The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Rayray

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Membership
« on: January 19, 2015, 09:16:17 pm »
This is more of a question... that likely has been answered before; but due to my lack of knowledge:
Why are member tickets, non-consistent towards the amount of time a player is currently logged in? (Obviously with an active membership.)
It'd be nice to have a more accurate "timer" but if that's too much work well it's not as a big a deal when having multiple tickets, but if people only "Buy"(in-game coins) about ~1-10 member tickets that they will actually use (and not sell for in-game coins) then could we not have a reminder?
E.g. "You have 23 days 10 hrs 33mins left of active membership".
This only would then appear when a player logs in and would therefore not persist as long as the person is logged in.

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
Re: Membership
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 09:25:03 pm »
That's 720 hours of online time just for one member ticket. Most people don't spend that much time online over the course of half a year. It's fine as it is imo. It's only 3.50€ or 10m.

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:13:42 am »
It's perfect how it is.

Mod Mary

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:03:15 am »
I'd play RS if membership worked this way. Way too cheap, no thanks. And before you suggest it to make it more expensive then: Ppl will feel like every minute they are logged in, counts, so they will be stressed out like hell (I would)

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 02:13:27 am »
So... for psychological reasons.

I don't get what you mean by making it more expensive because that's not what I was getting at.
And to clarify my point... To me it is reasonable that the time taken from the member ticket is only the time spent online, although I admit it is a stretch for programming it, we could simply lower the "30 Days of active membership" because it's like adding the extra decimal that is not really required.
But if it's for business purposes {[(donations for the "sale" the tickets)show that they get a good offer/value]which it does but it's majority is spent doing other things in the half life of the membership} then well it's really a matter of cutting down the fluff that it carries since as you state:

That's 720 hours of online time just for one member ticket. Most people don't spend that much time online over the course of half a year. It's fine as it is imo. It's only 3.50€ or 10m.

My intention is to maybe have a measurement to when people, could in a given time, donate/buy a membership again. Because re-spending of a ticket seems a bit absurd making people buy time they will ultimately lose for being away from the game. Thus one ticket would mean less donations, but it would allow players to advance economically faster and not have such a large amount of people item hoarding, just to show off and never use. Which doesn't require someone buying/donating so frequently and thus exploiting the market when they holding 20+ member tickets at one time, with no limit to set the amount of members tickets they may be able to own, then people make this game a pay to win which has happened. Iirc... And sorry to grave-dig this, but was this not the reason for the old emps scape to be shut down in the first place: Because of too much profits? / Were those just fallacious rumors?

So many questions... I digress. :3

And in response to having "less donations": we could simply just make the amount of time less: E.g. 7 actual days/ 168 hrs per member ticket. Which is honestly more than necessary.

But again I was asking why not have a timer, that just simply says: "hey look you can spare time" once a person logs in/to have a slightly more accurate measure of time. Please? Thanks!

Mod Mary

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:27 am »
So... for psychological reasons.

I don't get what you mean by making it more expensive because that's not what I was getting at.
And to clarify my point... To me it is reasonable that the time taken from the member ticket is only the time spent online, although I admit it is a stretch for programming it, we could simply lower the "30 Days of active membership" because it's like adding the extra decimal that is not really required.
But if it's for business purposes {[(donations for the "sale" the tickets)show that they get a good offer/value]which it does but it's majority is spent doing other things in the half life of the membership} then well it's really a matter of cutting down the fluff that it carries since as you state:

"before you suggest it to make it more expensive then: Ppl will feel like every minute they are logged in, counts, so they will be stressed out like hell (I would)"

If you think it is better this way, then why does NO BUSINESS SYSTEM EVER use this system? I'm talking about RS membership, MMORPG subscriptions (WoW), netflix subscriptions, go on go on...
There are some pay by view systems, but they're not even remotely that popular as this system.

Offline Rayray

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:15:23 pm »
They mostly do it for the appeal of having "720 hours of online time" which is unrealistic, yet it appeals to people more because they wish to sell more, and businesses like cell phone companies do this(non-contract cell data), they get rid of all the other charges a contract might have with a simple fee for a specific time that ends at the exact time the "deal... 3$ 120 minutes to anywhere" and everyone. And as for the viewing companies, Red-Box in the U.S. is still pretty popular. And again iirc... RS does hold the membership until the next log in, at least other companies like nexon does this with their "item per day rental" (not saying this should be included) but they give you an amount of time that item will last, ijji did this as well, even STEAM (edit: I really meant aeria-games... although it's more similar to nexon than to steam) does this, not playing right now? okay this item will last until the next time you come back and spend more (at least that is what I understand the last time I  used cards). :3
Again, this was just to see whether it would be possible to be given a reminder of the actual time we use.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:56:56 am by Rayray »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »
I'd play RS if membership worked this way. Way too cheap, no thanks. And before you suggest it to make it more expensive then: Ppl will feel like every minute they are logged in, counts, so they will be stressed out like hell (I would)

RS member is completely free already, noob.
Pages: 1