The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Minor Feedback to the Rimmington/Catherby Dungeon Mobs
« on: October 10, 2016, 06:29:19 pm »
A small hash of feedback I've been accumulating for awhile now for this dungeon. Thought I might share it just to see what everyone else's thoughts were.

Giant Champions:
It's no surprise that these mobs have more or less become extinct with the shift of Defenders and the Torso (I believe they dropped it previously, correct me if I'm wrong) to the Warrior's Guild. The Giant Champions now only drop Big Bones and Limpwurt Roots, but aside from that have no general purpose aside from another source of low-mid level training (Which I also barely see being utilized). Considering how many of these reside in the Dungeon as well results in dead content wasting, surprisingly, a lot of space in this Dungeon that could be utilized for new content, particularly new areas for mobs.

If we wish to keep Giant Champions in game, then I believe that we need to remake the Giant Champions' Drop Table, adding in more drops to not necessarily return them to a viable-to-kill state, but still making them noteworthy. Compared to the other Giants (Excluding the Cyclopes), the drops that the other Giants offer makes them way more appealing, unless you're specifically trying to acquire just Limpwurt Roots.

Also, I think we should cut down the amount of space that they take up in the Dungeon so that we could possibly fit more mobs in, allowing for more content and/or traffic to the Dungeon itself.

This first room is where we should keep the Giant Champions. This room is fairly large and houses enough spawns to not make it too cluttered, but we could possibly add in 1 or 2 more to give it a more solid amount. However, if they're too much trouble, we could simply swap them out as well for another new mob.

This second room is another large area that I believe would be a better place for a new mob. We should remove all the Giant Champions in this room and replace them with another larger mob. I personally was thinking we could stick in Green Dragons somewhere, as the Dungeon itself is more so dedicated to dragons and Green Dragons are another solid mid-level mob that possesses a solid DT, but it's debatable.

This last room is the smallest of the 3, and could be a good spot for another smaller mob. I have no suggestion as to what we could include here, but again it's debatable.

Iron/Steel Dragons (Very Minor):
This isn't anything too serious, more just a peeve of mine. The Iron and Steel Dragon spawns in the Dungeon are clumped together which makes it a pain when you want to kill one type of dragon or the other. Particularly in the room that holds 4 of them, which feels very cluttered, when compared to the other room which has only 2 but is very open, their placement feels unintentional.

Just shuffling them around to the 3 Iron Dragons in one room and the 3 Steel Dragons in the other room would fix the issue, but again, it's nothing game-breaking that "needs" to be fixed.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Jp, Bubblebeam2

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Feedback to the Rimmington/Catherby Dungeon Mobs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:20:09 pm »
Yeah I see your point with the giant champions having 1 group of them rather than 3 would be good and the green dragons I would like to see them in there but then potentially stops rushing in wildly and a lot of people may not like that, as for the third room it's not sure what to put in there and I agree with the iron and steel dragon point have 3 in one 3 in the other 🐉
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:39:53 am »
Agreed on Giant champions, they've become dead content. If they'd get noted limpwurt drops with solid droprates, then they'd actually be viable. I would only keep them in Room 1. They're wasting space elsewhere.

I'd add more blue dragons to Room 2 (perhaps 3 as well), since they're one of the most popular mid-level f2p monsters. We could put a single green dragon into room 3, so it would be possible to safely kill them, but it will be very slow compared to wildy spots. I'd like to keep them like that

Nothing against your 3+3 iron/steel suggestion.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:42:43 am »
Bronze, Iron and Steel dragon Slayer tasks too pls! :P

I do agree with replacing some of the champions with Green Dragons. This could probably help with Blues being so damn crowded most of the time if people had 2 types of dragons to choose from.

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »
Bronze, Iron and Steel dragon Slayer tasks too pls! :P

I do agree with replacing some of the champions with Green Dragons. This could probably help with Blues being so damn crowded most of the time if people had 2 types of dragons to choose from.
I almost always forget that they aren't even a slayer task. Yes, definitely would love to see them as a task because they hardly get any traffic either at the moment. Which is a shame because they too are really good mobs with solid DTs.
Possibly have Vannaka assign Bronze and Iron Dragons, and/or Duradel assign Iron and Steel Dragons?

I'd add more blue dragons to Room 2 (perhaps 3 as well), since they're one of the most popular mid-level f2p monsters. We could put a single green dragon into room 3, so it would be possible to safely kill them, but it will be very slow compared to wildy spots. I'd like to keep them like that
I feel like just 1 isn't really enough, 2 might be a bit more viable since they are fairly easy to kill. Gives lower-level players a bit more ease of access to weaker dragons if they aren't ready to fight Blue Dragons, too.
The wilderness would still have the most abundance of Green Dragons when compared to this Dungeon, so if players really want efficiency or fast tasks then the Wilderness might appeal to them more. Maybe increasing spawn times in the Dungeon to compensate for this, if that's possible.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:58:49 am »
Agreed on Giant champions, they've become dead content. If they'd get noted limpwurt drops with solid droprates, then they'd actually be viable.
This^

Adding similar noted red spider egg drop to poison spiders would be great too. I don't get it why they don't always drop them when deadly red spiders do drop them with 100% drop rate.
The following users liked this post: Str Owns All, Hi Im Ethan

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:33 am »
Thanks. I'll have a look at the giants and look for replacements
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Helpmeplease
Pages: 1