attack 0.5 seconds slower. God bows special hit reduced to 1-4 from 1-5. I know that this nerf is big, but god bows are much stronger than any other tier 80 ranged weapon and we'd like to bring some equality to level 80 ranged gear!
So, you basically made hunter's cbow the only ranged weapon left for pvm. The only other weapon for level 80 ranged was hunter's cbow, which you just gave a buff. God bows were already on par with hunter, what the hell Thomy. You just effectively killed off god bows because of ele bow.

God bows vs hunter's cbow:

In PvM for the most part the choice was between WAY better survivability and higher ammo cost and lower cost and slightly higher dps. You've gone and completely removed zbow's viability in PvM and buff the hunter's cbow. There is literally no reason to use a god bow anymore, not anywhere, hunter outdoes it in every single possible way. They're equal speed, hunter has way more utility with different kinds of bolts, hunters has a shield option, sorry but there's no reason to use god bows anymore.

Suggested change: If you wanted to nerf their damage in PvP, making the effect monster-only would've been enough. Shifting their damage to a 'larger monsters' effect would've also done the trick. Killing god bows shouldn't be done to make ele bow relevant. The speed nerf absolutely killed the bow, please do something about it.

Elemental weapons:

Thanks to w3 I've seen and used all 3 of them, with and without a crystal. Here's what I think of them.

The whip:
The only good use for your crystals. It offers a decent amount of bonuses over the regular whip and is quite forgiving when it eats your whip. If you wanna use your crystals use it on this one.

The bow:
This is pretty much the old z bow except with dragon arrows. It is definitely NOT worth going to chaos ele for. Without a crystal, it doesn't even match up to zbow in dps. With a crystal it beats zbow, but at what cost? Potentially losing the ele bow and the crystal. You'll risk yourself for a small chance to get one at chaos ele just to have a 50% chance to lost it if you wanna use it at it's full potential? Just use a hunter's, you'll lose less money. Give it the ability to use god arrows once you use a crystal on it, and make it slightly faster if zbow is gonna be given speed back.

The staff:
All elemental runes, that's kind of a reason I might get this. But use a crystal on it? Nope. If you want a strong 1-handed magic weapon that can autocast I'd still get master wand any day of the week. People will only want it for the runes but will probably never use a crystal on one. Though I suppose that's half decent. Giving the crystal'd version a high chance to not use runes might make people want it, really don't know what would need to change though.

The non-crystal ele weapons should be decent training weapons, much like the staff and the whip already are.

TL;dr

Zammy bow needs to be buffed back up.
Hunter's is the only good ranged weapon in PvM.
Ele weps need buffs.
Using a crystal on ele weapons needs to be more significant.
Use crystals on whip only.

This update feels kind of rushed.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:38:39 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Mtn Alin0, Tomtim1, Blue Bird

Mary

Re: The 29/9/2015 updates
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:38:15 pm »
No love for sara bow :(

My two cents: yeah its gonna be more worth putting your crystals on the whip. I still think elemental bow is viable over z bow because the drop chance is fairly high and the non-crystal version is still faster than the zamorak bow. Moreover god arrows have the same ranged strength as dragon arrows with the only change being the additional effect when used in combination with the god bows.

Elemental staff still saves 35% of your runes, 40% when upgraded to any crystal staff.

Hunter cbow should and could be a cbow that's only as strong as it is right now against monsters on your slayer task, with ammo (broad tipped bolts, or kebbit bolts ammo only) bought from the slayer shop (also a nice sink for your obsolete slayer points if you already bought everything).

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:18:46 pm »
No love for sara bow :(

My two cents: yeah its gonna be more worth putting your crystals on the whip. I still think elemental bow is viable over z bow because the drop chance is fairly high and the non-crystal version is still faster than the zamorak bow. Moreover god arrows have the same ranged strength as dragon arrows with the only change being the additional effect when used in combination with the god bows.

Elemental staff still saves 35% of your runes, 40% when upgraded to any crystal staff.

Hunter cbow should and could be a cbow that's only as strong as it is right now against monsters on your slayer task, with ammo (broad tipped bolts, or kebbit bolts ammo only) bought from the slayer shop (also a nice sink for your obsolete slayer points if you already bought everything).

God bows are dead content, end of discussion. They are WORSE, and HARDER to get your hands on (as a drop).

Elemental Staff is just a downgrade of Rod of Ivandis.

The whip upgrade is the only new thing introduced in this update.

About Slayer points: we should be able to use spare points on xp.

A slow hunter c bow will never be used on slayer. Period. It's all about fast-hitting dps weapons, not about max hits. (see why whips are more popular than godswords and z spear, for example)

JUST STOP RUINING THE GAME I USED TO LOVE EVEN FURTHER :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:21:15 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:56:46 pm »
Just so everyone remembers....Seercull is literally the exact same bow as an elemental bow (That has no xtal used on it).
The stats are exactly the same, as well as the attack speed. The only difference is that seercull has a special attack, which makes it (Better?)

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Charr, Blue Bird
Pages: 1