The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
TDS
« on: January 08, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »
Why TDS has such a low level slayer req? 77 slayer can be easily obtained with double XP...

Plus before you disagree about this, Think again

Mutant Tarns are 95 slayer and they drop Seerculls + C boots and those are really LOWish(as in economy) drops and not worth doing tarns for those drops(TBH)
Dark beasts are known in rs for 90 slayer i wont disagree about this, The best thing you would go for is the D-Bow + the key to SDC and they require a long ass slayer level to hit them up

TDS has one of the best drops in-game and sells for ALOT of money(Can reach 60m+) for the crystals, I know it is 1 in 500 but still TDS has to be increased in slayer level ATLEAST 90+ because those demons has one of the best drops in game and has to have a high req level in order to obtain those Gorgeous crystals that sell for huge amount of money

I would say 90+ slayer will be good.

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: TDS
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:30 pm »
Agreed for the same reason.
Yes, they are stronger than Mutants and Dark Beasts, but they also drop items worth 10 times more (I'm 100% sure someone will mention their strenght), but that shouldnt be compensated with them requiring only 77 slayer. Or just switch the requirements of TD and Tarns.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »
What I think went down is that Thomy wouldn't want to limit the content to like 300-400 accounts instead of over 1k. The price of the crystals would be insanely high if they would require 90+ from the getgo, though I do think now is a good time to increase the requirement.

Dark beasts shouldn't get their slayer requirement lowered. They're at the right level.

Tarns as far as rare drops go, tarns are better than dark beasts. Dark beasts have a lot better non-rare drops. I do think both of their slayer requirements are fine. Tarns should just be made a little more convenient to fight. Their transformation is really annoying, you attack them and there's a good 2 seconds where you have to wait before you actually start damaging them. This should be changed.
;
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »
What I think went down is that Thomy wouldn't want to limit the content to like 300-400 accounts instead of over 1k. The price of the crystals would be insanely high if they would require 90+ from the getgo, though I do think now is a good time to increase the requirement.

Dark beasts shouldn't get their slayer requirement lowered. They're at the right level.

Tarns as far as rare drops go, tarns are better than dark beasts. Dark beasts have a lot better non-rare drops. I do think both of their slayer requirements are fine. Tarns should just be made a little more convenient to fight. Their transformation is really annoying, you attack them and there's a good 2 seconds where you have to wait before you actually start damaging them. This should be changed.
Okay i know about dark beasts

But from what i see Tarns need more loots into their table because they're not worth doing AT all, I prefer doing TDS..

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »
If what you say is true then you do have a point, and if Thomy doesn't want to limit content to accounts that have worked for it then he is completely wrong.
77 slayer is close to nothing, it's easy in osrs even.

You really do have a point, when tarns came out I was so hyped to go and kill them because I knew the work it took me to get 95 slayer as a pure. Even the day one tarn loots were incredibly stupid compared to lower level slayer monsters.

It kinda is a bit demoralizing to find out that your slayer level is useless, and makes slayer only useful to get a cape.To achieve the max, to get the cape..
There should be bosses that are linked to high level slayer, bosses that have good drops and exp. And are actually a bit challenging to kill.

Slayer shouldnt be about killing fairly easily monsters, you should have option to make it more rewarding and challenging when you progress in the skill.

No tarns should not be made "a little more convenient". You're going for 200m and you find it a probleem to kill level 95 slayer monsters that have a 2 second delay?
Like seriously, that point just makes me question why the hell would you even want 200m slayer if you dont like the challenge of it.
If you want something convient then log out and go sleep.

I can't wrap my head around why would you think that easy monsters as tarns are should be changed for having 2 second delay. They are already so easy.
They are level 95 slayer monsters, in my mind 95 should offer you even harder monsters than monsters that you can safespot with prayer.

And here you are, already thinking that a level 95 slayer monster which is fairly easy to kill should be made more "convenient" smh
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, Bubblebeam2, Ironman Tim

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 05:04:46 pm »
It kinda is a bit demoralizing to find out that your slayer level is useless, and makes slayer only useful to get a cape.To achieve the max, to get the cape..
There should be bosses that are linked to high level slayer, bosses that have good drops and exp. And are actually a bit challenging to kill.

Slayer shouldnt be about killing fairly easily monsters, you should have option to make it more rewarding and challenging when you progress in the skill.
You mean something like smoke demon champion?

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »
Okay i know about dark beasts

But from what i see Tarns need more loots into their table because they're not worth doing AT all, I prefer doing TDS..

While I have only recently started killing them again, I can safely say that their loot is definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. They have plenty of alchables, the seeds are stackable and while nearly worthless still don't take up too much of your inv space, there's about a 1 in 33 chance to get a drop worth at least 1m if not more. Their loot is absolutely fine. The only flaw with them is their transformation, which is only there to delay when you can finish your task.

I've killed plenty of tarns, they are by far the least rewarding slayer creature to kill. Hell, black demons have worse drops yet are praised as an actual great task. Y'all need some slayer exp. Please don't judge a monster and it's droptable before you've killed it a lot of times.

Agreed for the same reason.
Yes, they are stronger than Mutants and Dark Beasts, but they also drop items worth 10 times more (I'm 100% sure someone will mention their strenght), but that shouldnt be compensated with them requiring only 77 slayer. Or just switch the requirements of TD and Tarns.
Slayer level requirements are slayer level requirements. They have absolutely nothing to do with how strong a monster is or how valuable it's drops are. It just makes sense that more difficult monsters have a higher requirement but that does not necessarily mean that will be true for most things. It's just a way of level gating certain monsters.

No tarns should not be made "a little more convenient". You're going for 200m and you find it a probleem to kill level 95 slayer monsters that have a 2 second delay?
Like seriously, that point just makes me question why the hell would you even want 200m slayer if you dont like the challenge of it.
If you want something convient then log out and go sleep.

I can't wrap my head around why would you think that easy monsters as tarns are should be changed for having 2 second delay. They are already so easy.
They are level 95 slayer monsters, in my mind 95 should offer you even harder monsters than monsters that you can safespot with prayer.

And here you are, already thinking that a level 95 slayer monster which is fairly easy to kill should be made more "convenient" smh
Why is it so weird that I dislike having to wait two seconds before I'm able to deal damage to a monster? It doesn't serve a purpose or make the fight any more difficult, it just makes the fight take longer. I dislike the mechanic because it does not serve a purpose, and that is a flaw in my eyes. Ice strykewyrms have a similar mechanic in that you need to do a certain action in order to make them attackable, though they don't really make you wait as you have to step back or you'll take a fair amount of damage. Taking longer for no reason ≠ More challenging/difficult. It just makes it more boring.

Easy solution would be damaging it while it transforms recoils part of the damage back but still actually does damage to the tarn instead of it being healed back to full due to mutant tarns being treated as a new monster after transforming.

His melee attack could be given a few squares of extra range (he attacks with the tentacles on his back, kind of makes sense) and maybe some kind of indicator or slow animation so that you would have to prayer switch in order to take no damage. Or it could have no indicator if you need it to not have counterplay.

This waiting time is a bad mechanic. Corp and KQ have it as well, wouldn't all these fights be a ton more challenging if the transformation actually meant something instead of just being a transformation? I would much prefer a tarn that would only use magic attacks at first, would transform about halfway through his health, have some kind of attack that would place me directly in front of him right after his transformation (and a slight chance to do this again throughout the fight) so that I would actually have to pay attention while killing them than have this transformation mechanic where I have to wait 2 seconds.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 05:49:15 pm »
Speaking from my runescape experience there's loads of monsters that you have to finish off with certain item, or make the npcs appear from various objects to kill them.
It's not annoying tbh, it might be annoying because you have to do it on a worthless level 95 slayer creature.

It gives variety to slayer, and variety is honestly what slayers monsters in emps-scape lack a bit. (how it feels to be, not how it feels to majority of players)
I honestly dont see a problem, how often do you even get mutant tarn tasks?
I see how it might be frustrating to do these tasks going for 200m, but its not my fault that Thomy coded tarns for 95 slayer and the way they are. In theory these variety npcs that appear from mushrooms, ground or other should be lower level slayer under 50 or so. Or very high slayer level monsters that take some actuall skill to kill and have rewarding loots.

But as concept I do not disagree with the mechanism, I didnt code high level slayer monsters to be so useless.

It gives more "law" to the game, like cleaning herbs actually give you cleaned herbs to make potions from.
Having to do something other than slayer req to kill monsters imo is a pretty fun concept.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »
Speaking from my runescape experience there's loads of monsters that you have to finish off with certain item, or make the npcs appear from various objects to kill them.
It's not annoying tbh, it might be annoying because you have to do it on a worthless level 95 slayer creature.
That's exactly the thing slayer is missing, and that's not what that 2s wait time is.

You have done well.
;
Pages: 1