The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Feedback on clues
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »
Generally they're a really nice addition to the game, in my opinion. I have really nothing to complain about. However, I would like to give some feedback on them.

1. Remove puzzles from easy and medium clue scrolls. The rewards are simply not worth it if you're new to the puzzles. Currently it takes about the same time to complete an medium clue (haven't done an easy one yet) as it takes to complete an elite one.

2. Make elites and/or hards either completely members only or completely non-member content. Makes no sense to bitchslap people in the face after completing 5 steps by giving them a location only members can access. Members already get an advantage by having a greater variety of clue-dropping monsters.

3. Increase the scan range on some of the scan clues. For example, the level 25-55 wilderness scan area is enormous. Even though the locations can be quite obvious, I would still like to see the range increased. A hot/cold mechanic could also be added to easy and medium clues.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:48:31 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, 3st Ranger X, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on clues
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:40 pm »
1. I don't think they should be completely removed. Perhaps we should assign easier puzzles for them. 3x3 for easy scrolls and 4x4 for medium for example.

2. I agree with the removal of member locations (and npc-s) or using them only for member-only clues. It shouldn't be discovered mid-scroll that it can't be done without accessing certain areas.

3. Scan clues are the nastiest right now. Basically you're just running around hoping you get lucky. We should add ways to determine if you're on the right track.
Few solutions:
  • Cold-warmer-hot method
  • Scanning shows how many steps you're from the location (not including obstacles; solvable by basic math)

In the future these types should also be considered:
  • Treasure map (basically links to an object or landmark, leading to another one etc by just mentioning how many steps it would take or giving a direction until a certain object)
  • A riddle (any kind of riddle, can just be an anagram etc; anagram ones could be combined with scan clues by giving the area in a riddle; if it's a specific riddle, it would be useful for one time only though, so perhaps we should save them for quests, not scrolls)
  • Different puzzle types

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »
1. I don't think they should be completely removed. Perhaps we should assign easier puzzles for them. 3x3 for easy scrolls and 4x4 for medium for example.

2. I agree with the removal of member locations (and npc-s) or using them only for member-only clues. It shouldn't be discovered mid-scroll that it can't be done without accessing certain areas.

3. Scan clues are the nastiest right now. Basically you're just running around hoping you get lucky. We should add ways to determine if you're on the right track.
Few solutions:
  • Cold-warmer-hot method
  • Scanning shows how many steps you're from the location (not including obstacles; solvable by basic math)

In the future these types should also be considered:
  • Treasure map (basically links to an object or landmark, leading to another one etc by just mentioning how many steps it would take or giving a direction until a certain object)
  • A riddle (any kind of riddle, can just be an anagram etc; anagram ones could be combined with scan clues by giving the area in a riddle; if it's a specific riddle, it would be useful for one time only though, so perhaps we should save them for quests, not scrolls)
  • Different puzzle types

3x3 puzzles aren't any easier than 5x5 or even 100x100 if the player doesn't get the trick behind completing the puzzles.

So far all the scans I've had have been in pretty obvious actual locations on the map. It would be fairly easy to complete a clue with nothing but scans sub 30 mins if you simply aren't a brainless peasant.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:54:23 pm »
Easy/medium clues taking just as long as hard/elite is definitely a problem and should be tweaked. I think all clues should be shortened down in completion time. I'm all for making the higher tiers of clues member only. Scans should most definitely recieve light at the end of their tunnel, they're currently just an example of bad game design.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »
Easy/medium clues taking just as long as hard/elite is definitely a problem and should be tweaked. I think all clues should be shortened down in completion time. I'm all for making the higher tiers of clues member only. Scans should most definitely recieve light at the end of their tunnel, they're currently just an example of bad game design.

It's really taking you 50 mins per clue to complete, you just need to git gud m8

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 12:40:27 pm »
it should also give us caskets, instead of receiving the reward right away.
and make the rewards more random, because every clue you complete you get either biscuits or some adamant or rune equipment.
The following users liked this post: Wg Iron
Pages: 1