The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Karil's/ahrim's
« on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »
Karil's is overpowered. It hits fast, accurate and has a 25% chance to deal 15% extra damage + bind your opponent for 5 seconds. It completely outclasses armadyl armour and I would even say it outclasses the god bows. It is also extremely cheap. Right now whenever I enter the wilderness I see like 3 people welfaring and ragging in full Karil's at any time.
I suggest the following changes:
- get rid of the 15% damage bonus (the 5 second bind is fine, makes it unique)
- lower the accuracy of the bow (currently it's only 5 less than the accuracy of a god bow)
- lower the strength bonus of the bolt racks (currently they are the same as god arrows)
- lower the accuracy and strength bonus of the armour (currently it's almost the same as armadyl)
These changes may seem hard but they are needed. Right now cheap t70 gear outclasses expensive t75/t80 gear)

Ahrim's set is also overpowered. Right now it outclasses everything in terms of damage because of the 25% chance to deal 20% extra damage, whilst being very cheap. Currently there is no reason for someone to use battlemage.
I therefore suggest the following changes:
- change the effect to something that doesn't increase damage (perhaps lower defense/attack/strength idk)
- lower the accuracy of the armour (currently the hood/top/skirt give 4 less than battlemage)
- lower the strength bonus of the armour a bit (currently the hood/skirt/top give 5 less than battlemage)

Opinions?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:45:43 pm by Lars »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Karil's/ahrim's
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:08:56 pm »
It's quite clear that they should be toned down a bit.

I do like the damage increasing effect though, maybe we should introduce amulet of the damned like osrs did and have it come from that (with a lower % extra damage) it would take up the amulet slot and thus considerably lower accuracy if the amulet doesn't recieve a ton of stats. The stats from barrows armour themselves shouldn't be lowered too drastically.
;

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 07:22:54 pm »

I do like the damage increasing effect though, maybe we should introduce amulet of the damned like osrs did and have it come from that (with a lower % extra damage) it would take up the amulet slot and thus considerably lower accuracy if the amulet doesn't recieve a ton of stats. The stats from barrows armour themselves shouldn't be lowered too drastically.
The damage increase should then be really low for it to not outclass armadyl/battlemage. In my opinion a unique effect, like the 5 seconds bind, is a better idea. Don't remember it's only t70, it's okay for it to have a niche effect to make it viable for certain situations but kn general it should always be outclassed by higher tier gear.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »

The damage increase should then be really low for it to not outclass armadyl/battlemage. In my opinion a unique effect, like the 5 seconds bind, is a better idea. Don't remember it's only t70, it's okay for it to have a niche effect to make it viable for certain situations but kn general it should always be outclassed by higher tier gear.
That was clear, let's say the amulet isn't given any stats, just the damage bonus of something like 10%, would that be okay?
;

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:59:14 pm »

That was clear, let's say the amulet isn't given any stats, just the damage bonus of something like 10%, would that be okay?
I don't see a reason to add the amulet in the first place. It further complicates things and you'd have to come up with effects for the other sets too. Just a flat out nerf is what we need in my opinion
The following users liked this post: Earl, Charr
Pages: 1