The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Freeze timers
« on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:09 pm »
Well i liked the longer freezes against overheads, though this completely destroyed hybridding without overheads. you're going to have 3-4 freezes per a fight, which is actually pathetic - taking into consideration that this forces you to walk to melee range in order to get melee damage off to your target, making you unable to stack hits.
If you'd choose the route of casting from a far, you'll get refrozen in no time for another 20 seconds, fun ain't it?
I'm thinking of one of the two solutions: Create a longer freeze immunity timer or make barrage freezes 15 seconds long as they were, but leave the freeze durations casted on prayer the same as they currently are.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:55:04 pm by Attacker35 »

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
Re: Freeze timers
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:57:21 pm »
I agree. I think the freeze timers got more love than it really seeked.
The 12 seconds while having anti magic prayer is fine, but 20 seconds without the anti magic prayer is overkill in my opinion.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:24:01 pm »
Freezes are the same in rs? No problems there at all.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 09:06:12 pm »
Freezes are the same in rs?

So what's the point of playing Emps if it's the same in RS? People obviously want there to be differences between the 2.

Mary

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:20:54 pm »
difference is not the same as balanced

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »

But in this case it would make PKing more fast pace and wouldn't even have an effect on people who are running away since they're camping mage prot anyway. Feel free to use your brain.

Offline Fund Kakare

• Liked: 322 times
  • +0/-0
  • REEEEEEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »

But in this case it would make PKing more fast pace and wouldn't even have an effect on people who are running away since they're camping mage prot anyway. Feel free to use your brain.
i'dlove to use mine if i could find it

Mary

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 10:04:42 pm »

idk, all i get are these 'freeze timers too short plz buff' mad pker topics which are worse than the 'freeze timers too long plz nerf' mad pvmer topics so i know what side i stand on.

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 10:06:10 am »

idk, all i get are these 'freeze timers too short plz buff' mad pker topics which are worse than the 'freeze timers too long plz nerf' mad pvmer topics so i know what side i stand on.

But the only people who complained about it being too long are me and Attacker, and we stand on the pking side.  ???

Look, before the update the freeze timers needed a buff badly, 6 second freezes with protect on are too short, that's what everybody said, no one complained about the 12 second freeze timer without the magic protection.
But what you did is a lot, you buffed the 6 seconds to 12, and the 12 to 20. See the second buff wasn't really needed, and if it had to be upped a bit, it could've been 15 or 16, but you upped it by 8! That's a lot.

See, this affects the pkers more than the pvmers. Pvmers would always have the protection on so they don't even have to be worried about the 20 second freezes, but on the other hand, pkers bridding would always get frozen for 20 seconds since most of the time they use smite instead of magic protection.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 11:45:33 am »
It's obvious there has to be a compromise here. Either fuck up chasing entirely with the 6 second freeze timer or fuck up bridding slightly (I wouldn't even call it bridding since it's better to mage in every situation, assuming mage/melee, except for the killing blow so in the end you just see people maging eachother and praying for a high stack). Like I really don't get the point. In RS, yes I'm comparing again, you see a lot more bridding and barrage always lasts for 20 seconds there. To add to this, switching between melee and mage is MUCH MORE VIABLE in RS which means that any time you're not frozen is precious time you can use to overwhelm your opponent. Yes I do realize accuracy is different in RS which results in much more splashing. But like I said before, you don't even need to be unfrozen most of the time in emps to maintain a igh damage output. Why would you use a whip on someone in mage robes when sol+barrage is better in any aspect? The only time when you need to be unfrozen is when you want to stack damage; bar+ags or w/e. Now tell me how does a 5 second increase in freeze time make it impossible to stack? It changes almost nothing. You still have to wait a long time, before it was 15 seconds now it's 20 seconds, before you're unfrozen and it all comes down to the last second where you will cast 1 more barrage before proceeding to spec. It doesn't matter if this second is the 15th or 20th the results are the same.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 12:22:09 pm »
Ice barrage's dps in rs isnt even half of what it is in emps. In rs it's 39 with absolutely maxed gear. If you want rs freezes then we should have rs damage as well. Otherwise stop comparing the two games.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »
Freezes are the same in rs? No problems there at all.
The problem begins when you get frozen when you try to go for a stack after you come out of a 20 second freeze, but fuck that, you'll get refrozen 0.5 sec right after the previous one. As far as i've understood, if you stand 5 tiles off your target, he  can easily freeze you again before your godsword hits his face, so let's not even speak about 1 tick stacks...

Ice barrage's dps in rs isnt even half of what it is in emps. In rs it's 39 with absolutely maxed gear. If you want rs freezes then we should have rs damage as well. Otherwise stop comparing the two games.
I'll be honest, it's interesting that you mention this - The reason why there's so much whining about magic comes from the fucked up ''BALANCING'' that has been around for such a long time now. Magic potions give you massive maxhits, melee plate armors have magic defence stats almost as high as range armors. Good example of that, rune platelegs and rune platebody offer more magic defence than black d'hide chaps and body.
Everything would have been chill, if magic potions didn't buff your maxhits so that they're on roids (but still offers accuracy) and we would have negative stats. this would also make switches more viable, so we wouldn't see people wearing dragon boots along with a magic set so they would have to switch less, when bridding. I absolutely also disgoust the fact that melee and armours not only have positive magic defence stats, but they don't lower your magic offensive stats. (same with range armours, only for offensive stats though.)
This is most likely going to stay as it is, because it's too much of a rework for the combat triangle but it's a fine reason why people are whining about magic so much - it's not balanced right now with shitty accuracy, yet high maxhits and messed up freezes.

Like I really don't get the point. In RS, yes I'm comparing again, you see a lot more bridding and barrage always lasts for 20 seconds there. To add to this, switching between melee and mage is MUCH MORE VIABLE in RS which means that any time you're not frozen is precious time you can use to overwhelm your opponent.
Which brings me to my point, freeze immunity timers are way too short?

Yes I do realize accuracy is different in RS which results in much more splashing. But like I said before, you don't even need to be unfrozen most of the time in emps to maintain a igh damage output. Why would you use a whip on someone in mage robes when sol+barrage is better in any aspect? The only time when you need to be unfrozen is when you want to stack damage; bar+ags or w/e. Now tell me how does a 5 second increase in freeze time make it impossible to stack? It changes almost nothing. You still have to wait a long time, before it was 15 seconds now it's 20 seconds, before you're unfrozen and it all comes down to the last second where you will cast 1 more barrage before proceeding to spec. It doesn't matter if this second is the 15th or 20th the results are the same.
You've got to take things like food into consideration, as i mentioned, when you're for example bridding in voids, it has quite low defence stats, you'll be getting hit by magic like no tomorrow and run out of food in no time, I've even tried using blood barrage (along with ice barrage, ofc) in brid fights, yet with the freeze immunity timers being so short, it's not worth to take the risk of letting your opponent stack on you. Fights will be over with 3-4 freezes, in most of the time, you'll barely get ANY chance to stack anyway, because of the chance to get refrozen is so high + when you (or your opponent) can just kite and run the second they see you move, they'll get tiles on you and most likely catch the freeze.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:27:28 am by Magecrune »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 01:44:23 pm »
Freeze immunity is too short I agree with you on that one.
Pages: 1