The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Saradomin brews
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:16:30 pm »
I like the effect of boosting the max health % but the healthbar also changes when using saradomin brews. Your healthbar will turn orange at 54 health without having a saradomin brew active, with saradomin brew active it is about 61 health where your healthbar turns orange.
This causes people to abuse saradomin brews to be able to safe at +-60 health without the enemy noticing it.

I strongly believe that we should change the way saradomin brews influences your health bar so that pking isn't just a safing fest where you just wait for random high specs.

Please make it like it used to be, also adding a new type of fish which would be slighty better then manta ray wouldn't hurt either.

TL;DR: Revert the way the healthbar gets influenced by saradomin brews like before, not remove the effect itself but only the visual effect in the health bar.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Yaz, Ledomy10

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: Saradomin brews
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 05:42:05 pm »
I made one about this somewhere

I strongly agree as well

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Big Boy

• Liked: 82 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perm banned without valid proof. Kek.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:15:48 pm »
Agree, the hp bar is misleading in the wilderness. This cause you to think your opponent is low in hp and but really he's not.

The past is just the past, life moves on.
The following users liked this post: Yaz

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »
I'm all for being able too see if your opponent is using brews or not. However the reasoning for it is a bit meh, safing isn't really something I would use as a reasoning. You can down people from pretty much any hp with a well timed combo. The reasoning should be to make it more visible what you're dealing with. A bright yellow colour for a hp bar above 99 would be a good solution. You'd be able to see if your opponent is brewed or not, which is the only thing that really needs to be changed.

As for new foods, I suggested tuna potatoes a while ago. It would fit in nicely with the few farming updates.
;

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:20:52 pm »
I'm for both of your suggestions here, Arjen.

I imagine it to be a pain, so I'll agree.

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 10:55:13 pm »
Should be on suggestions and ideas but jeah it's already here. I defenitely agree on this one, Rocktails would be nicey. Would be a new fish to catch aswell.
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:01:03 am »
More opinions guys come on, don't let me down.

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:33:25 am »
I'll discuss with thomy if the orange overflow hp bar is a possibility (new sprites) @ charrs possible solution.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 10:38:53 am »
I'll discuss with thomy if the orange overflow hp bar is a possibility (new sprites) @ charrs possible solution.
Thank you.

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 01:27:06 pm »
I assume Spectral's HP Boost would therefore behave like these suggestions as well?

Mary

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 02:03:33 pm »
I assume Spectral's HP Boost would therefore behave like these suggestions as well?
Here

Game UI
  • Orange hp bar (new sprites) for every overflow of hp points over your hp level (spectral spirit shield/s brews).

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »
Here

Game UI
  • Orange hp bar (new sprites) for every overflow of hp points over your hp level (spectral spirit shield/s brews).
Ah, my bad. Must've missed it when I skimmed.
I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 08:41:26 am »
I'm all for being able too see if your opponent is using brews or not. However the reasoning for it is a bit meh, safing isn't really something I would use as a reasoning. You can down people from pretty much any hp with a well timed combo. The reasoning should be to make it more visible what you're dealing with. A bright yellow colour for a hp bar above 99 would be a good solution. You'd be able to see if your opponent is brewed or not, which is the only thing that really needs to be changed.

As for new foods, I suggested tuna potatoes a while ago. It would fit in nicely with the few farming updates.
"It's a wilderness"

I refuse to accept an Update like this, where your moves in wilderness become visible. It would be as annoying as people in wilderness who use the same gear as you askng "what spec weapon do you have?" .. and if you have a stronger weapon like ags and the enemy has a zs they wont fight.

Point: I think making it visible to others if you brew or not just downgrades the whole pk, alot of pkers will be "wow you sbrew> and they run" and yes that is what happens.
Same shit with super str pots, that doesn't happen as often but it does happen. I think making it visible to others if you sbrew just gives noobs another reason to safe or bitch.

My view towards the actual point of the topic: People who want it removed the most were people who used it in the first place without even me or the large number of pkers knowing it, now that most of the active pkers and high riskers use it there's suddenly a problem. I don't eally see that problem, EVERYONE uses sbrew regardless, I just accept it and eat at the same health as my enemy. If he decides to safe I safe too.

Also the sbrew+food combo is more powerful than the health bar illusion. Noobs who don't use sbrew probably can't afford it or feel like it's a waste, not my fault for investing in more pots tbh.

/ I never seen a huge gap in pkers, people who pk more active use the brews. And random pkers who risk 5-10m don't. It's not like pkers have an huge advantage anymore at this point, cause everybody knows what sbrew is and does by now.

I think at this point almost everyone using that sbrew health bar illusion it doesn't even matter if it will be removed or not, the wild stays the same. If you want to remove it then go ahead, Im not saying it's a bad idea.

I just feel like häving everyone use that advantage is same as no1 using it, u feel m3?

Game UI
•Orange hp bar (new sprites) for every overflow of hp points over your hp level (spectral spirit shield/s brews).

I strongly disagree, we don't need that shit in pk. Keep it fucking simple. You probably want it for pvm or whaever, but in wilderness it's just something that we don't need.

> health bar is all we need, for crying out loud change the sbrew health back like Freestuff suggested, don't add pointless features trying to balance it. It will be more annoying than the originaal sbrew problem.

Simplcity in wilderness is what I like, it's already in every pkers head to know enemys health just looking at the bar, and knowing what to do at what health shown from their healthbar.
You can easily reconize a sbrewer just from first 2-3 hits, you do not need a bar to confirm it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:54:46 am by Drugs »
Pages: 1