The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Protection prayer update
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:11:37 pm »
The whole idea of changing protection prayers so that they only work properly on monster that have max hit of 25 or less is really silly in my opinion, because they hit so low that no protection is needed. In addition to that, some monsters have become extremely cancerous to kill.

• Corp hits like a freaking truck on the second phase. It attacks with 2 combat styles, IMO it would only be fair if the protection prayers were more effective against it.
  • In GWD, you are constantly being attacked by all the 3 different combat styles by the boss and the minions. Now you cannot even protect yourself from a single style. Kree'arra for example hits 54 with range and magic and ~33 with melee. Then add the 20s the minions can hit to that.
  • In barrows, Verac's special ability is to hit through prayer. IMO that would suggest that the rest of the 6 brother shouldn't be able to do so. Currently Dharok actually hits higher than Verac through prayer.
  • King Black Dragon is a boss that's meant for players who don't yet have the best gear in the game. Now REGULAR black dragons hit through prayer in addition to what KBD can hit. He's ridiculously hard to kill when compared to what junk he actually drops.
  • Brutal green and Mithril dragons both have a melee maxhit of 59 and are also able to hit 30s with magic. They're just a pain in the ass to kill and leave no other option than kill them with range or mage.

The change should had only been made to monsters at which only 60% damage reduction would had made sense, like high-level monsters that only hit with a single combat style.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:16:59 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Ironman 506

Mary

Re: Protection prayer update
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:16:04 pm »
It's buffed to 80% for the next update

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:19:33 pm »

Still stupid. We don't have reliable passive sources of healing like RS3 has where this system would actually work. Also the maxhit thing should be changed from 25 to at least 35 so black dragons and demons wouldn't hit through melee prayer.

These shitty changes are the reason why nobody joins this game. We got 151 player peak thanks to the ironman hype and now we're back to being dead again. PKing was already killed. I see you're ''finally'' branching out to PvM.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:32:53 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Mary

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 03:52:50 pm »

Still stupid. We don't have reliable passive sources of healing like RS3 has where this system would actually work. Also the maxhit thing should be changed from 25 to at least 35 so black dragons and demons wouldn't hit through melee prayer.

These shitty changes are the reason why nobody joins this game. We got 151 player peak thanks to the ironman hype and now we're back to being dead again. PKing was already killed. I see you're ''finally'' branching out to PvM.
i didn't do shit, blame thomy XD

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »
I 100% agree with you. It was fine as it was before the update. First they made bosses stronger and now this. Rip PvM :(

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »
I don't know what you are talking about honestly, it's already fine as it is, last time I went to kill corp I managed 5 kills each trip, which is the average kills before the "making pvm a challenge " update.
I still think it might need some adjusting though, because it was pretty annoying.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »
I don't know what you are talking about honestly, it's already fine as it is, last time I went to kill corp I managed 5 kills each trip, which is the average kills before the "making pvm a challenge " update.
I still think it might need some adjusting though, because it was pretty annoying.

I am not talking about the make PvM harder update. I'm talking about the update on 4th of July that reworked the protection prayers to only fully work on monsters, which have maxhit of less than 25. The damage of monster with max hit higher than 25 only gets reduced by 60%.

When did you still manage to get 5 kills a trip at corp? And more importantly, did you safespot it with range? I personally managed to get absolute maximum of 3 kills a trip using full statius, arcane, elemental whip, and rest of the best-in-slot melee gear. I aldo used SWH's defense reducing special attack. Most of the trips were 2 kills a trip. During worst kills take first phase could take up to 8 mantas.

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:17:57 pm »
I tried again today, and realized that this is complete whoreshit, I could only get 4 kills max >:( in a certain trip, well that was because I probably lucked out this time... hoooooly shit this is really bad, you will end up losing supplies for 2 kills a trip, which is goddamn shitty.
as corp is supposed to be hard right, but KBD, fking KBD that triple cow head is fucking op man >:( I could only kill him twice in my alt, I used to kill him 13+ times.
in other words it happened that I am supporting someone12116's feedback.
#makeempsgreatagain.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Tomtim1

Offline Rockmanexe

• Liked: 21 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 11:14:14 am »
And this actually promotes staking somehow, I mean it becomes convenient not to pvm and go for easier money, or some thing like that.

thanks so much fate-kun

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 07:27:55 pm »
This should be updated as soon as possible !

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 07:42:34 am »
Monsters always used to have multiple combat styles and protection prayers never gave 100% protection from a combat style. As already mentioned in this post, protection prayers will go up to 80% protection, which nullifies a lot of the incoming damage. Moreover, dragonfire was also changed with the last update, that's Imo the reason for KBD being really strong right now. I'll adjust its hits a little bit and that should be fine.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 03:03:49 pm »
Monsters always used to have multiple combat styles and protection prayers never gave 100% protection from a combat style. As already mentioned in this post, protection prayers will go up to 80% protection, which nullifies a lot of the incoming damage. Moreover, dragonfire was also changed with the last update, that's Imo the reason for KBD being really strong right now. I'll adjust its hits a little bit and that should be fine.

About that dragonfire, yeah... Frosts hit 40+ through anti-dragon shield. Even anti-dragon + mage protect wasn't enough to fully protect the damage.

I still think that protection prayers not fully working on REGULAR monsters is stupid. Black dragons have always been an absolute pain in the ass, now they're an even bigger pain. And actually, protection prayers in GWD did work properly before the update. There's no point in changing that unless shit like soulsplit, scrimshaws and auras are added to provide players with passive healing. And you know that would kill the rest of what is left of this game. The game is turning more and more into Safe-Spot Onyx Bolt and Blood Barrage Scape than anything else. That's simply proven by everything hitting me through protection prayers, 300+ defense bonus, piety and super defense potion like I was in full bronze.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 03:09:05 pm »
Do protection prayers protect fully inside fight caves?

Mary

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 09:40:19 pm »
>post topic about future protection prayer and dragonfire change nobody replies
>gets updated otto posts a dozen posts

ye full protection against jad monsters or it would be impossible to solo in emps
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:41:58 pm by Mary »
The following users liked this post: Magecrune

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:07 am »
>post topic about future protection prayer and dragonfire change nobody replies
>gets updated otto posts a dozen posts

ye full protection against jad monsters or it would be impossible to solo in emps
Well, I've expected that dragons are going to be stronger, but not the whole monsters gets harder which make soloing bosses less fun that it used to be.

This should be re-worked on, and you should take my feedback on your post serious

This is totally not a bad feature if it comes since it'll make dragons much stronger and hard to solo and a trip to kill monsters would require more food.
the bad thing is a lot of players would stop to training them, because of 'it'll be worth to kill dragons anymore?'
This was the droptable of the blue dragon http://i.imgur.com/cQx2XUo.png
Now it has been sinked and been changed to be much less profit, so for what you're going to do this issue must be considered and must be balanced.

The hit of a dragon should be also dependent on the armour that the players, it's not logic that the hit will only depend if you wear a dfs or not, wearing a better defence bonuses armour should be effective on the hit, not only on the accuracy of the hit.

Good luck fixing the game.
Pages: 1 2