The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Freezes
« on: July 15, 2016, 08:57:29 pm »
So why does ice barrage freeze for only 6 seconds?

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:07 pm »
because it's splash chance got decreased to like...0.001% chance

Mary

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 12:40:06 am »
Its 15s for me??

It gets halved against ppl who use protect from magic.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 01:05:55 am »
I swear you've made a thread about this before ???

Its 15s for me??

^ dis indeed. IMO it's pretty balanced because of the nonexistent splash chance.

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 03:08:51 am »
Its 15s for me??

this is stubid

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 03:09:31 am »
I swear you've made a thread about this before ???

Its 15s for me??

^ dis indeed. IMO it's pretty balanced because of the nonexistent splash chance.
you do splash enought even in max gear

Mary

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 04:58:29 am »
You splash standard when you hit 0 afaik

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 11:17:59 am »
This is the most retarded update I've ever seen. Not even gonna state any arguments because if you can't figure out why it's retarded by yourself then all hope is lost.

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 01:47:02 pm »
not that many people use ice barrage on pking and nobody been complaining about 15 sec freeze time but yet u go and make this shit update to it. In deep wildy u really need that 15 sec freeze and since melee armours have good magic def bonus u do splash.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 01:51:32 pm »
not that many people use ice barrage on pking and nobody been complaining about 15 sec freeze time but yet u go and make this shit update to it. In deep wildy u really need that 15 sec freeze and since melee armours have good magic def bonus u do splash.

The freeze system we currently have has been out for ages. The reason it has been like this so long is the fact that there's probably a whole 5 people in total PKing with magic. IK it sucks for deep wildy PKing and bridding, but there are other alternatives to freezing as well, like ZGS, which has quaranteed 20 sec freeze and is also able to hit up to 73(?). Team up with a friend or two and you'll have your opponent stuck for up to a minute. If in that time you are unable to take your opponent down, I wouldn't recommend PKing for you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:56:38 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 02:33:48 pm »

The freeze system we currently have has been out for ages. The reason it has been like this so long is the fact that there's probably a whole 5 people in total PKing with magic. IK it sucks for deep wildy PKing and bridding, but there are other alternatives to freezing as well, like ZGS, which has quaranteed 20 sec freeze and is also able to hit up to 73(?). Team up with a friend or two and you'll have your opponent stuck for up to a minute. If in that time you are unable to take your opponent down, I wouldn't recommend PKing for you.
I respect you and all but seriously no... just no.

OT Why was it changed to how it is now?

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »

It hasn't been changed in a while. The current system has been out for probably since your last barrage suggestion/feedback back when Charr was still staff I think. This is how suggestions get implemented in the game:

If Thomy didn't put high level monsters into the wilderness, there would be no need for altering how the barrage works. Frosts and revs are great for mid level players, who have no way of defending themselves from PKers. There are now two groups of players who have different opinions about 15s freezes.

This wasn't a problem in scape since you could kill Kolodion and chaos ele in shit gear so you didn't risk anything killing them. Now you need barrows/third age and salve to kill spectrals and revs. For a new-ish player that is a lot of effort to get back after dying. This creates a problem with balancing and making the barrage fair for both PKers and the PvMers.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:10:25 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Emps Loover

Mary

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
Buffing or nerfing anything regarding wildy always affects two parties negatively and positively at the same time. Its hard to balance things if every party only thinks about himself and not what's fair.

Afaik this update's been a while and seems fair, catching ur enemy without magic pray is a guaranteed death and the goal you shoud go for (prayer drain, surprise attack or multiple combat styles)
Especially in deep wildy u must have a running chance vs only one pker

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 03:33:41 pm »

It hasn't been changed in a while. The current system has been out for probably since your last barrage suggestion/feedback back when Charr was still staff I think. This is how suggestions get implemented in the game:

If Thomy didn't put high level monsters into the wilderness, there would be no need for altering how the barrage works. Frosts and revs are great for mid level players, who have no way of defending themselves from PKers. There are now two groups of players who have different opinions about 15s freezes.

This wasn't a problem in scape since you could kill Kolodion and chaos ele in shit gear so you didn't risk anything killing them. Now you need barrows/third age and salve to kill spectrals and revs. For a new-ish player that is a lot of effort to get back after dying. This creates a problem with balancing and making the barrage fair for both PKers and the PvMers.
Ruin entire mage pking scene just because noobs can't kill certain monsters in the wilderness without risking decent gear. The same monsters who were placed there to bring players and pkers to the wilderness and create a risk vs reward situation. This is hilarious.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 03:53:12 pm »
Buffing or nerfing anything regarding wildy always affects two parties negatively and positively at the same time. Its hard to balance things if every party only thinks about himself and not what's fair.

Afaik this update's been a while and seems fair, catching ur enemy without magic pray is a guaranteed death and the goal you shoud go for (prayer drain, surprise attack or multiple combat styles)
Especially in deep wildy u must have a running chance vs only one pker
Like it was difficult to escape in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 3