The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Give moderators the power to IP ban people for maximum of a hour
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »
LOOK AT THIS DUDE MARTIJN

https://i.gyazo.com/a0fe00b43a7a5ffb5c818bad09e5d9b6.png
https://i.gyazo.com/664983e798e59f95e67c78f7438c8466.png
https://i.gyazo.com/68a23c84689d8bfebf8d7691c7e00196.png
https://i.gyazo.com/e8a32e474b092d07eb344dcf352b19cd.png
https://i.gyazo.com/f05b802c65b365502605037cf3a26c6c.png

He came to the shoutbox after getting muted in-game with the most butthurt offensive attitude I've seen in ages, and we all very well know he isn't the only one of his kind. Yes, he got banned, but he came back with a different account AT LEAST 5 TIMES! What's the point of even issuing regular bans if they make absolutely no difference?

I'm suggeting giving game moderators the power to IP ban users on forums and/or in game for upto 1 hour. This shouldn't be used as a ''primary'' ban, but instead should only be used when people keep avoiding their ban on multiple accounts just like in the screenshots. Not only will this reduce the number of users spamming endlessly about their helpdesk tickets with a shitty attitude, this would also prevent everyone else going apeshit as well. Whenever somebody spams something extremely stupid on SB, everyone else will start making fun of that person and increasing the amount of spam significantly. We all know it's annoying as all hell but nothing ever seems to be done about it. I guess it's a way to keep the SB active with only a dozen of active forum users left.

There's also the option of asking an admin to issue an IP to these users, but let's be honest, we have 4 admins of which 1 is actually active, and that's only because he got promoted recently. May I present to you this professional graph I drew is 30 seconds to show you how the activity of staff members tend to go:

This is, of course, implying the staff member did not resign as a P mod. What harm will a 1-hour ban ultimately do if it does ever get abused?

Please avoid the following subjects for feedback, any opinions are known about these:

• Staff team - Please do not provide feedback about the staff team or the way it is organized. If you would like to report a staff member, use the helpdesk.

I'm not giving feedback on the staff team, I'm giving feedback on what staff members can/cannot do.
The following users liked this post: Cococola

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Give moderators the power to IP ban people for maximum of a hour
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »
I don't think it's necessary, however we could reimplement the minimum post system, so they couldn't post into shoutbox unless they have a certain amount of posts.
It would be enough if we set it at 1 post, since their first 10 posts have to be approved anyway. The wouldn't be able to come back like that.

Also, Cjkinsey6 could've easily asked me or Erick, since we were both online. I'd rather not get into detail on this, it was up to him.

we have 4 admins of which 1 is actually active, and that's only because he got promoted recently:D
What's that supposed to mean? I've been very active since June, especially the last 2 months.

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:14:42 am »
I was having trouble understanding at first but then that graph really cleared things up, thanks  :)

Emps-scape moderator

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:16:40 am »
Would be 100% easier if moderators could do it themselves without contacting you or Erick, unfortunately Erick is very inactive which I'm assuming isn't his fault, but if this happens at a time when there is a moderator online and there are no higher ranks available we're stuck with the idiot. It's simply easier on everyone if moderators are able to do this themselves. The only active admin right now is you, and even the almighty Magecrune isn't online all the time.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:05:53 am »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=newticket;dept=4

Your graph is also mostly a representation of in-game activity. You also can't have negative activity.

If mods were given this, you might as well get rid of the player admin rank, because almost all mod commands are the same anyways. IP ban in-game? Not even admins have that (besides the typical hostban, which both have), so before mods were to perform something like that, admins should be thought of as well.

Also as a side note, we have 9 users of this forum, that I know of, who can perform IP bans. We have 5 mods. 9>5.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 10:59:43 am »
inb4 Otto is the one who gets banned for making a suggestion/sharing idea :kappa:

Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 12:21:44 am »
I would have supported this in Emps-Scape, but I can't in Emps-World. Don't take this the wrong way, as I don't intend to offend anyone with this but, a moderator rank can be  obtained so much easier nowadays than back in the day. With that being said, those sort of rights should not be given to them, for obvious reasons.

The following users liked this post: Il Skill L
Pages: 1