The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Player Chosen Updates - Discussion
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:57:03 pm »
Hey guys,

Since the last discussion thread was really cool and informative, I'll start another one. This one is going to be a bit longer, so please take your time to read through it.

It's no big secret that RSPS have a little decline in players. We don't feel this too much in Emps-World, but it's also there. The player counter is a really bad reference, because our daily unique user counter is much stabler! So no worries, there's not a lot less people playing, but people play less often. We still peek at 400 unique daily logins! I've also seen a lot of new usernames around, looks like Facebook and Google Ads are working out. ;) Anyway, I'd still like to get us in a more popular state and I don't think this is going to happen through the RSPS community... emps is kinda going its own direction with many many customizations.

Sooo... what would you like to see in the game? What do you think that new/old players dislike about the game? What features would you add and what thing would you change?

I've not talked too much about Emps-Script yet, but there would be the possibility that the community could design quests / game interactions. Some parts of the game are already written in Emps-Script: The tutorial, Obsidian Terror quest, Clue scroll dialogues, pet dialogues, Construction dialogues and shops, etc. So this is going to be used a lot more in the future. I was already planning to make Emps-Script public in the past but kinda lost track of it and developed other things. So, would you like to make your own Emps-Script code and run it in the live game? This would all happen in world 3! I know that the answer to this is going to be a definite yes, but it's also going to be a lot of work to get it into a ready state. Nonetheless, thoughts on that? Would you enjoy to see the community also deliver content?

As always, keep it nice and simple. No flaming and be nice! :D Excited to hear your opinions.

All the best,
Thomy

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Player Chosen Updates - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »
pking needs to be fixed somehow, it's awful at the moment.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:01:19 pm »
pking needs to be fixed somehow, it's awful at the moment.

I've already got an accuracy calculation update ready - copied OSRS formulas. Looked really good in the test world. Way less 0s during player fights. What else is wrong with it, how could it be improved?

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:38 pm »
What is emps-script and how it works? I feel like it's for people with coding skills that I don't have but I'd still like to know ::)

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »
What is emps-script and how it works? I feel like it's for people with coding skills that I don't have but I'd still like to know ::)
Like this guide Mary wrote Here, this one is quite outdated though.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 07:07:52 pm »

Tutorial fisherman example:
Code: [Select]
[tut_fisherman_show_raw_shrimps]
plr
hasItem(303)
hasItem(317)
"Here are the shrimps." | tut_fisherman_has_shrimps
else
"I still have to catch some @dre@Shrimps@bla@."
else
"I think I've lost the fishing net..." | tut_fisherman_give_another_net

It's not very advanced, but lots of simple game interactions can be done with it. :)
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:45 pm »
Like this guide Mary wrote Here, this one is quite outdated though.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=15633.msg123252#msg123252

This pls
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Kaner, Il Skill L, Bluestorm

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:31 pm »
Finish emps script, it has the potential to create a massive amount of content and save you a massive amount of time creating quests (of course you'd still have to check the code, but you wouldn't have to spend time coming up with a concept of it). A lot of people like quests and it would definitely get people to spend more time in the game despite it being one time content.

Clan chats; please give us the tools to create and manage clans properly ingame. A system similar to RS3's clans would be amazing, and yes, that includes clan capes. I get that it may not be utilized a lot from the getgo, but clans can be a huge aid in growing. People are generally more prone to being active if they're in a clan as they'll have people to spend time with.

Daily tasks need to be looked at. They're okay but they could vastly be improved upon. I might write out a topic about it, not going to do it here.

Old content needs to be reworked so that it's either relevant or at the very least not an absolute pain to do if you need to. Looking at you, agility, thieving, runecrafting and maybe the early-mid levels of hunter. Adding functionality to content, even if it only appeals to a certain kind of player, is a good thing and should be done more. Can write topics for this if necessary, will keep it short(er) here.

I wouldn't want you to do summoning before you've had a look at the entire combat system, PvP and PvM as a whole and made sure that summoning doesn't trivialize everything. It's vital to how well recieved the skill will be. Honestly I wouldn't mind if you delayed it for a long time.

Comp cape. Both untrimmed and trimmed.

Polling things is alright, but make sure people can't spam vote. You'd do this by adding a requirement to voting (being maxed/member would work, could have votes only count if people add their reasoning for the vote as well).

That's all, for now.
;
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Kaner

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:46:41 am »
Clan chats; please give us the tools to create and manage clans properly ingame. A system similar to RS3's clans would be amazing, and yes, that includes clan capes. I get that it may not be utilized a lot from the getgo, but clans can be a huge aid in growing. People are generally more prone to being active if they're in a clan as they'll have people to spend time with.

That's something I would like to see, it's much better to play with team/clan than alone.

I wouldn't want you to do summoning before you've had a look at the entire combat system, PvP and PvM as a whole and made sure that summoning doesn't trivialize everything. It's vital to how well recieved the skill will be. Honestly I wouldn't mind if you delayed it for a long time.
Charms should be tradeable, but this probably is not very popular statement so please no :salt:.

For my suggestion, I would add simply this: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19593.msg153334#new
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:22:09 am »
Charms should be tradeable, but this probably is not very popular statement so please no :salt:.

Would ruin the point, unless the XP rates were made slower than those in RS by A LOT. You can get like 7M xp/h in RS as it is if you have the charms ready lol

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:27:07 am »

Would ruin the point, unless the XP rates were made slower than those in RS by A LOT. You can get like 7M xp/h in RS as it is if you have the charms ready lol
Thomy mentioned the main method of gaining exp would be through combat so yeah.
;

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:36:16 am »
Old content needs to be reworked so that it's either relevant or at the very least not an absolute pain to do if you need to. Looking at you, agility, thieving, runecrafting and maybe the early-mid levels of hunter. Adding functionality to content, even if it only appeals to a certain kind of player, is a good thing and should be done more. Can write topics for this if necessary, will keep it short(er) here.
That's all, for now.

Personally I would like to see farming being updated instead of any of those three skills you mentioned. I would like to see farming being more passive. Plant your stuff -> come back once they're fully grown. Remove the need to rake and water them in every grow cycle.

Agility is in a good state. Maybe gnome and advanced gnome course could be added and level requirements and recommendations updated.
Runecrafting is as it should be in my honest opinion. I don't really see what could and should be updated in it.

Thieving and pickpocketing could see some love I guess. Maybe change pickpocketing so that you only have to click once and your character will keep pickpocking until you get caught (Only at higher levels?). If this was to be changed failing chance must be increased and XP per pickpocket decreased however.
Increase the amount of gold you get per pickpocket as well so it could be used as a viable money making method as well.

Actually you can achieve nearly 20m xp/h with blue charms and Taverley method :P

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:25 am »

Actually you can achieve nearly 20m xp/h with blue charms and Taverley method :P

I wouldn't mind seeing lower exp rates if charms are tradeable, or unless combat system is reworked, currently I can't stand any minute doing combat anymore, I'd rather spend 400m on charms than do 1h of combat.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:05 am »
Personally I would like to see farming being updated instead of any of those three skills you mentioned. I would like to see farming being more passive. Plant your stuff -> come back once they're fully grown. Remove the need to rake and water them in every grow cycle
Wouldn't mind if you could pay an npc to do that yeah. Farming is in a better state than those skills however because it's not dreadfully slow exp.

Agility is in a good state. Maybe gnome and advanced gnome course could be added and level requirements and recommendations updated.
Leveling path needs to be fleshed out more and the skill itself just needs more content. The weight/run energy system gets thrown out the window completely at around level 70 which I find to be a shame.

Runecrafting is as it should be in my honest opinion. I don't really see what could and should be updated in it.
Pre-rework runecrafting was faster exp/h, less click intensive, got you more runes per ess and cost less to level. Combination runes are downright terrible exp, I would love to see them be good. I would also love to see training methods that are less intensive on essence and maybe take some runes instead, runes are dirt cheap and could use some sinks.

Thieving and pickpocketing could see some love I guess. Maybe change pickpocketing so that you only have to click once and your character will keep pickpocking until you get caught (Only at higher levels?). If this was to be changed failing chance must be increased and XP per pickpocket decreased however. Increase the amount of gold you get per pickpocket as well so it could be used as a viable money making method as well.
That click once thing is huge, but I think applying both of those nerfs is too much. The skill is already quite slow compared to other skills. I'd go with increasing the fail chance. Pyramid plunder could solve a lot of thieving's issues. I'd like to see lockpicking chests added as well.

;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 11:24:37 am »
it's not dreadfully slow exp.

>slow xp
>emps

Pick one. The XP isn't slow if you personally dont enjoy a skill lmao