The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Feedback to October 1st update notes
« on: October 01, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
Barbarian village
I like all the changes made. The new models for trees are currently bugged (top isn't showing when roofs are off), but I'll report on that later.
The tutorial is informative and well-made, the only problem with it is the Al-kharid teleport. If you're non-member it teleports you away. Yes you can evade it by spamming space quickly, but most players wouldn't do so. My suggestion would be either to change spot (behind the bank, close to the ship is non-member area, so it wouldn't teleport you) or move it to the final sequence of tutorial with a warning that it's the final spot, however you will be teleported if you're not member.

Runecrafting
This doesn't really change much, since we don't have talismans yet, but I'd also like to add one altar, which crafts random runes, but with double experience points. You don't know which runes you'll get, so it's basically a gamble. You might get more xp, you might get less.
If talismans are added, you should be able to craft their equivalent tiaras as well, which gives you both access and a small xp boost.

EC shop and double xp scrolls
I agree that members need more exclusives and I like the 10% boost, however I hate the fact that Double xp scrolls were removed from EP shop. I would've been fine if they were added into EC shop in large quantities, so you would've had an option to donate for a large amount (450/500 EC for 25 scrolls) or do daily tasks for 7 straight days (3 tasks per day).
This change makes even less sense with increased max limit. If the scrolls would've stayed, I would've been fine with this, but this change in its current situation is too large.
I really hope they will return to EP shop, since it has nothing that I desire as of this update.

Auras
These will be used only at pking (excluding Poison Purge and perhaps Vampyrism). The cost is way too high for regular pvm, considering it has only 1k charges. I only see use for Poison Purge, which can be used at kalphite cave to gain hp via poison damage.
Vampyrism can be used, but it's worth using while you're bossing only, since the price is high. Other auras are just pointless.
I won't comment on this longer, since you'll be hearing soon from pkers.
E: Charges were increased to 10k, I'm fine with them now.

Duel arena
I don't really like the approach here, since all the items will be dumped to the market now, crashing everything. The problem wasn't in item shortage, it was the other way around. Since there were too many of them in-game, stakers could easily get huge amounts, which resulted in dumps and price crashes. This will make it much worse, since we still have no sink for items.
I also think that even with cash only stakes, fees should apply.

Quest and Equipment tabs
I really like the changes in quest tab, but the falador teleport should've stayed. It was a very convenient for many things, such as canifis teleport etc. Also I'd like a toggle to make the teleport buttons 1-click-based. Players with an actual mouse, will have no trouble of misclicking and it shouldn't be too bad for touchpad users as well. Toggle would give them an option to change it, even if they have problem with it.
Equipment tab changes are fine. I'd like to have more discrete wings though, since they ruin most sets imo. That's just a personal preference though.

Other
You mentioned that only wizards around barbarian drops Edgeville tabs, if that's the case, I'd like all wizards to drop them. Especially the ones north-west of Port Sarim.
E: I've been given information that they drop edge tabs elsewhere as well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:54:06 am by Magecrune »
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback to October 1st update notes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 02:52:46 pm »
Smoke damage isn't poison last time I checked.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 02:55:05 pm »
Smoke damage isn't poison last time I checked.
Indeed, it's considered as regular damage. Thanks!

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 03:01:09 pm »
In my opinion auras should be changed on how they work. 1000 charges isn't just enough at all for pvm.
I got two possible solutions on my mind.

1. On/off toggle, maybe 3 hours of use time before they degreade to dust.
2. Same way as on Runescape, lasts for 1 hour with 4 hour recharge time. Perhaps 5 uses before they degrade to dust. No option to toggle on/off.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:55 am »
In my opinion auras should be changed on how they work. 1000 charges isn't just enough at all for pvm.

2. Same way as on Runescape, lasts for 1 hour with 4 hour recharge time. Perhaps 5 uses before they degrade to dust. No option to toggle on/off.

Gotta agree with this due to the fact that it takes around 10 days to get 1 auras ( doing tasks ) or getting lucky once a week by winning one of the events ( if there were any online staff members to host it )

Quest and Equipment tabs - Thomy said that 2 other teleports options will be added there the next update / s , since most of the players complained ing while he was there about falador teleport, he will add it as well to make it a total of 6 teleports  .

Duel arena - I've never changed my opinion about Staking fees and still think that it should be on the top of his huge list of coming things
last time we discussed the exact thing that was changed ing ( making it you can stake only cash ) , he said its not a good idea at all for the economy as a lot of items will be dumped into the game and we don't have enough players to use them
I don't really know why he changed his opinion and changed it, an explanation from him would be great

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:58:11 am »

"Auras now got 10k charges." -Thomy

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:43 pm »
I totally agree with you what you told about the falador teleport. For example, there was a drop party today. The organizer yelled in GE and then went to falador Party Room. So a lot of players had to walk from GE to falador. Maybe we can fix this by letting the NPC, who teleports you to the minigames ( located in GE), teleport you to Falador Party room. You can walk then if you want to go to the park for example going to Canifs.

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »
I totally agree with you what you told about the falador teleport. For example, there was a drop party today. The organizer yelled in GE and then went to falador Party Room. So a lot of players had to walk from GE to falador. Maybe we can fix this by letting the NPC, who teleports you to the minigames ( located in GE), teleport you to Falador Party room. You can walk then if you want to go to the park for example going to Canifs.

Or just use a falador tele tab?
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 07:13:07 pm »
This^
I think people have forgotten that all 3 spellbooks contain many teleports which can be used. Teletabs and enchanted jewellery are also a great way to get around the game.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »
This^
I think people have forgotten that all 3 spellbooks contain many teleports which can be used. Teletabs and enchanted jewellery are also a great way to get around the game.

Emps players are far too accustomed to everything being way too easy for them... players lack basic game knowledge because they've had everything they could ever need served to them on a plate and made simple.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Jp

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 04:08:06 am »
This^

Emps players are far too accustomed to everything being way too easy for them... players lack basic game knowledge because they've had everything they could ever need served to them on a plate and made simple.

Welcome to private servers. Most have like 20 free teleports to pretty much everywhere you could imagine.
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6
Pages: 1