The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps-World, the safest game ever & more.
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:54:50 am »
Under normal conditions, you cannot lose your items outside of wilderness and duel arena. You can die anywhere else (except SDC) and make it in time to loot back your items. No wonder the server is crowded with items. They never leave the game, they only change the owner. On top of that, there is the guardian angel, that protects you even more. Double protection is good, don't misunderstand me :kappa:, but not in this server.

I managed to drop an item at the saradomin chamber, teleporting away and going back for another trip. Guess what? The item was still there.

I know many people complain about how bad the current condition is and that Emps-Scape was way better than Emps-World because of whatever reasons.
Honestly, most of you do not even know how Emps-Scape really was. All you know is there were other graphics (not hard to see obvious difference, right?),the drops were "better" (-> economy was better) and it had more players making Emps-Scape look like the better server.

Bandos and other good items were expensive (even though they were dropped quite often by weak NPCs) back then. But back then there was also a balance between items getting into the game and out of the game. Every death caused by a disconnect meant 100% item loss, because you would not be able to see the drop anymore.

Does anyone of you remember when you were fighting at kolodion and you and your opponent died at the same time? You had a slim chance of getting your items back by using the Lassar teleport to the castle in lvl 13 wilderness (saved crucial time). Otherwise your items would be gone.

Regarding the player count between Emps-Word and Emps-Scape, there are many reasons that cannot be counted single-handedly. But let's be honest. How many players did not have an e-mail registered to their account and couldnt not get notified when Emps-World returned? How many players created an e-mail merely for Emps-Scape and did not use it after the server was shut down? I know Thomy tries really hard to make the game more attractive for newbies by adding new (updated) content. But he also tries to make it great gaming experience for the older Scapers as well. I know he cannot do it all by himself and god damn, nobody should blame him for that. Do yourself and Thomy a favour by trying to recruit new players.

Emps-World is a great server (probably the greatest RSPS to ever exist) and yes it has some flaws. But instead of ranting of what Emps-World does not have anymore, try to be comprehensible and appreciate the things that we do have and the things that we will get in future. After all it is not that easy to compete with a company, that used cheap tricks to shut us down because they cannot admit how great the server that Thomy created really is.

Well, that was enough off-topic for today. What I wanted to suggest is to lower the timers of the items appearing and disappearing. in the wilderness it should be like 1 minute for you and 1 minute for all until the drop disappears. Outside of wilderness it could be twice as long.
If you are afraid of losing your items, buy a guardian angel.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:31:04 pm by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Ranger 0wns

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World, the safest game ever & more.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 08:58:21 am »
Fixing this isn't the solution to a declining player base if that's what you think. The player count declines because this style game is falling out and most people that used to play have simply moved on with their lives

Emps-scape moderator

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:02:31 am »
Fixing this isn't the solution to a declining player base if that's what you think. The player count declines because this style game is falling out and most people that used to play have simply moved on with their lives

This feedback was about the shitty economy that we have caused by no items leaving the game. Everything else were just some off-topic memories.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:17:53 pm by Junkz »

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:19:36 am »
Agreed, it's indeed a problem. However your nerf is too significant.
I would personally be fine with 2 minutes + 1 minute.
Considering the game knowledge our current playerbase has, they'll have trouble getting there with this timelimit.

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »
Agreed, it's indeed a problem. However your nerf is too significant.
I would personally be fine with 2 minutes + 1 minute.
Considering the game knowledge our current playerbase has, they'll have trouble getting there with this timelimit.

I just found my mistake. I wrote different times for the same thing (outside of wildy).

My suggestion is 1+1 for in the wilderness and 2+2 for out of the wilderness.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
Guardian angels should've never been added to the game, but it's too late to change that by now.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 04:15:06 am »
Not enough items would still leave the game since majority of them are possessed by stakers who don't even play the actual game. You say the game is crowded with items but what you see in game is level 120+ players in full dragon or black d hide, because they cannot afford GWD gear. Trying to make items rarer and more expensive won't add any demand to those items.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 04:45:28 am »
Not enough items would still leave the game since majority of them are possessed by stakers who don't even play the actual game. You say the game is crowded with items but what you see in game is level 120+ players in full dragon or black d hide, because they cannot afford GWD gear. Trying to make items rarer and more expensive won't add any demand to those items.

okay so the solution is to wipe the banks of all stakers, got it :kappa:

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 06:10:26 am »

Stakers are addicted to staking. What about allowing cash only stakes? I am sure most of them will sell a chunk of their bank just to get the cash to keep staking. More items getting into the actual game will result in a crash. More people could afford those items then and then they could also lose them naturally by dying to some NPC :D

Adding a fee of 0.5%-1% of the bets will also get some cash out of the game :)

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 06:59:04 am »
Stakers are addicted to staking. What about allowing cash only stakes? I am sure most of them will sell a chunk of their bank just to get the cash to keep staking. More items getting into the actual game will result in a crash. More people could afford those items then and then they could also lose them naturally by dying to some NPC :D

Unfortunately there are no great solutions for this: If we were to allow cash only stakes (no items), the items would be dumped in order to get cash.
My own suggestion would've been the following: 10% cash fee for all stakes (10% from the total worth of staking pot, we can do this since we have GE)
This suggestion would also cause item dumping, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Perhaps we could create a dumpbox, where the items would be converted into cash using GE prices and the 10% cash fee would be taken from there if needed. If you don't have enough value in the dumpbox, you just can't stake that high/stake at all.
This way items would actually be sinked, instead of dumped to the market.

By the way, I recommend taking this to another tread (create general item/cash sink topic under Suggestions subforum).

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 07:26:39 am »

Duel arena itself is already a giant item sink: since stakers don't play the game, their items will never reach the market of regular players. Besides, I doubt this game has enough cash so stakers could sell their items since, you know, stakers have all the cash in the game as well.

What we need is more content (there's a new dungeon in developement) to attract new players so people would actually have a reason to buy combat gear. Halving the combat xp to 40 per hit could also help.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:33:05 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 09:20:37 am »

Duel arena itself is already a giant item sink: since stakers don't play the game, their items will never reach the market of regular players. Besides, I doubt this game has enough cash so stakers could sell their items since, you know, stakers have all the cash in the game as well.

What we need is more content (there's a new dungeon in developement) to attract new players so people would actually have a reason to buy combat gear. Halving the combat xp to 40 per hit could also help.

That is wrong. The reason why all the popular items like spirit shields, steads, str t and godswords became so cheap now is because one very rich staker decided to sell most of his items. Other stakers paniced and sold their items as well and now you see arcane ss being 80m instead of 200-250m or ags being 30m instead of 60m. This happened with all popular items that were held by stakers, but are no more.

There are not many stakers who got alot cash. You could probably count all stakers with more than 2b cash with one hand.

Adding new content changes nothing because most of the time it gets implented the wrong way - either the monsters are too weak, or the items are too bad or even both.

Instead of fixing the current items (normal + corrupt vestas longsword and spear, korasi, tradable void, defenders, torso and other items), obvious flaws (e.g. magic splashing on melee gear more often than hitting and the economy) and the difficulty of some bosses by improving their mechanics instead of giving them more damage, we only get new content that is popular for 1 week or two until people realize it is not worth doing it because the items that were added with the update are too weak again (rip obby claws).

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 10:05:23 am »
There are not many stakers who got alot cash. You could probably count all stakers with more than 2b cash with one hand.

But there's a very high chance that the 10 most richest people have 90% of all the cash in the game. They also have majority of all the items in the game. To whom are they going to sell their items to? To themselves?

The reason why all the popular items like spirit shields, steads, str t and godswords became so cheap now is because one very rich staker decided to sell most of his items. Other stakers paniced and sold their items as well and now you see arcane ss being 80m instead of 200-250m or ags being 30m instead of 60m. This happened with all popular items that were held by stakers, but are no more.

Still you see nobody actually using those items and instead most people who play this game ''legitimately'' use shit gear. How do you explain that?

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 10:24:05 am »

But there's a very high chance that the 10 most richest people have 90% of all the cash in the game. They also have majority of all the items in the game. To whom are they going to sell their items to? To themselves?

The reason why all the popular items like spirit shields, steads, str t and godswords became so cheap now is because one very rich staker decided to sell most of his items. Other stakers paniced and sold their items as well and now you see arcane ss being 80m instead of 200-250m or ags being 30m instead of 60m. This happened with all popular items that were held by stakers, but are no more.

Still you see nobody actually using those items and instead most people who play this game ''legitimately'' use shit gear. How do you explain that?

Regarding the cash holding this might be true, because of the majority of all players being stakers as well. But most of the items are currently spread in the game resulting in high-end gear being cheap compared to how much they were before.

I do think people having dragon items while being lvl 120+ are a result of stakers getting cleaned and trying to rebuild by doing some pvm until they can stake the item again. This server is all about duel arena. I am 100% sure that every player (ironmen excluded) has a staker in his friendlist that quit the game by losing his bank at duel arena.

Ironman mode made some stakers return to play the game in a way they never thought about: Not being able to stake!
I also know some ironmen who are stakers but see the ironman mode as a way out of the duel arena.

But you are right. There are players who play the game "normally" and are poor. In the past I was walking around and asked normal players about their situation. The result was most of the time the same: They are not that experienced and do not visit the forums. For me it seemed like most of the legit players were some kind of ironmen because they tried to get most of the items themselves. How many ironmen are in the 100s and look like poor players? Emps-World is a now a real challenge, but it was not a challenge back then which caused all the problems we do have now...

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »

Regarding the cash holding this might be true, because of the majority of all players being stakers as well. But most of the items are currently spread in the game resulting in high-end gear being cheap compared to how much they were before.

I do think people having dragon items while being lvl 120+ are a result of stakers getting cleaned and trying to rebuild by doing some pvm until they can stake the item again. This server is all about duel arena. I am 100% sure that every player (ironmen excluded) has a staker in his friendlist that quit the game by losing his bank at duel arena.

Ironman mode made some stakers return to play the game in a way they never thought about: Not being able to stake!
I also know some ironmen who are stakers but see the ironman mode as a way out of the duel arena.

Solution: remove the staking system.

What if stakers quit the game? It doesn't matter. They already don't play the game, they just fake the player count.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: Attacker35
Pages: 1 2