The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
Slayer tasks in wild
« on: December 31, 2015, 12:43:48 am »
Hello!

I am very frustrated about slayer tasks being in wild or player killing zone, im not any kind of PKer or staker, I don't like killing other people etc.  I'm just not good at it and being just pure PVM player it is realy frustrating that if you want to get your slayer task done you realy have to kill other people or get killed. I just want to get separated from PK and stake as much as possible (Can't even stand it being close to wild at all). I know i can cancel the tasks etc. but no, i want to get them all done, but not just in wild, maybe just get some monsters out whom i need to kill in wild. Problem is, as im not pker or staker, i don't have a lot of money to spend and by that dying with even few million gear coins is very bad for me.
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer tasks in wild
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:04:14 am »
If you don't like the task in the wild use the slayer master in Edgeville (Vannaka), he assigns less task than the slayer master in Burthrope (Duradel) does. The hardest task aren't meant to be only accomplished by players with top stats and top gear because they also offer the best reward from loots.

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:33:48 am »
This server forces me goin wild, doesn't it...?

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 02:07:14 am »
This server forces me goin wild, doesn't it...?
If you use the slayer master in Burthrope yes, you will most likely end up in the wilderness.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 02:16:25 am »
get another slayer task for 1000 sp?

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 04:26:27 am »
Your frustration is definitely something I have had to deal with.

I myself dislike doing tasks in the wilderness quite a lot as well. The risk of getting killed for your gear tramples the benefits of the actual task in most cases. I have not had trouble with them though, there are plenty of ways of avoiding wilderness tasks. I understand you want to get them done, but you aren't Hannah Montana so you won't get the best of both worlds. I'll still have my little rant about what you can do about them.

1. Getting an easy task from Chaeldar - The no-cost option, just has you kill something that isn't as rewarding. Definitely a good alternative to wildy tasks.
2. Cancelling your task for 1k sp - While expensive, this is roughly what you get from one task from duradel. The number of non-wildy tasks exceeds the number of wildy tasks. In theory you should be getting more slayer points than you're cancelling tasks for.
3. Vannaka - In my opinion this guy doesn't have any unsafe tasks. The exp and loot from them is still good. He does assign green dragons and ice strykewyrms. Green dragons should be killed near the corp cave, you'll only be a few steps away from a safe zone, if you don't over-eat (which you wont need to at green drags) you'll always end up safe if attacked. Ice strykewyrms are only a small walk through the wild to get to, I have yet to get killed on my way there and using something like the teleport to the agility arena makes it even easier. The agility arena also has a safezone if you go down the stairs. Vannaka works if you wanna eliminate a lot of cancelling.
4. Eliminating risks - Wildy task? Do it in the safest possible way. During late hours there won't be very many people, doing them when most people are sleeping isn't a bad idea. Cutting your trips shorter in favor of having more food when attacked on your way back is also something that'll prevent quite a few deaths. Don't forget to bring a teleport and maybe something to snare your opponent with, it'll be a lot harder to chase if he's getting snared too.
5. Gear - There are quite a lot of things that are untradable and you won't really risk losing as you can go back and pick them up. Using these is quite essential. My general rule is 4 necessary items that won't be risked as long as you don't run out of prayer, as many untradables as possible, and the rest you can go dirt cheap on.

Honestly, after nearly 80m slayer exp I can say that you're never really being forced to get into a pvp situation. Chaeldar is always there, and even if you do enter the wilderness, you can avoid a lot of it.

Avoid spectrals though, spectrals will get you killed.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:37:03 am »
Your frustration is definitely something I have had to deal with.

I myself dislike doing tasks in the wilderness quite a lot as well. The risk of getting killed for your gear tramples the benefits of the actual task in most cases. I have not had trouble with them though, there are plenty of ways of avoiding wilderness tasks. I understand you want to get them done, but you aren't Hannah Montana so you won't get the best of both worlds. I'll still have my little rant about what you can do about them.

1. Getting an easy task from Chaeldar - The no-cost option, just has you kill something that isn't as rewarding. Definitely a good alternative to wildy tasks.
2. Cancelling your task for 1k sp - While expensive, this is roughly what you get from one task from duradel. The number of non-wildy tasks exceeds the number of wildy tasks. In theory you should be getting more slayer points than you're cancelling tasks for.
3. Vannaka - In my opinion this guy doesn't have any unsafe tasks. The exp and loot from them is still good. He does assign green dragons and ice strykewyrms. Green dragons should be killed near the corp cave, you'll only be a few steps away from a safe zone, if you don't over-eat (which you wont need to at green drags) you'll always end up safe if attacked. Ice strykewyrms are only a small walk through the wild to get to, I have yet to get killed on my way there and using something like the teleport to the agility arena makes it even easier. The agility arena also has a safezone if you go down the stairs. Vannaka works if you wanna eliminate a lot of cancelling.
4. Eliminating risks - Wildy task? Do it in the safest possible way. During late hours there won't be very many people, doing them when most people are sleeping isn't a bad idea. Cutting your trips shorter in favor of having more food when attacked on your way back is also something that'll prevent quite a few deaths. Don't forget to bring a teleport and maybe something to snare your opponent with, it'll be a lot harder to chase if he's getting snared too.
5. Gear - There are quite a lot of things that are untradable and you won't really risk losing as you can go back and pick them up. Using these is quite essential. My general rule is 4 necessary items that won't be risked as long as you don't run out of prayer, as many untradables as possible, and the rest you can go dirt cheap on.

Honestly, after nearly 80m slayer exp I can say that you're never really being forced to get into a pvp situation. Chaeldar is always there, and even if you do enter the wilderness, you can avoid a lot of it.

Avoid spectrals though, spectrals will get you killed.
Enough of your Hannah Montana shit.
It's really simple.

want to do it > dont know how to do it > learn how to do it
want to do it > dont want to learn how to do it > dont do it
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, 66destroyer3, Yaz, Sir Rambo, Ledomy10, Blue Bird, Mod Mary

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 01:59:30 pm »
Then do those tasks with superlow risk gear like full guthans, when I pk at spectrals I only kill the people who are dumb enough to risk alot.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 02:13:27 pm »
Then do those tasks with superlow risk gear like full guthans, when I pk at spectrals I only kill the people who are dumb enough to risk alot.

You can think that in 2 ways. I personally like to take 3rd age mage + ely for 400+ magic defense. Ain't nobody teleblocking or freezing me through that.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 02:19:02 pm »

You can think that in 2 ways. I personally like to take 3rd age mage + ely for 400+ magic defense. Ain't nobody teleblocking or freezing me through that.
Majority of the people who kill spectrals don't have that big of a bank tho :P

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 02:53:11 pm »

Majority of the people who kill spectrals don't have that big of a bank tho :P

ye cuz people go yolo stake their whole bank after they get a z staff lol

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 09:06:54 am »
Once you get killed enough times in the wilderness by Pkers, you learn how to escape like a pro. It comes with experience.

Live and learn.

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 09:34:34 am »
Once you get killed enough times in the wilderness by Pkers, you learn how to escape like a pro. It comes with experience.

Live and learn.
I'm all free to give you that experience my friend, time and place, I'm always ready =]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:51:20 am by Yaz »

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 01:15:00 pm »

Live and learn.
I'm all free to give you that experience my friend, time and place, I'm always ready =]
The following users liked this post: Mod Mary

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »
Just grab good range gear and magers cant hurt you..
Pages: 1 2