The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Feedback regarding a bug report and how it was dealt with
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »
Wanted to point a few things out.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20162.0
Thanks. I'll let dropping items cancel skilling actions with the next update.
  • Dropping items while skilling not interrupting skilling is not a bug. Ctrl + click drop is not a bug. These are both intended.
  • What can be abused here requires an autoclicker, which is against the rules and easy to detect.
  • It makes powertraining involving dropping less convenient for anyone playing the game legitimately. Hell it removes most uses of the ctrl drop feature.
  • This doesn't prevent anyone from actually autoclicking mining or any skill really. The "problem" doesn't get touched by this at all.
  • Powertraining is made a far more inconvenient option than it was before the ctrl drop update.
;
The following users liked this post: Earl, Tomtim1, S Clegane

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback regarding a bug report and how it was dealt with
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:21:16 am »
I do understand that it is very convenient, but it gives too many opportunities for abuses. You'll still be able to power train in about the same amount of time, but you have to plan dropping items more carefully. You can still drop an item and click on the skilling resource quickly after and lose no tick.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 06:34:05 am »
I do understand that it is very convenient, but it gives too many opportunities for abuses. You'll still be able to power train in about the same amount of time, but you have to plan dropping items more carefully. You can still drop an item and click on the skilling resource quickly after and lose no tick.

It always been the same, however just less people did it i guess.
you can always use ghose mouse to record your mouse dropping stuff and change it to high speed, which result on dropping the whole inv in less than 3 seconds.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »
I do understand that it is very convenient, but it gives too many opportunities for abuses.
It does not create any more opportunities than there already were. The difference between holding ctrl and left clicking and right clicking and left clicking is virtually nonexistent for autoclickers. Autoclickers are against the rules anyways, and they wouldn't really feel a difference due to this change.

You'll still be able to power train in about the same amount of time, but you have to plan dropping items more carefully. You can still drop an item and click on the skilling resource quickly after and lose no tick.
If you interrupt an action you'll lose time. You'll basically have to predict when you get a resource and then drop it immediately and click on what you're gathering from to not lose ticks. This is humanly possible, but will be far from convenient or consistent.

You gave us a wonderful feature that made powertraining a method people would actually consider doing and now you're taking it away, please reconsider.

you can always use ghose mouse to record your mouse dropping stuff and change it to high speed, which result on dropping the whole inv in less than 3 seconds.
This is against the rules.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:15:16 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 11:44:22 pm »

If you interrupt an action you'll lose time.
u already lost to nice19 how much time do u need
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Il Pk I, Kaner, Il Skill L, Crusher123, Someone12116, Tomtim1, Str8att7

Offline Jandar

• Liked: 273 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:56:42 am »
it gives too many opportunities for abuses.
Let just revert this update. I prefer the old way of dropping if this gives too many opportunities for abuses.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 05:11:12 pm »
it gives too many opportunities for abuses.
Let just revert this update. I prefer the old way of dropping if this gives too many opportunities for abuses.
Yeah I agree with this. If we can't make use of it properly why bother with it. The people that can abuse this aren't being slowed down by this change at all. It's a huge setback for those that used the feature legitimately.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:31:00 pm by Charr »
;
Pages: 1