The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
Ironman dropping items inside the Wilderness
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »
What is the reason behind ironmen not able to drop items inside the wilderness? It is pretty annoying. Especially when you accidently pick up an item you do not want.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman dropping items inside the Wilderness
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »
It's because items dropped in wilderness appear to anyone as soon as they are dropped. The items aren't ''bound'' to you when dropped like they are outside of the wilderness since at first you're the only one who can see them.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Tomtim1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:49:48 pm »
It's because items dropped in wilderness appear to anyone as soon as they are dropped. The items aren't ''bound'' to you when dropped like they are outside of the wilderness since at first you're the only one who can see them.
That explains a lot, thank you for that.

Another thing I'm still wondering about, why does this exist? What is its function?

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:27:00 am »
Another thing I'm still wondering about, why does this exist? What is its function?
It existed to be fair among pkers.
For example: pkers can't just drop their items when they know they'll die and come back later to pick it up. Same goes for pkers with cash risk...this was aimed to stop the scams in wilderness.

Offline Tomtim1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:14 am »
For example: pkers can't just drop their items when they know they'll die and come back later to pick it up. Same goes for pkers with cash risk...this was aimed to stop the scams in wilderness.
Seems fair for them indeed. But shouldn't there be a solution for ironmen inside the wilderness. Blocking them from dropping anything seems weird and annoying.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:26 am »
Seems fair for them indeed. But shouldn't there be a solution for ironmen inside the wilderness. Blocking them from dropping anything seems weird and annoying.
Try taking attack potions as drop from green dragons and after drinking it drop the vial. Rip space.

Offline Tomtim1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 10:36:13 am »
Try taking attack potions as drop from green dragons and after drinking it drop the vial. Rip space.
That is the exact reason why I created this topic ;)

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:20 am »
Being able to drop in wilderness would help a lot when hunting black salamanders too.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Tomtim1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 11:54:38 am »
Being able to drop in wilderness would help a lot when hunting black salamanders too.
Did not even think of that, that is even more annoying.

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 12:20:44 pm »
l2alch

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:09 pm »

Wtf they alch for like 10k each

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »

It's effort to alch them ._. would rather drop them

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:37 pm »

Does alching even cancel the action of picking up and laying down traps? At least mining doesn't get interrupted when dropping or superheating.

Sure it might be possible, but it might also be complicated to rewrite the current dropping system. Idk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:53:06 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:55 pm »

Does alching even cancel the action of picking up and laying down traps? At least mining doesn't get interrupted when dropping or superheating.
Alching works very differently from Runescape. You probably have to wait around 3 seconds before you can even use alchemy after you pick up your trap.
You can't even use the alchemy spell while fishing for example, it wont cast it.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1
Pages: 1