The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Moderating ingame "thomy" clanchat
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »
I swear to god every time I ask for a price check, I get a kick and I usually do once or twice a day. Could you please stop doing this? Dear mods I'm not asking you to give me a price or demand a price from you. There are many people in the Chat who always answer to price checks so you get your average price in about 1minute.

Yes the wiki and the price list is well put to gether but the economy isn't as stable at the moment for me to check it. I ask for prices on items that has a 50% difference ingame and in price list.

https://imgur.com/qGGo8tP

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Moderating ingame "thomy" clanchat
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:52:47 pm »
Wiki died the day Mary left. Bandos is like 70M without boots nowadays. Nobody is taking the time to update the list anymore.

The recent updates have also had a major impact on prices. I have no idea why anyone would kick you for asking prices.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:55:45 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:55:20 pm »
Even more reason to not kick people from the most active cc in the game for asking for help.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »
I used to be quite strict in the chat myself and not even allow marketing in it. However, I came to my senses and then allowed it.
I have been warned not to ask for people to stake in there too; it's far too harsh.
Yet, they don't kick anyone for constantly buying/selling things in there when in fact, the CC is meant for help.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:02 pm »
I used to be quite strict in the chat myself and not even allow marketing in it. However, I came to my senses and then allowed it.
I have been warned not to ask for people to stake in there too; it's far too harsh.
Yet, they don't kick anyone for constantly buying/selling things in there when in fact, the CC is meant for help.
It's honestly so weird what they do in there.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »
It's honestly so weird what they do in there.
Most of the time, they will just direct players to the Wiki.

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:04 pm »
I don't see why asking for a pricecheck shouldn't be allowed. Sure, the staff team or other players can direct you to the pricelist, but everyone can still ask the questions he wants.

It's a really hard job to keep the pricelist up to date as most of the staff players aren't the most active pvmers, merchers, stakers, ... as we have other stuff to do as well. This means the prices aren't correct 100%. For this reason as well I don't see a single problem when you're asking for the most recent pricecheck about an item.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:07 pm »
I don't see why asking for a pricecheck shouldn't be allowed. Sure, the staff team or other players can direct you to the pricelist, but everyone can still ask the questions he wants.

It's a really hard job to keep the pricelist up to date as most of the staff players aren't the most active pvmers, merchers, stakers, ... as we have other stuff to do as well. This means the prices aren't correct 100%. For this reason as well I don't see a single problem when you're asking for the most recent pricecheck about an item.

Pricelist is on the wiki now, so players can update it as well. As I said earlier, the Wiki died the day Mary left.

Offline Joshiee

• +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 06:10:35 am »

Pricelist is on the wiki now, so players can update it as well. As I said earlier, the Wiki died the day Mary left.
The only person I know who edits it is Simon, as far as I'm aware; I haven't checked the log history in a while though. :kappa:

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 07:24:20 am »
erm, i don't think kicking someone for asking a price is necessary.
this is bulls@*t lol

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:49 am »

The pricelist is protected, it can only be edited by wiki admins.

I thought it was moved to Wiki so more people would have access to editing it ._.
Well, this isn't the first decision made by staff that makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 08:50:19 am »

The pricelist is protected, it can only be edited by wiki admins.

I thought it was moved to Wiki so more people would have access to editing it ._.
Well, this isn't the first decision made by staff that makes absolutely no sense.
My bad, I wasn't logged in on the wiki. Normal contributors can edit the pricelist. :-X

Anyways we're going off-topic.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 12:57:31 pm »
There is a clan chat specifically for selling items etc.. It's called 'Market', but is not utilized.

About the wiki, only those who have access to it can edit.

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »
Me and Vix are updating the pricelist as we speak. Be patient, it could take a while.
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Eliminator
Pages: 1