The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:23:15 pm »
1: Kolodion is located in the wilderness, making anyone targeting him at risk of dying from pkers, the original hopes of the suggestion was to create more content for pvmers without having so much of a risk, if the timer was increased to about 2 hours, and his locations moved outside of the wilderness, it would allow players to explore more of emps-world while not having to worry about being pked constantly

2: Kolodion has low defence, very high hp, but is extremely weak otherwise, was hoping for a difficult boss with fight mechanics to learn and deal with throughout the battle. A much higher amount of hitpoints, and much more defence would make the fight last longer. Also, he lacks any actual offensive ability, his hits being almost completely nullified by protection prayers

3: Would be nice to see cowhides removed, they serve no real purpose in emps world, it's a junk drop, and completely useless. 

4: The droprate for skulls on all the various npc's around Emps-World is quite low, it takes hours just to collect a few skulls, if the droprate could be increased, that would be nice

TlDr;

Kolodion is too easy to kill, and should have more hp and defense
Would be nice to move Kolodion out of the wilderness
Remove cowhides because nobody trains crafting with them
Increase Droprates on skulls
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:50:13 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Hi Im Ethan, Blue Bird, Cjkinsey6

Offline Degtukai

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback: Kolodion update
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:39 pm »
Would be best if it spawned in both: in wild and out. 30minutes really is too common for such boss. 2-3hours spawn time is better.
It needs a lot more hp than it currently has.
(cowhides can be used for crafting ;) )

Offline Dutch Pkerzs

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »
rushers = live wildy

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »
I gotta agree with you, the reason I replied to your last suggestion about kolodion was actually to bring pvm back to life, fixing pvp has nothing to do with limiting the use of this kind of new boss ( spawn at different locations, has a timer , random drops depends on the dmg you've done ) however I think he misunderstood our suggestion or he just wanted to have his last touch on it

we just wanted a boss that you can't kill alone, you simply need a team to have a chance on that drop, making it harder ( higher defence and maybe a make it the same as thomy work, just make that npc to have the ability to think and know when to fight and how )

the droptable is actually better than any other boss droptable we currently have, however i find most of the things there are just placed to make the list looks bigger and has nothing to do with the boss and its actually way2much

77 addy pl8s ? I don't know whats the point on such a drop, 77 addy bars would make more sense to me than actually dropping the whole set.

you've done a great job with that kolodion new way, we just wanted it to look more like a challenge

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback: Kolodion update (and other feedback)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 09:04:53 pm »
BEST BOSS EVER
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Cjkinsey6

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »
Creating a separate topic seems a bit dumb so i'll just reply my thoughts in here....

The kolodion seems like a really cool boss regarding its shared drops,  only having 2 things that should be changed.

1. It's too weak
With masses of 15+ people killing it, it's gone in matter of a few seconds. Its attacks are ridiculously weak and defence almost none. Having those increased would make it feel more like a boss and less like a random spot where you have to walk to get the loot.

2. Wilderness...
I could see why Thomy desided to have it in Wilderness as it increases the risks and somewhat compensates for it being a really weak enemy. Still i see keeping it in wilderness as a game killer for many people. As of myself, i had no problem with it unless a whole team of pkers decided not to let me take part in the event... Trying to get loot without friends when you're continuously being attacked by a horde of players is simply frustrating, and in the end you're only wasting your time and items, killing the event. Simply moving it out from wild would easily fix this problem, and i'd much rather have it so even though the drops would propably get nerfed too.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:38:03 pm by Reporter007 »

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 02:35:44 am »
The cowhide drop is fairy nice if players were looking to start Crafting, however I feel that on a boss it seems kinda out of place. Not very rewarding when you're 99 Crafting and have a hunch that Cowhides aren't really something being currently sold, although I might be wrong.

The Adamant drops confuse me too. At that point it'd be easier if they were just a coin drop or a bar drop. They're basically just alch-material, but there's so many of them to alch that I dunno if you'd even want to even alch them just to maximize cash. I calculated the alch values of each drop and found that you can get roughly the same cash amount in 5-15 rune medium helmets/full helmets/platelegs, and 15-25 platebodies. That'd be much easier and possibly more appealing (?).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:45:26 am by Shadowkei »

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 06:50:53 pm »
1: Kolodion is located in the wilderness, making anyone targeting him at risk of dying from pkers, the original hopes of the suggestion was to create more content for pvmers without having so much of a risk, if the timer was increased to about 2 hours, and his locations moved outside of the wilderness, it would allow players to explore more of emps-world while not having to worry about being pked constantly

I like the idea of how Kolodion works currently, it gives people a reason to go out into the wilderness once again (I know from reading topics that is has been quite dead recently). I think an alternative option for those who do not wish to PvP could be added in the form of a little spider (called Spawn of Kolodion) which uses the same model as the pet which you can buy. These would be mini-bosses, as Kolodion is the main 'world' boss.

I think the drops would have to differ as the player would not be risking much by going to safe areas around Emps-World. I think these drops should also be added to the store (as I know you cannot get many currently). I am not sure what the new items could be however I know Runescape has a lot of halloween items within the database.

2: Kolodion has low defence, very high hp, but is extremely weak otherwise, was hoping for a difficult boss with fight mechanics to learn and deal with throughout the battle. A much higher amount of hitpoints, and much more defence would make the fight last longer. Also, he lacks any actual offensive ability, his hits being almost completely nullified by protection prayers

I mentioned this on the shoutbox yesterday, I think the health should scale automatically based on the number of people attacking. An example would be if Kolodion spawned with 1k health, and under 5 people were attacking it would stay at 1k health. However if over 5 people were attacking it would gain another 1k health. An example of how it works with flexible raiding in World of Warcraft can be found here.

I also agree that the stats may need to be looked at, mainly his defense level however I think his attacks are fine currently (could have done with an AoE (area of effect) attack as he is staying after halloween but otherwise it's fine in my opinion).

EDIT:

4: The droprate for skulls on all the various npc's around Emps-World is quite low, it takes hours just to collect a few skulls, if the droprate could be increased, that would be nice

Kolodion could drop an item (only for halloween) which if you take to the grim reaper he will give you a special ring (or aura) which lasts for a number of kills (I'm not sure how long the default aura lasts) which would boost the drop rate of skulls for every NPC, kind-of like the ring of wealth mechanic.

Another suggestion would be every kill while wearing the ring/aura would always give you 1-2 skulls which would make farming for them pretty easy, which means prices may have to be adjusted.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:05:53 pm by Il Pk I »

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Cjkinsey6

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »
Keep it in the wilderness

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 04:36:03 pm »
Kolodion:
It's fine in the wilderness, I wouldn't change it.
Also its spawnrate is fine - keeps players busy. I actually like it quite much.

We should double his HP during the h'ween event and also increase his accuracy. You have no room for error in searching Kolodion right now, because he'll already be killed. He's simply too easy with this kind of crowd.
After the event, its popularity will most likely drop, so the current rates would be fine then (revert required after the change).

His droptable is great imo, the unnoted dragonstone drop doesn't make sense though. It should definitely be noted.
I like the cowhide drop, but it's out of place. Should be moved elsewhere, so players, who actually need them, could obtain em'.
I personally don't mind the high amount of alchables, although I get the point of having bars instead.

Other feedback:

The droprate of skulls is way too low on all monsters (exluding Kolodion). Also the prices on new rares are way too high. Getting all 3 via the shop would take too long, especially if you want placeholders for them as well (yes I know that they'll stay in Kolodion's droptable.

I would also like to see Grim Reaper hood and Web cape in Grim Reaper's store. Would make sense, because these 2 items were only available only during 2014 H'ween, when I for example had no idea that Emps had returned (e-mails were sent in December 2014). Also Jack Lantern mask is available for the 3rd straight year. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Offline Therun

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 05:37:03 pm »
cow hide's use less??,,,, I'm buying 100k of them 1.5kea in ge

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »
cow hide's use less??,,,, I'm buying 100k of them 1.5kea in ge
That doesnt make them usable
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Level Down

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 09:11:24 am »
I god damn hate the timer on this boss

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
Pages: 1