The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Zachera

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rune essence
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:11:00 am »
Rune essence are so inflated, it's ridiculous. They are currently selling for 2-3K ea, yet Nature runes are less than 1K ea... please make the Rune essence mine easier, the price is way too damn high and nobody is mining there...
Emps-Scape died a long time ago. Nowadays I play Old School RuneScape.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rune essence
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:45:31 am »
Moved to feedback

OT: you get 4 nature runes per rune ess, effectively still making a profit. What people usually do is superheat rune ess immediately into astrals at the rune ess mine, which is a small cause of the small supply of rune ess. However ofcourse you can still commission your regular noob to work ess for you :)
(emps world has a higher divided group of noobs-higher players than scape had due to the easier leveling and the high amount of veteran players, also lots of newer players adopted the annoying habit to beg at GE instead of work ess, both also causes for most low resource supplies)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:52:12 am by Mod Mary »

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Zachera

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:53:31 am »
OT: you get 4 nature runes per rune ess, effectively still making a profit. What people usually do is superheat rune ess immediately into astrals at the rune ess mine, which is a small cause of the small supply of rune ess. However ofcourse you can still commission your regular noob to work ess for you :)
(emps world has a higher divided group of noobs-higher players than scape had due to the easier leveling and the high amount of veteran players, also lots of newer players adopted the annoying habit to beg at GE instead of work ess, both also causes for most low resource supplies)
You make 4x at lvl 99 though

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:13:53 am »
Still 1-2k, still at least double your money with death runes. I'd say the ess mine is fine as it is. They've simply gone up due to the fact that people refuse to mine it, as there are better and more fun ways of earning money. The rune market isn't as alive as it was in scape simply due to the fact that magic is being used less.

Getting ess doesn't need to be made easier.
;

Offline Zachera

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 02:19:01 am »
Still 1-2k, still at least double your money with death runes. I'd say the ess mine is fine as it is. They've simply gone up due to the fact that people refuse to mine it, as there are better and more fun ways of earning money. The rune market isn't as alive as it was in scape simply due to the fact that magic is being used less.

Getting ess doesn't need to be made easier.
why is Magic being used less?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 02:34:16 am »
A few notable things:
  • Ice barrage is being used less due to:
    -Splashing a lot, being unreliable
    -No longer in the same spellbook as veng, pures neglect it almost completely
  • Runes not being used
    -Most high level staves have a chance to save runes on cast
    -Rod of ivandis and zuriel's staff don't use runes
  • Alternative training methods
    -Pest control can be used to gain good amounts of exp without the need for runes
    -Dfs spec, though small, still provides a way to train magic without runes
  • Lower population
    -Less players means less people using magic
    -Technically more runes available per player through the rune shop
Magic does have it's uses; blood barrage is probably the best thing to solo GWD with, alching gets you a ton of money, veng is a really nice thing to have in pvp. However that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a large market for runes. If we want the rune market to come back to it's former glory we'll have to figure out a way to get people to use more runes.
;

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 06:20:45 am »
No nub wants to mine rune essence. They find it easier and a lot faster to make vial of water for money and other stuffs. And who buys Rune Essence??...Only the high magic level players buys them to train runecrafting or make money out of runecrafting. And what happen when rune essence price increase... and magic runes became dirt cheap (blood in ge is 507gp each.. Cheaper than it is in shop) Well No one wants to buy rune essence therefore nubs don't even want to mine rune essence even more.

"Keep in mind that no rusher came to wilderness without ice barrage runes."

Perhaps make other good method of money making to as boring and long as mining rune essences or make rune essences as productive as other method.

In the meantime, Please do something about Rune Essence price increasing to a ridiculous amount.

Offline Jandar

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 07:08:21 am »
A few notable things:
  • Ice barrage is being used less due to:
    -Splashing a lot, being unreliable
    -No longer in the same spellbook as veng, pures neglect it almost completely
  • Runes not being used
    -Most high level staves have a chance to save runes on cast
    -Rod of ivandis and zuriel's staff don't use runes
  • Alternative training methods
    -Pest control can be used to gain good amounts of exp without the need for runes
    -Dfs spec, though small, still provides a way to train magic without runes
  • Lower population
    -Less players means less people using magic
    -Technically more runes available per player through the rune shop
Magic does have it's uses; blood barrage is probably the best thing to solo GWD with, alching gets you a ton of money, veng is a really nice thing to have in pvp. However that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a large market for runes. If we want the rune market to come back to it's former glory we'll have to figure out a way to get people to use more runes.

I personally believe that the rune shop played a big role in the game which leads to magic runes from players can not be sold at any higher price than it is in shop or not at all. This leads to rune essence being mine less and its price increasing and no one wants to buy them for such a high price because after they make it into magic runes, it can not be sold . To fix this, I think Thomy will have to reduce the shop regenerate rate and the amount of runes in the shop. Then maybe rune essences and runecrafting will become a money making again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:01:57 am by Jandar »

Offline Lolys2

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mining stars since september 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 08:55:55 am »
To fix this, I think Thomy will have to reduce the shop regenerate rate and the amount of runes in the shop.
Yes, I think this is the right way to solve this problem.

Mining stars since september 2014.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 02:09:55 pm »
To fix this, I think Thomy will have to reduce the shop regenerate rate and the amount of runes in the shop
Limiting the accessability of basic runes would make it more annoying to start off with magic, not a good solution. Runes just need to be used more.
;

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 02:25:06 pm »
The biggest cause of this would be, I say, the chance to save runes on cast. Many players do not realize staves do this, and still come out with about a third less runes needed. Ofcourse the increased xp gains also play 50% part because many players train on double xp. Compared to scape you only need ~35% of the runes to train magic.

Offline Lolys2

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mining stars since september 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 02:34:16 pm »
To fix this, I think Thomy will have to reduce the shop regenerate rate and the amount of runes in the shop
Limiting the accessability of basic runes would make it more annoying to start off with magic, not a good solution. Runes just need to be used more.

Hmm, I don't think it will be a problem Charr. Even now there are always basic runes available, so if we halve the amount of runes, there will be still loads of it in the shop. I think that only death runes and blood runes (and maybe chaos runes too) are the problem here. When I played Emps-Scape years ago, I always saw magic as an elite skill, for the rich people. I remember that I stood hours and hours at the magic shop, hopping from world to world to buy all the death, blood and chaos runes. Magic was a bussiness on his own. Nowadays, even the noobs can get 90 magic pretty easy.
Now you can just go from 90-99 magic in a few hours with all those double xp weekends and brawling gloves. That just doesn't feel right to me. Magic has to be a tough, expensive and exciting again; like it was on Emps-Scape.

Mining stars since september 2014.

Offline Jandar

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »

-.- I start off with the runes i got from the very start of my journey on emps here. Every new account will have lots of runes to start off already. So I think Thomy really should reduce the regenerate rate and the runes in the shop. I am sorry if you did not realize the problem here @Charr but please do know that you and yourself only is debating against three players whose want/currently in the rune market business.

I want to hear the owner's opinion on this or someone that can manipulate the game.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Offline Mod Mary

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »
I'll take a look at reducing the quantity and the availability of some types of runes in the rune shops.

Offline Zachera

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 11:33:48 am »
The biggest cause of this would be, I say, the chance to save runes on cast. Many players do not realize staves do this, and still come out with about a third less runes needed. Ofcourse the increased xp gains also play 50% part because many players train on double xp. Compared to scape you only need ~35% of the runes to train magic.
Mary, the problem is that people have no incentives to do runecrafting because there are staves that make runes unnecessary, so therefore people are no longer interested in buying Rune essence, which leads to inflation of the price. By having a 'chance to save runes on cast' would only worsen the problem.

You need to figure out a way to 'sink' runes, i.e. take them out of the game, similar to how a gold sink takes GP out of the game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:37:44 am by Zachera »
Pages: 1 2