The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Feedback to the Rimmington/Catherby Dungeon Mobs (Continued)
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:36 am »
I would like to revisit this topic that I originally made to provide my own feedback to the changes that arose from this original discussion as well as perhaps elaborate on the original discussion itself.

While this will mainly be about my original discussion, I will also be making points that stem from my feedback and the new changes as well.

Starting with my own feedback to what got changed as a result of my feedback overall, I personally feel that what changed was a very good start to improving the state that this dungeon is currently in. With that being said, I feel that there are still certain things that I was expecting to also occur alongside this feedback to the dungeon and the mobs to improve this state that simply never occurred. Granted my first topic on this was very brief as I mainly started it to raise a discussion on the matter (which did raise some discussion regarding most of the points I raised in that feedback) but did not go into too much elaboration into the matter and I apologize for not taking the time to really discuss more of my opinions. I'm hoping that I can now really flesh out some of those points that I brought up and make an even better feedback this time around.

Giant Champions:
I appreciate that a large sum of the Giant Champions were ultimately removed from the Dungeon to allow for other mobs to take their places. The giants took up a ridiculous amount of space in this dungeon but were hardly ever touched or killed. However, the issue still remains that the champions are by no means a viable mob to kill for drops: the droptables were left untouched with the only drops being Big bones and Limpwurt roots. If anything, all this really accomplished was shrinking down the amount of space that these mobs wasted in the dungeon itself, as their status as basically a useless mob has not changed in the slightest. At this point, it would be easier to simply remove them altogether if we are not going to give them any sort of appeal as a mob. All these giants serve as right now are easy sources of XP, and - which I stated in my previous topic - is hardly ever used by most players looking to train combat.

Are they supposed to be a decent source of Limpwurt roots right now? Because if that's the case then they certainly aren't doing a good job at it, considering Hill Giants possess lower stats, less hp, a faster time-to-kill, a drop rate of roots that's most likely the exact same, on top of a chance to drop a large sum of roots in a noted form.

These mobs need some sort of a droptable at this point, at least something to give them that viability and possibility to receive traffic. We could construct a similar droptable for them based off of the other giants, but move the large resource drop of 50 noted Limpwurt roots from the Hill Giants to their new droptable; however, rather than take away that nice large resource drop that Hill Giants had, we could simply reduce its quantity and rarity to make it a slightly more common but less quantitative drop. Giant Champions could therefore become a sort of upgrade to the Hill Giants for players who are looking to acquire more resources while still being able to train their combat skills efficiently.

The New Additions:
I think we received some interesting replacements to the Giant Champions in these rooms, although they were not really what I was expecting to be honest. I think that the Greater Demons were a good call: they really didn't have a viable location that was easy to access and actually worth going to. The Lesser Demons, on the other hand, didn't really feel necessary. Case in point these demons reside in the Barbarian Dungeon right outside of the Blue Dragon room and barely anyone ever kills them in the first place. They are a nice, weak source of the Obsidian Cape and Dragon Platelegs, but that's about it. I utilized them on my Ironman to get these resources when I didn't have membership and it proved to be very effective, but they really only seem to fill such a small niche role aside from being a Medium Slayer task. It's nice that there's more of them, but it didn't feel like it was necessary. I think a better mob could be placed in this room instead, and the Greater Demons moved to another location in the dungeon...

Fire Giants:
Which brings me to another mob that I actually completely forgot was in this dungeon in the first place. The Fire Giants are tucked back away in the corner next to the first floor Mithril Dragons, if any of you need a refresher. Why these mobs are here in the first place sort of baffles me, considering there are already so many of them in the Smoke Dungeon already. Not to mention the fact that their droptable has not been adjusted to behave outside of the Smoke Dungeon itself, so that means that they still drop the chest key to the Smoke Dungeon Chest.

Pros to these mobs being here that I can think of off of the top of my head are:
-A nice way to complete a Fire Giant task (if they still even are a task) to players who might not have access to the Slayer Helmet to yield its bonuses alongside the protection of the Facemask
-A nice way to easily kill Fire Giants for any of their drops without having to deal with the Facemask/Slayer Helmet protecting you from the smoke in the Smoke Dungeon

Both of these are very much the tiniest of niches that I feel players wouldn't even complain about if they were removed entirely. Greater Demons could be placed in this section of the dungeon instead so that another mob could be replaced in the original areas that I discussed.

Chromatic (Green or Blue) Dragons:
I still believe that Green Dragons would be a perfect addition to this dungeon. The Rimmington/Catherby Dungeon has basically become the staple dragon dungeon at this point, housing every dragon aside from Frost, Obsidian, and Green Dragons (including KBD). On top of this, Green Dragons have such limited spawns, being only accessible in the Wilderness, which really takes away from their already limited appeal IMO: their droptable is basically the exact same thing as the rest of the Chromatic Dragons, with the only difference being that they have green hides/a green hatchling, rarer drops for dragon weapons/gear, and a much lower difficulty. I don't understand why it seems to be necessary to lock them away in the Wilderness when they have such little reward for the (extremely potential) risks. Of course that's just my opinion on the matter. ::)

If not Green Dragons, then more Blue Dragons would suffice.

Black Demons:
I'm very indifferent about them. It's another nice location if you don't want to deal with the multi-combat in the Barbarian Dungeon, but I still feel that that spot will remain much more popular.

Metal Dragons:
That little change was very beneficial IMO. Gets rid of some of the chaos in the Iron/Steel Dragon areas. I think that, however, they still need something that will give them more traffic as a mob. An easy solution to this is to simply make all of these Metal Dragons available as Slayer Tasks. They're all really solid mobs with good droptables, and their vastly superior Mithril Dragon is already a task locked away in Duradel's selection of tasks. Seeing the Metal Dragons make their way into Vannaka and Duradel's selections as well would be a great addition, mixing up the variety of tasks that we would be able to possibly receive. I'm actually quite surprised that they still aren't tasks in the first place, considering we got more Iron Dragons in the newest dungeon as well.

This same argument could really be made to the other mobs in the dungeon that aren't assignable as tasks as well too, giving more options for possible Slayer tasks is a great possibility to influence traffic to these mobs.

TL;DR:
  • Giant Champions -> Add droptables or scrap them completely, they're wasting space at this point
  • Lesser Demons -> Don't feel necessary
  • Greater Demons/Fire Giants -> Remove Fire Giants, move Greater Demons there
  • Replace the Lesser/Greater Demons with Green or Blue Dragons
  • Make Metal Dragons (And some of these other mobs) assignable as Slayer tasks to possibly increase popularity

Sorry I like making walls of text.
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Tomtim1, Charr

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback to the Rimmington/Catherby Dungeon Mobs (Continued)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:58:09 am »
The only thing I have to add is that KBD really ruins the black dragon spots. I'd love to see it moved.
;
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Tomtim1, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »
The only thing I have to add is that KBD really ruins the black dragon spots. I'd love to see it moved.

Yeah, most of the players do their black dragon tasks at barbarian dungeon. There could be e.g. an agility pass-through, or just a simple ladder.

I like the basic of shadowkei's idea: making every mob serving a useful meaning in this game. Basically we need different mobs for different state of our game play progress. Reworking on droptables will do the trick.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:54:00 pm »
Yes, I definitely feel that KBD turns that entire room into a hassle if you're looking to just kill Black Dragons. Either this or simply lowering its wander/aggro range significantly so that it doesn't lock on to me even if I'm all the way in a corner of the room would be nice.
Pages: 1