The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Semih12125

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Statius / Vesta
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:13 pm »
Alright, so lately I have been using statius (nonc) to pvm, mostly bosses. And while I do bossing I see constantly that I am hitting allot of 0's and occasionally a 60 or a 20. I lose most of the kills to people wearing bandos / 3rd age / and even dragon armour. While I wear f cape, steads, str t, statius body and legs, bandos helm and bandos gloves. As to some opposing players that boss can wear d boots fury 3rd age armour (or bandos) no f cape and still out damage me by 100-200. When i use my z brew/s att/s def and piety and i get lucky i might get the drop, but after 1-2 kills i just do allot of 0's constantly. Looking at the stats i have almost twice the attack offense compared if i wear bcp and tassy instead of stat legs and body.I have asked around to some of my friends and they said that they see the same problem occuring with them while doing bossing/pvm'ing. Maybey its bad luck that I don't hit that freqeuntly, I am not sure but it seems a little bit odd. I kill 10 corporeal beasts, i lose 8 drops to a guy with 3rd age / dragon armour. I have used allot of weapons including ZS, elemental whip+arcane, anger mace and d hally but still see no difference. I am eager to hear your opinion about this below. Thank you for reading.

-Semih

*ps. I did not see this over a few kills, I have participated in about 800-900 kills and saw this happening.
The following users liked this post: Degtukai

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Statius / Vesta
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:22 pm »
I'm not aware of the current situation of statius/vesta sets, but I do recommend using full elite void against corp. Especially when you're not soloing.

Offline Ledomy10

• Liked: 241 times
  • +0/-0
  • kamikadze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:54 pm »
Isn't Statius's and Vesta's set, all these ancient armours is for PK'ing ?

Melee bossing gear: http://prntscr.com/9jvlmh
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:03:55 pm by E P I C »

Offline Semih12125

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:07:58 pm »
Isn't Statius's and Vesta's set, all these ancient armours is for PK'ing ?

Well, yeah it is used mainly for PK but looking from the stats its a pretty good PVM gear too. Especially now, because of the ancient energy prices.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 09:12:31 pm »
Pure bad luck
Statius has more raw stats than bandos, it's impossible for raw stats to function differently on different items.
You gotta keep in mind for bossing 99% players use piety and super sets, might also be a result of different weapons.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »
How often do you find yourself eating? Ancient armours have less defense bonus than gwd sets and could cause you to eat more. Time spent eating is less time spent doing damage.
;
The following users liked this post: Mod Mary

Offline Semih12125

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 10:29:33 pm »
Pure bad luck
Statius has more raw stats than bandos, it's impossible for raw stats to function differently on different items.
You gotta keep in mind for bossing 99% players use piety and super sets, might also be a result of different weapons.

I use piety aswell, z brew, s att and s def (Yes, I drink the z brew first then the other 2). I use ZS, other people use ZS but somehow they manage to do more damage every kill then me with medium end gear. I know higher the stats doesn't grant me a kill every attempt, but you'd expect some kills against someone who has allot lower stats then you?

How often do you find yourself eating? Ancient armours have less defense bonus than gwd sets and could cause you to eat more. Time spent eating is less time spent doing damage.

I don't eat quiet allot, I mainly eat while i hit the boss to avoid the animation.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 10:51:53 pm »
I don't eat quiet allot, I mainly eat while i hit the boss to avoid the animation.
There's your problem, that still delays your hits.
;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 11:44:35 pm »

Yeah stop safing

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Degtukai

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »
-I don't think you got the point here. Statius has almost twice as better attack and strenght bounus than bandos/3rd age which means is SHOULD hit more often than 3rd age/bandos. Statius can't even keep up to the damage done by them. Dosen't really matter what weapon you use, zs or anger, statius/vesta can be outdamaged by 3rd, bandos and even dragon armor easily. It has nothing to do with eating.

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 03:06:13 pm »
Then what do you think it is? Cause raw stats do not have different effects on different pieces of armor...

Offline Semih12125

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:57 pm »
Then what do you think it is? Cause raw stats do not have different effects on different pieces of armor...

So, basicly you are saying that for example bronze armour can be as good as bandos, because stats dont have a real effect?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »
I don't think you got the point here. Statius has almost twice as better attack and strenght bounus than bandos/3rd age which means is SHOULD hit more often than 3rd age/bandos. Statius can't even keep up to the damage done by them. Dosen't really matter what weapon you use, zs or anger, statius/vesta can be outdamaged by 3rd, bandos and even dragon armor easily. It has nothing to do with eating.
Let me make this clear; if you are eating like he does it delays the speed at which you are attacking. You will be hitting less times than that guy in 3rd age. The difference between 3rd age and statius isn't similar to the difference between bandos and bronze; they aren't that far apart. If you are literally getting less hits in you can easily be outdpsed.

Almost twice the attack & strength bonus? You're off by a lot there on the attack bonus there. It does have twice the strength bonus, but it's pretty far below double the attack bonus. Bandos chestplate & tassets are 11 melee attack bonus lower than statius plate & legs. Bandos and statius helm have equal offensive stats. Sure that's better, but it doesn't guarrantee you'll outdps someone, especially if you're constantly eating.

So, basicly you are saying that for example bronze armour can be as good as bandos, because stats dont have a real effect?
That's not at all what she's saying. She's saying that the raw stats you get from armour don't have any different effects depending on the armour they're coming from. Whether you get your attack bonus from a bandos helmet or a statius helmet won't matter, if that attack bonus is the same it has the same effect.

;

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:11 pm »
Statius has a higher bonus in all offensive aspects than bandos, and will deal more dps

Both were recorded without prayer or pot buffs and 99 stats.

Pages: 1