The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Overloads
« on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:55 pm »
Overloads should be brought into the game in a way that they add-to exising system, not take away from it completely and force you to make potions that are pain to make.
At the moment overloads have added 0 positive aspects to the combat system, expect making such a simple aspect that potions definitely are so time consuming, for nothing better than we already had.

I have not tested every aspect of pvm, but I did some nex and overloads and definitely worse potions to bring to nex than zamorak brews were. Zamorak brews had the benefit of healing you which is way more important than having +2 boost to attack/def at the cost of -3 strenght.

Really think we had a good system for potions that should be restored to what it previously was. I get you didn't want to make overpowered potions but the system at the moment is that we have worse potions than we had, for way more struggle to make them.

I honestly disagree with any changes done to potions, we had a perfectly good system which should be restored.The fact that you need to nerf every potion so much shows that overloads are completely useless/there hasn't been much thought into why we really need them.

You essentially made overloads viable in this server by making everything else not viable.

Edit: I actually think that having old potion system, and overloads boosting even more than old potions would have been 2x better system than we have now. Maybe not have them work at pvp, I gurantee if we had that system people would not really bother making overloads to pvm because the old system is/was really good already.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:37:47 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, 123456789xd, Crusher123, Earl, Hi Im Ethan, Level Down, S Clegane

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Overloads
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »
I'll have a look at buffing potion boosts in general. Overloads going to 122 could make extremes go to 122 and supers again to 118. Thoughts?
The following users liked this post: Jp, Earl, Hi Im Ethan, Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:55:40 pm »
I get your point but I do think you're exaggerating a bit.

Overloads definitely are a step down in terms of maxhit for melee. I can't deny that, it's a fact. However, zbrews decay and overloads do not. After a minute or two your zbrew boost will drop down to 120 rather than 123. This either prevents you from having to repot every time your stats decay or saves you a fuckton of inv slots you'd waste on extra pots to drink to keep your stats up. Either way that is definitely something I would make overloads for.

You can still use brews with overloads, iirc thomy said they restore themselves back to 120 every 15 seconds. This does seem a bit clunky, maybe we could have it so that drinking a super restore immediately puts you back up to 120 after brewing down? That would be a huge improvement.

I would not be against bringing supers back to 118. It would definitely be beneficial for pkers and people that aren't at the point where they can make overloads yet.

I'll make a seperate topic on brews, was in the middle of writing it anyways.
;

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:02:26 pm »
I get your point but I do think you're exaggerating a bit.

Overloads definitely are a step down in terms of maxhit for melee. I can't deny that, it's a fact. However, zbrews decay and overloads do not. After a minute or two your zbrew boost will drop down to 120 rather than 123. This either prevents you from having to repot every time your stats decay or saves you a fuckton of inv slots you'd waste on extra pots to drink to keep your stats up. Either way that is definitely something I would make overloads for.

You can still use brews with overloads, iirc thomy said they restore themselves back to 120 every 15 seconds. This does seem a bit clunky, maybe we could have it so that drinking a super restore immediately puts you back up to 120 after brewing down? That would be a huge improvement.

I would not be against bringing supers back to 118. It would definitely be beneficial for pkers and people that aren't at the point where they can make overloads yet.

I'll make a seperate topic on brews, was in the middle of writing it anyways.
Most fights in wilderness don't last more than 1 minute to begin with, besides zamorak potions in wilderness we're used not once per fight but more; they had a mechanic that it boosts your stats and heals at the same time. (if you're 59 hp your enemy ags specs, quick way to hop up in hp and gain back potion boost at the same time)

6 minutes in pvp really doesn't mean alot, people go to have a cigarette/make coffee and afk between fights alot. I'm doing it right now typing this reply whilst someone is waiting for me in wild.
Previous system to me, was perfect.

You could have expanded on that system, that was already perfect and made it more useful for people who want 6 minutes boost.
Also @Thomy alot of pkers specifically liked the zamorak brew effect/how it was so that's something to consider.

Also atm if you combo pot with food, your stats are back down to 115 for the majority of the fight :-*
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:07:50 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »
They do add quite a bit with the renewing stats boosts so you can actually use brews as food. IMO it was absolute idiocy to nerf the super potions, though. That creates a massive cap in PKing between new and old players in terms of max hit and accuracy and makes starting PKing way less appealing.

I'll have a look at buffing potion boosts in general. Overloads going to 122 could make extremes go to 122 and supers again to 118. Thoughts?

Leave OVLs as they are unless you want to deal with another power creep complaint from PKers and buff super potions back to 118. OVLs already have a massive advantage having renewing buffs instead of draining ones. Buff brew boosts to be equal with OVL's.
The following users liked this post: Earl

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:04:15 am »
Supers and brews have been reverted, thanks.
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Crusher123, Themarfish, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:48 am »
Thank mr thomy this feels nice :pogchamp:
Pages: 1