The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Granite maul special
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:31:20 am »
A couple updates ago it was changed to instant attack and then it was changed back. Why?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: Granite maul special
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:21:27 pm »
Pkers complained about how people with little to no skill could granite maul combo so it was changed back.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 01:50:08 pm »
the granite maul special attack was never changed but special attacks in general were changed, when you would click your special attack you wouldn't have to click on the enemy anymore which made the granite maul special instantly but nobody liked this whole system because it takes a lot of skill away from pking.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »
But couldn't the code behind gmauls spec be changed totally? So it didn't register as a regular attack - the special would be instant and you could follow it up with another weapon without a delay.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 02:04:39 pm »
But couldn't the code behind gmauls spec be changed totally? So it didn't register as a regular attack - the special would be instant and you could follow it up with another weapon without a delay.
"Except this would take the skill out of pvp"
-pkers

I wouldn't mind switching not interrupting combat, but it has to be coded properly this time. It basically acted the same as attacking your opponent last time, which shouldn't be the case. I don't think it's necessary though.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »
Making it instant like in RS is a bit too good imo and requires very little skill. However making it not delay your next attack at all is a great idea.

Example:

-Attacking with a whip that has a 2 second delay between hits and a gs that has a 4 second delay between hits-

whip                            whip                            whip    (g maul spec)      gs    (g maul spec)     gs                       
       <2 second interval>       <2 second interval>       <2 second interval>    <4 second interval>
The following users liked this post: Earl, Triangle Dot

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:30 am »
Pkers complained about how people with little to no skill could granite maul combo so it was changed back.
wasn't it actually removed because All item equipping didnt cancel combat? This lead mages to randomly attack earlier targets, if switched to an autocast weapon.
It was buggy and unfinished but the solution would be to remove combat cancellation if equipping only the maul.
I'd love to see this introduced

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »
I swear at some point people complained about g maul being too shit to use at all even when the specs were instant ???
Pages: 1