The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Obsidian Claws and some other things
« on: July 22, 2016, 08:36:50 pm »
I am not suggesting to make them stronger damage wise or anything because I got told they are getting a buff already.

What really bothers me is the special attack. The animation and idea behind this was actually great, but the biggest problem is the range and missile speed of the special attack.

Here are the ranges of some items:

dark bow: 12 steps
god bows: 12 steps
magic spells: 9 steps
ele bow: 9 steps
magic short bow: 7 steps
obby claws: 5 steps

How it should be:

dark bow: 12 steps
god bows: 11 steps
magic spells: 11 steps
ele bow: 9 steps
magic short bow: 7 steps
obby claws: 10 steps

Magic, a skill known as casting spells from far away gets outranged by a "shortbow". It would be only natural to buff the range of magic spells to the same range as god bows, while making god bows having a shorter range than dark bows. A dark bow should always have the longest range in the game without any other item being able to compete.

Now lets talk about obsidian claws. The special effect is a nice idea. Adding a new source of damage to the weapon makes it unique and special. But there is no reason to add a long-ranged attack to it when there is no surprise effect. 5 range is the max range when using the special effect from a straight line. You will not have this situation in 90% of your fights which means your range is shortened even more.

How would i fix this? At first it should have way higher range. It is a T80 weapon with a long ranged surprise attack. So why not giving it the range of T80 items as well? The next problem is the missile speed. The "dragons breath" moves faster than your character which makes it same a player simply using a magic attack followed by a melee weapon's special attack.
What I would do is to make the missile speed slower to make your hits being able to stack. Runescape has an item like that and it is called "heavy ballista" Having the same kind of mechanic would make stacking hits possible and the granite maul (T50 item) wouldnt be the only item that could do it..

here is a short video that shows how stacking works:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:34:26 am by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Mary

Re: Obsidian Claws and some other things
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »
Interesting read, thanks for your feedback.
Pages: 1