The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Prayers & Boss Feedback
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:38:17 pm »
I have done a little bit of slayer lately and solo killed almost all bosses.

Please take into account that prayers will get nerfed abit, so you will be able to get less kills per trip.

At first, I used magic or ranged against all bosses because melee is totally overrated and requires more ressources. Pretty much all bosses with only 2 attack styles became afk-able except the GWD bosses because of them being able to move through units.

KBD: using antidragon/dfs/anti fire potion and magic pray are enough to kill 10+ per trip. Given the fact that it should be the weakest boss and prayer nerfs incoming, he is at a pretty good state except making the visage drop rate more common sounds reasonable.

Chaos Elemental: Nearly everyone uses magic/range to kill this monster and I was able to kill 1 ele every 10-25 hp loss and stopped after my slayer task was done. I think she could get a small buff in form of a prayer draining ability. Dragon boots should be removed from the drop table and the god capes should be more common. I also think chaos ele should only drop magic based items. Elemental bow will swapped with elemental staff and more rune drops (especially death and nature runes) should get added to her drop table (e.g. 100-250 air, water, earth or fire runes as always drops + one item of the other drop table).

Kalphite Queen: By far the most balanced monster (ability wise). You need to react to her attack animations in order to switch prayers accordingly. She has a slow magic attack that drains prayer and a fast ranging attack which catches you off-guard sometimes. I do not know how her attacks work when facing a team, but I think that her magic and range attacks should be aoe. Additionally her anti prayers need to be buffed so people will be kinda forced to take two combat styles in order to be efficient. Of course she would need an additional juicy reward (elite clue scrolls maybe?) to give her the attention she deserves.

Chronozon: This boss is another boss that can be killed while being afk. The only reason he is killed is for his great slayer xp and the bars that are seeked by ironmen. Other than that, he is a very poor boss - item and ability wise. His bouncers do nothing because all players pray against magic attacks. Even though he is afkable it takes quite some time to kill him because of his high hp.  I would buff him the following way: All bouncers will have 20 hp. The attacks of them drain 2 prayer points with a 33% chance. You will run out prayer pretty quick if you ignore them. With the prayers nerfs, he will also deal like 10-12 damage through pray like every 2 hits. You will be able to kill 1-2 chronozons per solo trip instead of 5-6. To reward players and make him more attractive he needs a full rework of his drop table.

Corporeal Beast: If you afk this boss, you can kill him 3-6 times per solo trip. If you dont afk him, you can kill 8-15. The strongest monster (combat wise) should not be one of the easiest bosses to kill while having the best shields in the game (even though they are also lackluster). This boss needs to be deadly. The thing that I would change about him is to make his aoe damage being able to ignore prayers and it should hit up to 70. Another thing that can be changed is how often the boss does this attack. The lower his hp gets, the more often he should use his spirit wave and the amount of "danger zones" should be increased as well to make sure that people just dont move one step aside to dodge the ability, but are literally forced to get their asses out of the danger zone by running miles. Same as the KQ, the anti prayers would need to get a serious buff so people take 2 combat styles to beat the boss. Additionally, his normal magic attack should turn of the prayers. As a compensation the shields would need some kind of buff sooner or later. Too bad, that bosses like this one who had so much potential and "good" drops were implented with the difficulty of goblins in the first way...

Smoke Demon Champion: This is one of the bosses that has been consistently very strong and he deserves the title of being the strongest emps boss. I used the best way to kill him by blocking him at the wall to make sure I do not have to deal with his strong melee attacks and I still lost quite abit hp because of the consistant damage he does through prayer. If you mess up the bodyblock, you will need to deal with his minions as well, which can cost you your life sometimes.There is nothing I would change about this boss except his drop table which is complete garbage. I would remove everything except the chest key, the barrow gloves, the hasta, the cash and the rod of ivandis. I would add a completed steel key ring (untradable), which would be as rare as rod. Other possible items could be noted mantas as a common drop and various other noted supplies.

Commander Zilyana: At first, the wiki information is wrong and Zil forgot how to use her magic attack. But that is okay because her melee attacks hit 70+ if not protected. I was able to kill her once with couple food left, but I would be able to kill her 2-3 times, if I had better food.
Her minions are quite annoying (which is good) and I would suggest teams to kill minions first because they do not spawn until the boss is dead. Unfortunately her drops are not very appealing to some ironmen making her a boss to skip for many people.

K'ril Tsusaroth: This guy is the 2nd strongest boss I have fought (after SDC) and it is not because of his damage which is balanced because of the minions also dealing melee and magic damage. What makes this boss so difficult to beat is his fast magic attack. You got less than a second to wait for the animation to switch your prayers and he will fight you in melee range (moves through minions) resulting in his magic attack reaching you in less than a second as well. The biggest problem is the delay of your prayer switching which is the reason why this boss is so hard to beat.

I did not try to kill General Graardor or Kree'Arra yet.

The second part of this feedback is about activating prayers and switching prayers during combat.

I have the feeling that prayers need abit too long to get activated. I do not know how much the delay is but I think they should be active as soon as you click on them resulting in you being able to absorb damage, that is literally about to hit you.

And is there a chance to get quick prayers? They are not that hard to add and many people will benefit from it.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:17:26 pm by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Kaarel 123, Cjkinsey6
Pages: 1