The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
GWD update
« on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
They've been updated, they're on the wiki if you haven't seen them.

Here's my opinion on them:
  • None of the rare drops were made rarer, this could've been done
  • These noted potion drops have me worried for potion prices, the market on them is already terrible and this certainly does not help
  • Rune drops in general are through the roof, these can be a little bit lower, or we need more rune sinks
  • Jangerberries on Zilyana really make cockatrices less appealing
  • This update could've been the day vestment robes were removed from gwd bosses, they've never been a drop people like and with them being in clue scrolls it would've been a good call
  • Minion droptables were untouched, could've been made better, especially now that they're stronger
It's very unclear whether you want god wars dungeon to be endgame content. But I will give my statement about what I think it should be.

For one, due to the gear that is dropped I don't think the GWD can be endgame content. If it would require the gear that the bosses drop to do efficiently it's kind of bad design. I think that GWD bosses shouldn't have a heavy gear requirement, but rely more on mechanics that can be dodged. Of course we don't want people to stay for 200+ kc with magic, but I think making the bosses unfreezable already helps prevent that.

People should be able to kill GWD bosses to a decent efficiency with gear with around 60-70 requirements if they bring one or two people with them. Ironmen should be able to get a few kills per trip solo as well. This is impossible right now.

Adding mechanics is great, but you have to make sure they are added right.
  • Commander Zilyana now buffs her allied minions. This goes up to 50% of their current combat power. Starlight will drain your prayer points.
Kill the minions first and this won't be much of a change, this isn't too terrible. But it doesn't change much for sara, and it makes it harder for people that aren't in max gear.

• Kree'arra has received different projectiles with different speeds. They have no special effect, but 'unlucky' or 'lucky' stacks of its projectiles can give you a lot of hits in a short amount of time. Flockleader geerin and Wingman skree can now throw poisoned spears. The poison damage starts at 1, but can go up to 15 depending on the length of the fight.
Having kree's damage output rely on luck alone is really bad. This is gonna be really frustrating to deal with. Mechanics need some sort of counterplay, this lacks it completely. The poison is alright, but it doesn't add much more than 'bring an item to get rid of poison'.

• General Graardor has gained the ability to buff the attack speed of his allied minions. Moreover, the lower he becomes, the faster he will attack.
Kill the minions first and it won't be all that much of an issue to deal with the minion buff. Save special attacks and the like for when graador is low and this sounds relatively doable. Probably the best one out of the bunch, though they could all be improved upon.

• K'ril Tsutsaroth: Spawns allied minions and received new attacks.
EDIT: Apparently it only spawns it's 3 regular minions during the fight, this isn't too bad but it doesn't really add anything.

The point of having mechanics in GWD is so the damage you take doesn't rely so much on your equipment, but something else, like dodging an attack. These mechanics are fine for adding a slight bit of strategy to the boss, but they completely fail at making it less gear reliant, which is something we need for bossing to make any kind of sense.

Those are my thoughts, feel free to leave yours.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:00:28 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: GWD update
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:01:45 pm »
Dw, nobody is going to go there anyway so the drops dont matter
The following users liked this post: Suryoyo K0
Pages: 1